protein in intra-workout

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys I understand that it is a very good to take BCAA and EAA for intra-workout but I see some of the companies have protein in there intra-workout also. I'm not talking about pepto protein. I'm talking about whey.

If I'm making my own intra-workout would it be a god idea to add whey, or any other kind, protein in it?

Thanks guys!

massolic

Awards
  • Established
I would use bcaa as it is already amino acids and digest fast into bloodstream..... Or can use 45 min prior wk or right afterwk

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Yes.

This month's MuscleMag has a good article in it about this very discussion.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes.

This month's MuscleMag has a good article in it about this very discussion.
This related to the increase in protein synthesis? Read the study, can't remember it though...

Anyway I find a pepto pro (hydrolyzed casein) to be superior to BCAA's, however, the combination may be best.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
intra workouts offer a few different things in them, usually carbs arund 10-20g for longer workouts, BCAA or EAA or peptopro.... all will do great, personally I ama leucine fan so i play more with BCAA, electrolytes to prevent cramping and increase muscle contractions, and a flavor system usually....

I have heard of many people taking Musclepharm's Recon during workout and after(sorta sipping it through the workout) and loving it.
there is a new flavor-Orange Mango that we are giving away if you enter the Facebook contest, to a few lucky winners
http://www.facebook.com/notes/muscle-pharm/orange-mango-re-con/10150164734378476

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
This related to the increase in protein synthesis? Read the study, can't remember it though...

Anyway I find a pepto pro (hydrolyzed casein) to be superior to BCAA's, however, the combination may be best.
pepto pro is the best thing out there however it is also the most expensive due to it's multiple filtration. But I wonder if things like whey could mess with your pumps same thing with carbs.

intra workouts offer a few different things in them, usually carbs arund 10-20g for longer workouts, BCAA or EAA or peptopro.... all will do great, personally I ama leucine fan so i play more with BCAA, electrolytes to prevent cramping and increase muscle contractions, and a flavor system usually....

I have heard of many people taking Musclepharm's Recon during workout and after(sorta sipping it through the workout) and loving it.
there is a new flavor-Orange Mango that we are giving away if you enter the Facebook contest, to a few lucky winners
http://www.facebook.com/notes/muscle-pharm/orange-mango-re-con/10150164734378476
Ok I truly love your products, but I can't remember if I have tried recon, and they do taste amazing. Which is great for when I'm cutting(like right now) but I do wonder if carbs could mess with the pumps. Like waxy or dextrose type of carbs. Tried vitargo...not doing that anymore.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
pepto pro is the best thing out there however it is also the most expensive due to it's multiple filtration. But I wonder if things like whey could mess with your pumps same thing with carbs.

Ok I truly love your products, but I can't remember if I have tried recon, and they do taste amazing. Which is great for when I'm cutting(like right now) but I do wonder if carbs could mess with the pumps. Like waxy or dextrose type of carbs. Tried vitargo...not doing that anymore.
why would carbs interfere at all with pumps? i have only heard of benefits with carbs pertaining to pumps, do to being hydro-philic, and insulin increasing NO production....

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
why would carbs interfere at all with pumps? i have only heard of benefits with carbs pertaining to pumps, do to being hydro-philic, and insulin increasing NO production....
Oh wait it wasn't the pumps it was GH release. Sorry! When you intake carbs your insulin spikes and apparently insulin spike prevents GH release, or well decreases it.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

But IDK if intaking protein during working would have any benefits if I'm already taking BCAA and EAA

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
well yes GH and Insuin have a inverse relationship as far as i know so yes high insulin means lower GH...

well Im a larger fan of EAA and BCAA alone as they seem to act more effectively when taken without complete whole proteins...