What Supplements Are Similar To NZT-48 (The Clear Pill From The Movie Limitless)?

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you saw the movie you'll know what I'm talking about. Now I know no supplement will give me anywhere near that drastic of an effect but I am looking for something to slightly increase Brain Funtion/Power. I know of Ginkgo, Hup-A, and Ginseng but other than that i'm kinda lost. Does anyone know of any supplement (herbal or chemical based) that will do this? Thank You

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If you saw the movie you'll know what I'm talking about. Now I know no supplement will give me anywhere near that drastic of an effect but I am looking for something to slightly increase Brain Funtion/Power. I know of Ginkgo, Hup-A, and Ginseng but other than that i'm kinda lost. Does anyone know of any supplement (herbal or chemical based) that will do this? Thank You
Please also understand that the idea that we only use 10% of our brain, which the movie is based on, is complete BS. It's fine for Hollywood, but I've actually heard fellow neuroscientists quote this stat and it takes all of my will power to not punch them.

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Please also understand that the idea that we only use 10% of our brain, which the movie is based on, is complete BS. It's fine for Hollywood, but I've actually heard fellow neuroscientists quote this stat and it takes all of my will power to not punch them.
Yea I've heard that too. Would you happen to know how much of our brain we actually use?

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is it not more accurate to say we use 10% of our brain power at any given time, on average?

aka, someone thinking about art isn't using their mathematical brain power to do so (in theory, though I have problems with that statement as well).

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
As a simplified general rule, we're using 100% of it all the time. Using modern techniques like fMRI to visualize what parts are lighting up when in use are really just showing that those areas are being used more at that point in time relative to the rest.

The whole 10% thing comes from a quote WAY back and has gone through a few misquotes since. To use the example given, a somewhat simple task like thinking about art is going to activate the visual cortex (ie occcipital lobe), but will activate centers used for math too, in addition to memory (midbrain structures and hippocampus and parts of the temporal lobe) and emotion as well as many others.

The brain has some failsafe redundancy worked in which helps in case of injury or stroke, but we really can't spare any of it.

Wheyfocused

Awards
  • Established
Id prefer not to control 100% of my brain.

I like not having to consciously make my heart beat

Wheyfocused

Awards
  • Established
Where do you get these?
Google.

Good luck getting piracetam anymore. Stuff is amazing, but is no longer legal for supplemental distribution. The last of this on the market is the last you'll get

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Provigil is the closest thing out there right now, but it is prescription-only- Provigil plus 1,3 DMA will give you somewhat similar effects to what is described in the movie- but not to the same extent- pharmacologically I don't think this is possible.....and from a physiology standpoint, I agree with Aleksandar, you use most of your brain constantly.......

This combo is not for beginners, but it will put you on a whole different level as far as clarity and focus....

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Unlock Your Potential With This Memory Boosting Nootropic Agent
Have you seen the 2011 movie called Limitless? In the film, the lead character is introduced to a new smart drug that allows him to access 100% of his brain power. Realizing that most people only have access to 20% of their brain power, he can’t resist…and down the hatch goes the first pill.

A tablet a day gives him the power to become limitless in his intelligence. He can solve any problem, he wrote a novel from start to finish in 4 days, made millions of dollars in under a week, and could anticipate every possible outcome with mathematical precision to every possible scenario. In short, he became the perfect version of himself, being limitless in his cognitive and intellectual abilities.

It’s a truly fascinating concept, and the fact of the matter is, science isn’t far behind.

Recently, a new class of innovative sports supplements has exploded onto the market. They’re called Nootropics, and they can help enhance cognition and intelligence like never before.

One such Nootropic agent is called Huperzine A. Now, Huperzine is not going to make you limitless like the lead character in the movie. But it’s benefits to cognitive enhancement are astonishing.

If you’re even the least bit interested in improving your cognitive abilities…whether you have exams to study for or projects at work that require you to be at the top of your game, then you can’t miss out on the amazing science behind Huperzine A.

So What is Huperzine A?
Huperzine A is a naturally occurring sesquiterpine alkaloid that comes from the plant Huperzia serrata.

It works by boosting levels of one of the body’s main memory neurotransmitters, Acetylcholine (ACh). To do so, Huperzine A functions as an Acetylcholinesterase inhibitor, which means it helps inhibit the enzyme that breaks down ACh in the brain. The end result is more ACh, and that’s a very good thing. Why’s that?

Remember This…..

Current research into Huperzine A suggests that it can support mental focus and clarity (who couldn’t use more of that in today’s fast paced World), help maintain cognitive function, and vastly improve both short and long term memory. Awesome, right?!

There’s More!
Huperzine A is just one of many exciting Nootropic agents on the market.

In fact, it’s just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to cognitive, emotional, and intellectual enhancement!

Other exciting Nootropic agents include Picamilon, Phenibut, and blends like Focus XT…and their benefits are nothing shy of amazing.

Where Can I Get It?
At Serious Nutrition Solutions, we’re proud to offer you the purest, highest quality form of Huperzine A on the market. Every capsule contains 100mcg of 99% pure Huperzine A for unmatched cognitive enhancement.

When supplementing with Serious Nutrition Solutions Huperzine A-99%, I recommend you to take one to four capsules daily with meals. It’s that simple. Then let Huperzine A-99% boost your mental performance!

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I like huperzine A quite a bit- we have it in HGH-Up because of its strong effects on inhibiting somatostatin- it is a pretty decent nootropic as well. It is getting VERY hard to find on the sourcing side, unfortunately....

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like huperzine A quite a bit- we have it in HGH-Up because of its strong effects on inhibiting somatostatin- it is a pretty decent nootropic as well. It is getting VERY hard to find on the sourcing side, unfortunately....
Agreed good stuff and underrated. Probably an excellent stacker with all dem fancy new peptides.

T50

T50

Awards
  • Established
What's the best overall focus/brain blend? Focus XT? And what would be the one best thing to stack it with? Thanks in advance guys

jtterrible

jtterrible

Awards
Pramiracetam - an altered form of piracetam that is roughly 8 times more effective than normal Piracetam. I've read a couple logs on it where guys have developed photographic memory over a period of 6-9 months. I also read more logs where guys just had elevated cognitive functions and memory.. so depends on the person.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Provigil is the closest thing out there right now, but it is prescription-only- Provigil plus 1,3 DMA will give you somewhat similar effects to what is described in the movie- but not to the same extent- pharmacologically I don't think this is possible.....and from a physiology standpoint, I agree with Aleksandar, you use most of your brain constantly.......

This combo is not for beginners, but it will put you on a whole different level as far as clarity and focus....
Can you hit more upon this combo. I LOVE selegiline/rasagiline with DMAA but what would be the major difference between provigil and Selegiline in terms of nootropic effects.

T50

T50

Awards
  • Established
Pramiracetam - an altered form of piracetam that is roughly 8 times more effective than normal Piracetam. I've read a couple logs on it where guys have developed photographic memory over a period of 6-9 months. I also read more logs where guys just had elevated cognitive functions and memory.. so depends on the person.
Wow sign me up. Is this available at nutra? Also, what's a hood dosage. I'm trying to make a good brain/memory/concentration stack for school. Need to ace all my classes this year.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I think a lot of guys on the peptide end of things are starting to figure this out- Huperzine A can increase the effectiveness of injectible peptides dramatically- Hup A and L-Dopa with a DDC-inhibitor are a legit alternative to injectible GH-this is why we sell 100K+ bottles a year of HGH-Up :)

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I can't honestly answer that b/c I have never tried selegline or rasagline- modafinil effects the dopamine reuptake transporter, and has some strong effects on wakefulness, but not like a conventional stim. Selegline can be taken in conjunction with L-Dopa, and acts as an MAO B inhibitor that effects dopamine and PEA levels, so when you take it along with DMAA you will get a nice boost in NE and DA levels, with maybe a little serotonin enhancement to boot. Selegline/DMAA would probably give you a good mood-boosting effect as well.....DMAA plus modafinil will do this somewhat, but will also lean you towards anxiety/paranoia if taken in too high an amt....

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
so what does everyone consider the ultimate stack? cuz we have a bunch of nootropics, which have a synergistic effect on one another?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Does it have to be cycled?

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
slight thread revelancy...but I see 'Limitless' came out on DVD today....any good?

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
To answer the OP's question and Ive used a variety of noots, the one Im most impressed with as having little to no side effects and consistent results is ALCAR. It has many beneficial effects besides cognitive enhancement.

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yea I only saw the theatrical version but it was a good movie def worth checking out. I'm excited to see the Unrated Extended Cut.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yea I only saw the theatrical version but it was a good movie def worth checking out. I'm excited to see the Unrated Extended Cut.
cool man, thanks! I tossed it in my Netflix que...bradley cooper seems to be in everything these days...

GodofWine

GodofWine

Awards
Provigil plus 300mg test e a week would probably put you in 'movie mode'

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Alcar plus R-lipoic acid, like everything should be cycled with off periods.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
cool man, thanks! I tossed it in my Netflix que...bradley cooper seems to be in everything these days...
I just watched it last night, it was pretty good!

Very interesting thread, still have to give that FocusXT a try sometime.

Ripped_Effect

Ripped_Effect

Awards
I hope a mad scientist comes out with drug soon so I can tell my doctor to hook me up.

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
I bought a bulk powder tub of Pram a few months ago. This stuff is amazing. The only racetam out there that is more powerful is phenylpiracetam, which can only be gained from Russian or Chinese labs. Finally found some phenyl with good purity yesterday, very stoked for it to get here. Pramiracetam is definitely an EXCELLENT product though. It actually ranges between 8 and 30 times the potency of Piracetam. I have the 30x version, and I use it in combination with Focus XT. Very solid stuff. I also add some ALCAR and PEA. Galantamine and Pyritinol if I need to be Einstein for a little while. There are a huge variety of nootropics out there that all do different things. Just make sure you don't cheap up when it comes to something that crosses the blood-brain barrier or you will be sorry.

Saw someone ask this: You dose Pram between 200mg and 400mg usually.

ktatro1

ktatro1

Awards
  • Established
Schizandrol A + 1,3 - DMAA is another awesome combo...

Ripped_Effect

Ripped_Effect

Awards
Of these that are listed what do all consider the best stack to get the NZT-48 effect

Okay so far you guys have mentioned Vinpocetine; Tyrosine; PEA; Lecithin; Choline; Picamilon; Pramiracetam; Plcar; Huperzine; Piracetam; Alcar;FocusXT; Provigil and Lipoic Acid. That is a ton of supplements most of which are nootropics.

Of these that are listed what do all consider the best stack to get the NZT-48 effect?????????????

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Okay so far you guys have mentioned Vinpocetine; Tyrosine; PEA; Lecithin; Choline; Picamilon; Pramiracetam; Plcar; Huperzine; Piracetam; Alcar;FocusXT; Provigil and Lipoic Acid. That is a ton of supplements most of which are nootropics.

Of these that are listed what do all consider the best stack to get the NZT-48 effect?????????????
I would say huperzine/piracetam/Glucuronolactone along with essential vitamins and minerals.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love me some lucidrol. Which is also why I am a 4.0 graduate student. Jus sayin. :p

I do want to try pramiracetam however.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love me some lucidrol. Which is also why I am a 4.0 graduate student. Jus sayin. :p

I do want to try pramiracetam however.
Get it while its HAWT ;)

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can anybody describe the effects they get from taking a racetam

joenisatriani

Awards
hi guys. I just ordered
1x Piracetam (1000 mg/500 grams) By: Serious Nutrition Solutions

1x Glucuronolactone (120 Capsules) By: Serious Nutrition Solutions

1x Huperzine A 99% (120 Capsules) By: Serious Nutrition Solutions

Since i am a beginner with supplements, can you help me with the dosage? I've heard i should get piracetam more than the recommended dosage for the first few days.
Can you also give me some ideas about cycles?
And last, should i use any liver cleansing? If yes when?
Thanks a lot!!!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
hi guys. I just ordered
1x Piracetam (1000 mg/500 grams) By: Serious Nutrition Solutions

1x Glucuronolactone (120 Capsules) By: Serious Nutrition Solutions

1x Huperzine A 99% (120 Capsules) By: Serious Nutrition Solutions

Since i am a beginner with supplements, can you help me with the dosage? I've heard i should get piracetam more than the recommended dosage for the first few days.
Can you also give me some ideas about cycles?
And last, should i use any liver cleansing? If yes when?
Thanks a lot!!!
Bro, I hate to say it but I would definitely either pick up Focus XT or Bulk Choline if you have any intention of using the piracetam. If I don't use a choline source, I get very foggy.

No liver cleansing necessary. Take the Glucoronolactone at 1g whenever you need a mood boost. Take 2 caps Hup A 15 minutes prior to studying. You won't FEEL Hup A, but it will boost memory retention

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Whats the best source of choline? I've seen several kinds on the internet

T50

T50

Awards
  • Established
There are so many nootropics, hard to pick which ones I want to use for my stack. What are the essential ones that you would definitely want in your stack?

Pramiracetam? Huperzine-A?

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There are so many nootropics, hard to pick which ones I want to use for my stack. What are the essential ones that you would definitely want in your stack?

Pramiracetam? Huperzine-A?
those two and focus xt.