No Energy

NoSwtTea4U

Board Supporter
Awards
Ok, over the last 6 weeks, I've lost like 14.5 lbs, granted maybe a little too much but it isn't the point of this thread. :) It's just I have NO energy now, I work at a GNC and I have to stand for 6-8 hrs, I mean, it's not hard work, but I get so encredibly tired I find myself drinking 2-3 Adrenalyn Stacks and Energy-Techs just to keep awake. My sugar intake is very low, 90% comes after I workout or hiit. I know when I have sugar occasionally my energy is through the rough, but I don't want to consume a lot of sugar, but is there anything I can take to kind of pep me up and keep me alert?

cr4ytonic

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Try some caff. & ephedrine Hcl (25mg and 200mg 2x daily)

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I don't quite understand why you're tired. The most obvious question is how much sleep are you getting? What is your diet like? If you've been doing the same thing for 6 weeks, take a little break to get things together. Either way, you should never feel poorly when dieting. Doctors tell people to lose weight everybody so they'll have MORE energy.

IMO its not a good idea to start taking Ephedra every time you get tired. You're not really solving the problem of why you have no energy..Plus, you can and will grow a tolerance for it (I have before).

NoSwtTea4U

Board Supporter
Awards
I don't quite understand why you're tired. The most obvious question is how much sleep are you getting? What is your diet like? If you've been doing the same thing for 6 weeks, take a little break to get things together. Either way, you should never feel poorly when dieting. Doctors tell people to lose weight everybody so they'll have MORE energy.

IMO its not a good idea to start taking Ephedra every time you get tired. You're not really solving the problem of why you have no energy..Plus, you can and will grow a tolerance for it (I have before).
I don't have a set diet, but I generally eat well. I can't eat the same stuff everyday, but my training is Mon, Wed, Fri, for an hr to 1.5 hr, then i do hiit(edit: at night), 2 mins warmup, 16min hiit, then 2 mins cooldown Mon, Tues, Thur, Fri, and I have Saturday and Sunday off. I sleep 8 hours evernight, occasionally 7, but on days I dont work I normally sleep about 9-10. Breakfast is a set meal everyday though, Total Protein with Fat Free Carb Countdown milk. I typically eat almonds with that. On another note, whenever I eat almonds, my endurance during running and lifting is about 2X that of my normal self. But my other meals are whatever I fix, but I don't consume a whole lot of carbs.

cr4ytonic

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It could be the constant low carbs, you might want to add a re-feed every couple of days to restore your glycogen levels. Make sure you are getting your vitamins too, adding a b-complex to your normal multi can't hurt.

Dan

Awards
Sounds like you are eating more protein than anything else, which can make you tired. Protein is very thermogenic, and costs your body more calories to digest than fat or carbs. If you don't want to eat more carbs, try eating more fats. This is probably why eating almonds gives you more energy, because they are high in easily metabolised fats.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Also, with your breakfast..you say you're having a protein shake with basically fat-free, carb free milk. You're body likes burning sugars (glucose). If you don't have any carbs in your system, it goes to fat, and if you're not eating any fat, guess what it goes to?? Muscle! The process is called gluconeogenesis (gluco=sugar, neo=new, genesis=to make) and it is very common in today's world of dieting.

Basically what I'm saying is you should go with a 40p/40c/20f (or something close) breakdown OR read up on carb timing (the jury is still out). The worst thing in the world is when people don't understand fat and carbs, but they know "protein is good", so they eat ALL protein.