Peptopro Power!

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
Alright here is what I've done the past two months, I've scrapped whey protein from my diet and replaced it with peptopro. I'm still using dymatize elite gourmet protein but that is a mix of whey and casein so it doesn't count. Pre and post workout I'm using maximum absorbed protein by primordial performance. It tastes pretty good for peptopro, which usually is pretty bad. Cranberry splash is my top flavor. I've noticed decreased soreness, increase in strength and recovery, and to be honest the map gives you some not so great breathe. Only issue is price, pound for pound whey is cheaper. However I definitely am noticing better gains once using the map vs. the whey. Jury is still out on whether or not it is worth the extra price to completely change over from whey to a peptopro based protein product. Anyone else using peptopro wanna chime in?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What amount are you using? I use 15g pre-training and 35g post-training.

Jorsn

Awards
  • Established
I was using MAP pre work out too. I noticed less soreness and better endurance. I'm going to start buying bulk PeptoPro from TrueProtein... Until PP offers 5lb MAP

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
I'm using 10g map with 10g ibcaa pre and 20g map with 10g ibcaa post workout. I'm debating on upping the post workout dose though.

I was using MAP pre work out too. I noticed less soreness and better endurance. I'm going to start buying bulk PeptoPro from TrueProtein... Until PP offers 5lb MAP
Fully agreed, the 1lb tub is too small, give me a 3lb'er even and I'll be happy. 5lb might be too much for me since I like to rotate the flavors some. Bulk peptopro tastes like booty though, good luck.

Jorsn

Awards
  • Established
Fully agreed, the 1lb tub is too small, give me a 3lb'er even and I'll be happy. 5lb might be too much for me since I like to rotate the flavors some. Bulk peptopro tastes like booty though, good luck.
I'll be adding flavors to it. No way in hell am I drinking flavorless peptopro!

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I notice a denser feeling in my muscles, faster recovery, less doms, increased contractile strength in muscles. This after using it steadily for 2 months. I definatly give it my approval to keep it in my stash. Btw im using MAP from Primordial Performance and im trying to get them to carry a bigger tub or even a ziplock bag. I average about 5 tubs a month, thats about a tub every 5 days or so.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Someone tell me where to buy this, i have searched and can't find any places that sell it.. just there website. Is that the only place?

Mike

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
i only use it Post workout when i do. or during. i use WHEY fo reverythign else. (sometimes casein at night)

sking6464

sking6464

Awards
  • Established
Someone tell me where to buy this, i have searched and can't find any places that sell it.. just there website. Is that the only place?

Mike
something about it costs them almost as much to make it as they sell retail for, hence only on pp

its gets very expensive, but for a peptopro it tastes like juice when really cold, and being stomach sensitive to most proteins, it goes down like water for me

rodja, 35g postwo? what the hell? im 215 n 20g is my max, or else id be broke

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
something about it costs them almost as much to make it as they sell retail for, hence only on pp

its gets very expensive, but for a peptopro it tastes like juice when really cold, and being stomach sensitive to most proteins, it goes down like water for me

rodja, 35g postwo? what the hell? im 215 n 20g is my max, or else id be broke
Rep perks. I also don't eat a lot of carbs and this helps to keep the energy up.

sking6464

sking6464

Awards
  • Established
rep perks, i guess it helps even out things, seeing as a rep you've been ass raped over all the mass delays and conspiracy crap the last 2months.....i guess you deserve all the free map you can get

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hell, it's been going on since last Fall when the old hormone line was DC'd and the going under rumors started.

sapentia

sapentia

Awards
I have used PeptoPro for over a year now but never as high as 35g PWO. Can you tell a difference from using just 20g or so? My typical protocol is to take 10g 4:1:1 BCAA with 15g PeptoPro pre-WO and then the same again PWO. If there is a significant benefit to upping the amount of Pepto I will have to give it a try; I just always heard that 15g or so was all that was needed.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
20g is plenty since most people also use this in conjunction with carbs.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
One thing in MAP that is horribly overlooked is the prebiotics included in it.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Has anyone who used peptopro compared it with ON's hydrowhey?

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
lot of studies out there showing concentrate is more effective than hydrolysate...just sayin'

sking6464

sking6464

Awards
  • Established
got a sample of that hydrowhey....nasty.....map cold tastes 100x better imo

im fussy for flavors tho, so its just me, plus iv never liked ON

id assume effects would be similar tho, digestion wise peptopro/map goes down like water and makes pre/intra very convenient vs a powder sloshing around in my stomach

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Would this have benifit intra-wo? There is no way i could ever afford 30g a day of peptopro. I wouldnt be able to buy food lol.

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes and I didnt really see the benefits when I used hydrowhey. Pluse they both taste entirely different. MAP genuinly taste like fruit juice. Hydrowhey taste ok and has more carbs.

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Would this have benifit intra-wo? There is no way i could ever afford 30g a day of peptopro. I wouldnt be able to buy food lol.
It would work great intra workout and you'd be fine with 10 grams imo.

crazym

Awards
I've got 3lbs of peptopro plus 1lb of leucine and 1lb of citrulline Malate on the way, going to make a 5lb of biotest mag10 knockoff. Will post back when it finally arrives.

sapentia

sapentia

Awards
One thing in MAP that is horribly overlooked is the prebiotics included in it.
I looked at my jar of unflavored MAP this morning and didn't see an prebiotics on the ingredient list. Is this something that is included in the flavored varieties?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I looked at my jar of unflavored MAP this morning and didn't see an prebiotics on the ingredient list. Is this something that is included in the flavored varieties?
Yes, it's the FOS.

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
that would save a butt load of money haha
From the pros I do know and have asked questions about protein powder, they usually always choose isolate over concentrate and many now are switching over to hydrolyzed whey/casein. Personally I see and feel a big difference when using hydrolyzed proteins vs concentrate.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lot of studies out there showing concentrate is more effective than hydrolysate...just sayin'
Sorry but are you referring to whey?

I have had the best results using MAP (hydrolyzed casein) intra-workout over any form including BCAA's. It's expensive, but well worth it. The results speak for themselves, and everyone who ends up trying it realizes this pretty quick. Want to save money drop the whey and get a solid blend and use a peptopro like MAP during workout.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^^^Thinking about givingsome of my BCAA's and P-shakes a break in lieu of this.

Latest feedback?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love this Coop dude - dude's quick, everywhere and very helpful.

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
I thought there was only 1 negative study and all the rest were positive? Have any studies tested it intra workout? I think anybody who uses it can tell you its superior especially intra workout.

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
Sorry but are you referring to whey?

I have had the best results using MAP (hydrolyzed casein) intra-workout over any form including BCAA's. It's expensive, but well worth it. The results speak for themselves, and everyone who ends up trying it realizes this pretty quick. Want to save money drop the whey and get a solid blend and use a peptopro like MAP during workout.
I agree I think it works considerably better plus who drinks a whey shake intra workout that ridiculous. Are there any studies out there comparing peptopro to whey intra workout. I saw 1 negative study but they combined the protein with tons of fat. They compared digestion 8 hrs later. right off the bat I know thats not right. If you consume peptopro on an empty stomach there is no way it is still digesting 8 hours later. major red flag

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you want quick absorbing, why not just use a very high quality isolate? Goes down just as easy but costs a whole lot less than high end hydro.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree I think it works considerably better plus who drinks a whey shake intra workout that ridiculous. Are there any studies out there comparing peptopro to whey intra workout. I saw 1 negative study but they combined the protein with tons of fat. They compared digestion 8 hrs later. right off the bat I know thats not right. If you consume peptopro on an empty stomach there is no way it is still digesting 8 hours later. major red flag
I had a hard time reading your post with that avatar bud...talk about distracted

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Somebody was taking 45g of peptopro a day... wow that isnt cheap!!

Great ingredient, but quite costly compared to even high end whey products.

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
Somebody was taking 45g of peptopro a day... wow that isnt cheap!!

Great ingredient, but quite costly compared to even high end whey products.
I think its only worth taking intra workout or during fasted cardio

I know 1 thing with the price where it is if anybody even thought it wasnt worth it they would stop taking it. Im going to keep using it for now

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
not sure what "a lot means" but the above is absolutely true. More Aminos are used by the gut because of speed.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Peptopro > BCAA's when it comes to intraworkout and recovery.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Alright here is what I've done the past two months, I've scrapped whey protein from my diet and replaced it with peptopro. I'm still using dymatize elite gourmet protein but that is a mix of whey and casein so it doesn't count. Pre and post workout I'm using maximum absorbed protein by primordial performance. It tastes pretty good for peptopro, which usually is pretty bad. Cranberry splash is my top flavor. I've noticed decreased soreness, increase in strength and recovery, and to be honest the map gives you some not so great breathe. Only issue is price, pound for pound whey is cheaper. However I definitely am noticing better gains once using the map vs. the whey. Jury is still out on whether or not it is worth the extra price to completely change over from whey to a peptopro based protein product. Anyone else using peptopro wanna chime in?
New this was old, when I seen PP name. Miss them.