5 htp or valerian

1. 5 htp or valerian

Hi,

For a fear of flying, which would be better to calm the person. 5THP or Valerian or something else

2. Valerian. For more serious calming...klonopin or a beta-blocker. If this is for you, as you are in Illinois like me, check out http://www.anxietycoach.com/fear-of-flying-class.html. Even if you don't take the class, check out the free articles on the site. They are great for flying anxiety or simply general anxiety.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    Valerian. For more serious calming...klonopin or a beta-blocker. If this is for you, as you are in Illinois like me, check out http://www.anxietycoach.com/fear-of-flying-class.html. Even if you don't take the class, check out the free articles on the site. They are great for flying anxiety or simply general anxiety.

Thanks however flying out next Sunday so the class wont work

About how much Valerian?
    •   

4. Quote Originally Posted by conan1071 View Post
    Hi,

For a fear of flying, which would be better to calm the person. 5THP or Valerian or something else
    Try 1000-2000 mg of 45% Bacopa Monnieri Extract- the feel is really similar to a low dose of xanax- it will knock down any anxiety you have very quickly
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals

5. Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    Try 1000-2000 mg of 45% Bacopa Monnieri Extract- the feel is really similar to a low dose of xanax- it will knock down any anxiety you have very quickly

Can this be mixed with anything?

6. Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    Any tips on where this could be purchased?
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

7. I'll go with 3g of GABA + 1g Phenibut

8. Quote Originally Posted by conan1071 View Post
    Can this be mixed with anything?
    It does work well with 5-HTP- but this is more from a mood-boosting standpoint. As far as mixing it with other things- I really think it depends- it is an herbal, so there aren't going to be contraindications, like with pharmaceuticals. Really it comes down to trial and error and seeing what works for you, b/c everyone is different....
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci

9. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Any tips on where this could be purchased?
    We have this in a couple of our products, but not by itself. I think The Vitamin Shoppe and some other places may offer capsules of Bacopa by itself...
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci

10. Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    We have this in a couple of our products, but not by itself. I think The Vitamin Shoppe and some other places may offer capsules of Bacopa by itself...
    Thanks Dirk

11. 1g of valarian root really helps calm me down before bed.

Mike

12. Quote Originally Posted by JoeHT View Post
    I'll go with 3g of GABA + 1g Phenibut
    Sounds like a party!

13. Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    1g of valarian root really helps calm me down before bed.

Mike
    ^^^^^

i use valerian + melatonin combo at night..........valerian to calm me down, melatonin to knock me out
    iForce Nutrition Online Representative Manager
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominateÖiForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com

14. a party i don't wanna be at

Similar Forum Threads

1. Valerian
    By nynone in forum Supplements
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-02-2010, 11:56 PM
  2. Check out this about Valerian root!
    By MentalTwitch in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3