BCAA formula improvements

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
so based on what is out there, xtend, ibcaa, purple wraath, modern bcaa, recoup... and others

what do you like about the formula,

What would you change about the formula?

basically getting ideas for the ultimate bcaa product

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
most new products are going with the 4:1:1 ratio, I am surprised Scivation has not reformulated

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
a reformulation for scivation is coming. Idk what it will include tho. For me a bcaa should be, BCAA (i like 2:1:1), taurine, lclt. Idk what type of product your trying to make but lclt would go nicely with bcaa for recovery during a workout. I personally use when im going the bulk route. 1g Vit C, 1g LCLT, 10-15g BCAA 2:1:1, 1.6g Beta-alanine. Cit mal would be nice when dosed right too. But the above treats me well.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
^SweetLou321 has a great sounding combo!

I love Millennium Sport Technologies RPG IBCAA formula(2:1:1) also does not contain any source of hair, would love to see a formula like this with added BCAA Nitrate. Powershock is the best tasting BCAA drink.

R.P.G. Ajipure IBCAA 2:1:1 5000g
L-Leucine 2,500mg
L-Isoleucine 1,250mg
L-Valine 1,250mg

L-Glutamine (100% Ajipure) 2500mg

RecvoORAC Matrix:

Propietary Antioxidant blend of: Dark Cherry Powder, N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC), Orotic Acid, Acerola Berry Powder, Blueberry Juice Powder
1000mg

+ BCAA Nitrate

Last edited:

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think the eaa blend and glutamine could be left out. Since we all eat very often in this industry and all the eaa's will already be in the blood, so there would be lil point to add the others outside of BCAA which trigger the response the most of all the eaa. Unless you train fasted. Ill say powershock did taste good, and vote for bcaa nitrates to i guess lol

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think the eaa blend and glutamine could be left out. Since we all eat very often in this industry and all the eaa's will already be in the blood, so there would be lil point to add the others outside of BCAA which trigger the response the most of all the eaa. Unless you train fasted. Ill say powershock did taste good, and vote for bcaa nitrates to i guess lol
I'd still like to see the Glutamine in, but ya I could care less about the eaa's.

Eizbear

Eizbear

Awards
  • Established
I like the content of AXcell, it has about everything I like to see in a BCAA..

4:1:1 Growth & Recovery BCAA Matrix: 11g

Ingredients: Leuc-X4 BCAA Technology (L-Leucine , L-Isoleucine, L-Valine), AFO-x Technology (Glucuronolactone, L-Taurine, Citrulline Malate), L-Glutamine, Vitamin C, Lysophosphatidylcholine (LPC), Vitamin B6
The Artic Berry tastes great. Just add some crushed ice in it , you've a great tasting slushy these hots days :)

Though, I like to add some extra Citrulline Malate to get that extra pump from it..

Arguing about BCAA vs EAA ain't something I'm gonna meddle with.. It's like the camp of LCD vs Plasma..

I still use both, but mainly EAA, since it contains BCAA...

*pooof, Ninja smoke*

Ginandtonic

Ginandtonic

Awards
10g BCAA
Peptopro
2g CM
1g Carnosyn
Norvaline
Glucuronolactone
Phosphatidylserine
Sustamine
B-vitamins
Electrolytes
Power Grape

-carbs/no carbs

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I like the content of AXcell, it has about everything I like to see in a BCAA..

The Artic Berry tastes great. Just add some crushed ice in it , you've a great tasting slushy these hots days :)

Though, I like to add some extra Citrulline Malate to get that extra pump from it..

Arguing about BCAA vs EAA ain't something I'm gonna meddle with.. It's like the camp of LCD vs Plasma..

I still use both, but mainly EAA, since it contains BCAA...

*pooof, Ninja smoke*
how much actual bcaa is in this? i always wondered

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like recoverpro, all amino's no junk, best value in amino supplements....same price as bulk but better ratio and has a flavor so no need for crystal light and all that

now if you want to make it better, i always like b-vitamins added, and Gear is a superior bcaa product, if you can make something like that and keep the price down, then you'll have a winner

malleus25

malleus25

Awards
I love body Mortar CF, tastes like a lemon head and has a 4:1:1 mix.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Ajipure IBCAA 2:1:1 5000g
L-Leucine 2,500mg
L-Isoleucine 1,250mg
L-Valine 1,250mg

Sustamine 1000mg

BCAA Nitrate 2000mg

P-5-P 50mg
LCLT 1000mg
Vit C 250mg
This would be my Ultimate BCAA mix. :yup:

Maybe some L-Leucine Peptides too!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Since we all eat very often in this industry and all the eaa's will already be in the blood, so there would be lil point to add the others outside of BCAA which trigger the response the most of all the eaa. Unless you train fasted. Ill say powershock did taste good, and vote for bcaa nitrates to i guess lol
I don't eat very often, 3 meals 5ish hours apart. But they are all solid food so there still are all the EAAs in blood anyhow :)

And I like that the powershock works well alongside any creatine to be a decent non-stim pre/peri workout drink

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
why the p5p?

not everyone is looking into lowering prolactin. by adding something like that the formula is limiting to the customers...

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
why the p5p?

not everyone is looking into lowering prolactin. by adding something like that the formula is limiting to the customers...
Coenzyme b6- for amino acid metabolism. From NOW Foods p5p

"acts primarily as an enzyme catalyst in many body processes including energy metabolism and neurotransmitter function. Before it can be used for this purpose it must be converted into its coenzyme form by the liver. P-5-P eliminates this step by providing B6 in its converted form, allowing for greater biovailability. This product is enteriacally coated to avoid potency loss during digestion."

A bunch of the bcaa products out contain B6 ie purple wraath and Xtend

Not completely necessary but, again, this is just MY ultimate mix.

Last edited:
JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
great point, i know b6 is essential to allow the body to utilize aminos so that makes a great point!!

doses may be lower to do this and not prolactin control....

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don't eat very often, 3 meals 5ish hours apart. But they are all solid food so there still are all the EAAs in blood anyhow :)

And I like that the powershock works well alongside any creatine to be a decent non-stim pre/peri workout drink
i said unless you train fasted. Either way im already aware you are much smarter then me lol

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
great point, i know b6 is essential to allow the body to utilize aminos so that makes a great point!!

doses may be lower to do this and not prolactin control....
You could def get away with 10-20mg of P-5-P and still be good to go. I just prefer p5p cause it's a superior form of B6.

Can't wait to see what formulation you guys go with!

Wheyfocused

Awards
  • Established
Ajipure doesnt matter. BCAA is BCAA. You will get the same results

Some say that you have better mixing and taste with Ajipure. But regular BCAAs taste fine, mix fine and are cheaper

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Coenzyme b6- for amino acid metabolism. From NOW Foods p5p

"acts primarily as an enzyme catalyst in many body processes including energy metabolism and neurotransmitter function. Before it can be used for this purpose it must be converted into its coenzyme form by the liver. P-5-P eliminates this step by providing B6 in its converted form, allowing for greater biovailability. This product is enteriacally coated to avoid potency loss during digestion."

A bunch of the bcaa products out contain B6 ie purple wraath and Xtend

Not completely necessary but, again, this is just MY ultimate mix.
^^^ This... Good info here mm

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Ajipure doesnt matter. BCAA is BCAA. You will get the same results

Some say that you have better mixing and taste with Ajipure. But regular BCAAs taste fine, mix fine and are cheaper
Agreed. I would love to see someone run both regular BCAAs and "instantized" BCAAs side by side. My guess is the results would be exactly the same with both.

tattoopierced1

Body Mortar has 2 different types, regular (30g carbs per serving and BCAA ratio of 4:1:1) and a Carb Free version, same BCAA ratio, without the carbs.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like recoverpro, all amino's no junk, best value in amino supplements....same price as bulk but better ratio and has a flavor so no need for crystal light and all that

now if you want to make it better, i always like b-vitamins added, and Gear is a superior bcaa product, if you can make something like that and keep the price down, then you'll have a winner
The new RecoverPRO is awesome. The taste is insanely good.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i'll see what i can dig up, if anything....

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
the info i can leak is that we will be using our patent pending 3:1:2 ratio...

Palash

Awards
New form of BCAA - BCAA malate.
ALR Chain'd Out
Maybe better then nitrate, ethyl ester.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Malate is dumb, it doesnt add anything to your bcaa other then solubility. Plus the weight of the malate actually gives you a lot less actuall bcaa.