BCAA

FrankieG410

Awards
Hey Guys, I wanted to find out what the best BCAA product would be to take post workout, I've heard great stuff on Purple Wraath but have taken Twin Lab Amino fuel in the past, anyone know a popular one that's better?

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
ModernBCAA is my choice.

no artificials. 8:1:1 ratio. and white blue raspberry is delicious.

TehProdigy

TehProdigy

Awards
  • Established
Hey Guys, I wanted to find out what the best BCAA product would be to take post workout, I've heard great stuff on Purple Wraath but have taken Twin Lab Amino fuel in the past, anyone know a popular one that's better?
There really is endless suggestions.

I'm looking at Xtend, and liking it. If your a fan of flavors and taste go with Xtend, its got me hooked.

Or Bulk BCAA's i've heard is great.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As already mentioned, this is definitely personal preference. I personally use LG Sciences' BC+EAA and have done so for quite a while now.

~Rosie~

808rebel

808rebel

Awards
ModernBCAA is my choice.

no artificials. 8:1:1 ratio. and white blue raspberry is delicious.
i just started taking bcaas myself and this is what i use. Xtend is also VERY popular..im gunna try that out next.

TehProdigy

TehProdigy

Awards
  • Established
i just started taking bcaas myself and this is what i use. Xtend is also VERY popular..im gunna try that out next.
Another great thing about Xtend is, there are so many flavorss!

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
AI's recoverpro is also a good choice. im really liking the new version in red rasp. i also like modern bcaa by usp labs. price wise id go with recoverpro

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
AI's recoverpro is also a good choice. im really liking the new version in red rasp. i also like modern bcaa by usp labs. price wise id go with recoverpro
^^^Those two are both really good options, bulk IBCAA's is also great for a cheap alternative.

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
I don't take my BCAA's post workout, I start taking it before and sip on it during my workout.
I'll mix up some in a gallon too and sip on it once in awhile during certain days.
It really is personal preference of course, I personally use Athletic Xtreme's Axcell. I'm currently mixing the arctic berry in a gallon jug because it waters down better than the orange. The Orange flavor I use pre and intra workout.
Flavors are going to vary even within the same brand so you'll prob end up trying quite a few yourself over time.
Some people like to take the BCAA bulk and flavor it themselves.
But it's not just about flavor, it's content too. Read the facts and ingredients to make sure the product has exactly what your looking for. Most BCAA products aren't just BCAA I've seen one or two ppl repeating certain ingredients with different supps that just isn't necessary. So read and shop around and find what sounds best

middleageguy

middleageguy

Awards

As mentioned by others you can buy in bulk.
But if you want you can also design your own mix if you want to research and determine what you want in it.

http://www.trueprotein.com/custom_product.aspx

I created my own Custom Mix of the Amino Acids and other supplements I wanted creating my Post-Workout-Recovery-Drink.
I also ordered bulk Creatine that I mix with Dextrose( I purchased from a local Homebrew & Wine Supply) myself so I get the ratio I want.

There are all kinds of options. You don’t necessarily have to buy a ready made mix. I’m sure there are many companies that offer this.

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
As already mentioned, this is definitely personal preference. I personally use LG Sciences' BC+EAA and have done so for quite a while now.

~Rosie~
That's my current intra drink. I use N2BM's Muscle Replenisher post.

FrankieG410

Awards
Thanks for the info, im glad to hear all of this

azbetterman

Awards
bcaa's

I just ordered Optimum Nutrition
BCAA 5000 Powder, Instantized, Unflavored for $23.

It was recommended to me by a very good source at a local vitamin store (college grad, BBer and nutritionist) that actualy steered me away from their products.

www6.netrition.cm/optimum_bcaa_powder_instantized.html

TehProdigy

TehProdigy

Awards
  • Established
I just ordered Optimum Nutrition
BCAA 5000 Powder, Instantized, Unflavored for $23.

It was recommended to me by a very good source at a local vitamin store (college grad, BBer and nutritionist) that actualy steered me away from their products.

www6.netrition.cm/optimum_bcaa_powder_instantized.html
Well thats nice, and unusual:p

Markusrulezzz

Markusrulezzz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I actually say Modern BCAA is the worst BCAA in this planet why ? Because you know the company is up to something when they put proprietary blend on the label, and MOdern BCAA comes in a big jar, plenty of space

it could be 9.5 grams of the cheapest ingredient and .5grams of the rest...

TehProdigy

TehProdigy

Awards
  • Established
I actually say Modern BCAA is the worst BCAA in this planet why ? Because you know the company is up to something when they put proprietary blend on the label, and MOdern BCAA comes in a big jar, plenty of space

it could be 9.5 grams of the cheapest ingredient and .5grams of the rest...
Never really thought about it that way:p

middleageguy

middleageguy

Awards
Back to topic, anyone know the cheapest brand of quality BCAA's?
(AjiPure™ BCAAs by the Pound $19.99) @ (True Protein | High Quality Nutrition and Protein Supplements)
(AjiPure BCAA's 2:1:1 ratio of L-Leucine to L-Valine and L-Isoleucine)
True Protein | High Quality Nutrition and Protein Supplements

This is where I bought my bulk Amino Acids and they do have "AjiPure™" & "CreaPure" available by the pound at $prices$ that were cheaper than I could find elsewhere and I could combine them if I wanted or buy them separate, there are all kinds of flavor options. The staff quickly answered my E-mail questions and mixing and delivery was really quick.

Below is what I created for my Post-Workout-Recovery-Drink.
70 Cents Per Dose 5 Gram Scoop of both "CreaPure Creatine" & “Amino Acids” along with "Dextrose 50grams" to give an insulin spike helping optimal absorption of the Creatine.

Each of the below Custom Mix’s I dosed at 5 Gram Scoop "EACH" giving 90 doses per pound.

9999 Custom Mix + FORMULA
CreaPure by the Pound 100%
+ NATURAL Premium Orange $1/lb
+ Stevia (All-Natural Sweetener) /lb
+ CEC / PEC / Vitamin Mineral Mix / Electrolytes $2.7/lb
+ Plastic Jug w/ Free Scoop $0.75/lb
$12.94

9999 Custom Mix + FORMULA
Glutamine Peptides by the Pound 10%
Taurine by the Pound 5%
Ascorbic Acid (Vit C) by the Pound 5%
Betaine HCL by the Pound 5%
Acetyl L-Carnitine by the Pound 5%
Citrulline Malate by the Pound 5%
Glycerol Mono Stearate by the Pound 15%
Leucine 4:1:1 by the Pound 5%
Essential Amino Acids (EAA's) INSTANTIZED By the Pound 15%
AjiPure™ L-Glutamine by the Pound 10%
AjiPure™ BCAAs by the Pound 20%
+ NATURAL Premium Orange $1/lb
+ Stevia (All-Natural Sweetener) /lb
+ CEC / PEC / Vitamin Mineral Mix / Electrolytes $2.7/lb
+ Plastic Jug w/ Free Scoop $0.75/lb
$23.16

Sub-Total: $36.10
Discount: $0.00
Tax: $0.00
Shipping: $10.32
Grand Total: $46.42

I use 50grams of Dextrose, 10 lbs will give 90 doses.
I bought this at a Homebrew & Wine Supply Store
Corn Sugar/Dextrose 10lb Package Price: $15.99

That's a Grand Total $62.41 for 90 doses of everything.
(70 Cents Per Dose 5 Gram Scoop) of both "CreaPure Creatine", “Amino Acids” & "other supplements" along with "Dextrose 50grams" to give an insulin spike helping optimal absorption of the Creatine.
With the flavor I picked & (CEC / PEC / Vitamin Mineral Mix / Electrolytes )!!

FrankieG410

Awards
Hey thanks for the info, I doubt any other forum boards would go this in-depth on BCAA's like the AM boards. I know this is going to sound a bit newb like now, but do you prefer liquid amino like Amino Fuel or Powder form like many other companies?

middleageguy

middleageguy

Awards
Hey thanks for the info, I doubt any other forum boards would go this in-depth on BCAA's like the AM boards. I know this is going to sound a bit newb like now, but do you prefer liquid amino like Amino Fuel or Powder form like many other companies?
I am definitely a newb also. Never tried liquid amino like Amino Fuel. So I can’t comment on which is better, only question as you are doing.
But once you mix the powder form into water there both a liquid, right?

So what’s the advantage of liquid products, from protein’s, amino’s vs powder form?

I know I have bought liquid protein’s before and what I purchased tasted nasty straight out of the bottle taken with a spoon. Had to mix it with something.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I would just go with the powder forms. I find they taste alot better.

Purple WRAATH and Xtend are two you can't go wrong with

FrankieG410

Awards
Yea I'm probably going to head over to the GNC by me. I find it quite annoying how other supp selling companies (i.e.Vitamin Shoppe) don't even carry half the stuff GNC has

TehProdigy

TehProdigy

Awards
  • Established
Thanks again for the info:) I really need to look more into grabbing sone bcaas