Question On Proteins...

Katman9

Awards
I have recently gotten back into lifting, and hoping to get bigger, and in shape again.. I have been looking at proteins and have a a few questions...
1. Which protein would you recommend between:pro-Complex or Muscle Infusion?
2. Should I get another entire protein just for post workout, and use my other just for extra protein in my diet throughout the day...I was considering 2:1:1 as my post workout protein...

Thanks guys...

WorkingClass

WorkingClass

Awards
Sounds like you're over thinking this a bit IMO. Optimum always puts out a quality product, though a bit pricey. Never tried muscle infusion, but the price looks good. It's always way cheaper to mix up your own with the generic brands though. As long as you keep your eyes on the labels for weird ****.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Muscle Infusion is kinda pricey no? I have no idea what the flavor is like though. Everybody has their own opinions and preferences, but most go with a whey protein for post-workout and a blend like Pro-Complex or a straight Casein for other points in the day. The idea is that whey breaks down faster and gets where it needs to go during your post-workout recovery window. Search around and see what people say about prices and flavors. A lot of the more expensive proteins are going to have extra ingredients that are not worth teh extra cash.

Personally I like Muscle Milk in the morning mixed with hot oatmeal...either banana or cinnamon bun...this is simply because I find it mixes best and I enjoy the flavor. I go with ON Casein mixed cold with oats during the day and ON Whey post-workout. Taste here doesn't matter much to me since I drink it pretty fast and I go with ON because I can get it cheap and they make an ok product.

Anything extra like more glutamine, beta-alanine and BCAAs, I buy bulk and add in myself.

And bonus, yet another person from Illinois here!

Katman9

Awards
Yep good ole illinois, thanks guys, appreciate the help

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
If you can stomach concentrate (cheap), go with that. I personally can't (tears me up inside). I like Iso-ology or MAP. Neither can be beat.

sking6464

sking6464

Awards
  • Established
hows the iso ology????? all i use is map or isolates like intra pro, but i hate supporting gaspari lol

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
I take NTBM Whey. I would drink a 50g post WO shake, 20g 1st thing am, 20g before you lift

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
hows the iso ology????? all i use is map or isolates like intra pro, but i hate supporting gaspari lol
I love it honestly. I've just accepted the fact I need to use high quality (and unfortunately, more expensive) proteins. If I don't, my stomach revolts.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I've switched to plant proteins last fall and I have never looked back.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just buy a whey, and avoid protein powder. I aim to get all my protein from food. Ppl and there magic powders

Soulpatch

Awards
I have settled on the Intek Evolution. Fantastic blend!

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
why not make your own on tru protein.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have a whey protein for when i cant eat for whatever reason, but if i can. Ill get all my protein from whole food. Sorry for the confusion.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Really? Why?
Better on my digestive system...i have medical issues where plant proteins are tremendously better for me. Plus, they provide me with enough protein if i take in a double amount to benefit me for what I am doing at this point in my life....