ThER6KinG

Awards
  • Established
Both are great but I like Meso more

Turbo6GN

Turbo6GN

Awards
Assault

One scoop of Assault is enough to get me going, good taste, etc...

I upped it to 1.5 scoops two days ago and it was just great. I noticed a lot more focus rather then just the stim effect. Good product.

blackscorp

Awards
The only ones voting for Assault are the ones who haven't tried to new MesoMorph. Its the truth lol

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haven't had Assault....can't imagine it'd be better than Meso...find it funny-odd though that a serving size of Assault is '1/2 scoop'...why wouldn't they just make the scoop smaller to accomodate the serving size of the powder...? they want me to overfill the scoop and have less servings to buy more sooner? Bahstads!! <SLLLLAAAAP!!>

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The only ones voting for Assault are the ones who haven't tried to new MesoMorph. Its the truth lol
not true, some ppl stay away from 1-3 dimeth products...or want a boost in the gym but not fans of over stim'd products

hoopem6

Awards
  • Established
Quick question: At NutraPlanet.com, I noticed that Mesomorph's product highlights state that there is "over 4000 mg of beta alanine and over 5000 mg of citrulline malate in each serving!" Now, how exactly is that possible when the proprietary complex is only 6,500 mg?

Anyways, it ultimately depends on what you are looking for, R1. Mesomorph is more of a stimulant-based pre-workout, while Assault is more of a focus-based formula... One scoop/serving of Mesomorph only contains 750 mg of Creatine Nitrate; which, in my experiences, leaves much to be desired in terms of "pumps." Also, the new Green Apple flavor of Assault is currently $15 cheaper than Mesomorph. So, I'd ultimately go with whichever product your finances permit.

drooks10

drooks10

Awards
  • Established
Haven't tried Mesomorph yet, but I'm gonna pick some up and compare it to Assault, which I thought was pretty good.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ya i won that meso contest a few weeks ago so my tub should be here soon and i have three tubs of assault so im gonna do a little compare/contrast pretty soon

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Quick question: At NutraPlanet.com, I noticed that Mesomorph's product highlights state that there is "over 4000 mg of beta alanine and over 5000 mg of citrulline malate in each serving!" Now, how exactly is that possible when the proprietary complex is only 6,500 mg?

Anyways, it ultimately depends on what you are looking for, R1. Mesomorph is more of a stimulant-based pre-workout, while Assault is more of a focus-based formula... One scoop/serving of Mesomorph only contains 750 mg of Creatine Nitrate; which, in my experiences, leaves much to be desired in terms of "pumps." Also, the new Green Apple flavor of Assault is currently $15 cheaper than Mesomorph. So, I'd ultimately go with whichever product your finances permit.

ive tried both, i was jw what people on AM like best

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hoopem6;2843326]Quick question: At NutraPlanet.com, I noticed that Mesomorph's product highlights state that there is "over 4000 mg of beta alanine and over 5000 mg of citrulline malate in each serving!" Now, how exactly is that possible when the proprietary complex is only 6,500 mg?

This product highlight is the one we used for our old formula, I'm trying to get Nutra to delete it. There is still 4g of BA per scoop.

Unless you don't like 1'3 dime, I couldn't agree more, once you try Meso you will know it's the best pre-workout, and thats the truth.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
I've used most of the preworkout supps on the market, although I havn't tried Mesomorph yet. Assault is working so well that I gave all my other preworkout supps to my son-in-low. I perfer focus/pump based preworkout supps since I workout late at night and high stem products make it difficult to sleep. Omega's Ulitma is great for focus but doesn't provide much of a pump effect.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I've used most of the preworkout supps on the market, although I havn't tried Mesomorph yet. Assault is working so well that I gave all my other preworkout supps to my son-in-low. I perfer focus/pump based preworkout supps since I workout late at night and high stem products make it difficult to sleep. Omega's Ulitma is great for focus but doesn't provide much of a pump effect.
stick to assault then....i would not take mesomorph close to bedtime.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For me, nothing comes close to touching Assault. In all fairness though, I have not used Mesomorph - even though there is a tub in the cupboard, and not, I am not even tempted. Having said that, Mesomorph contains Geranium, and Assault does not, and when I am using Assault, I do not have to be "stimmed out of my mind" to be functional during the day (whose who know me know my history of abusing stims) - I do not ever want to be dependent upon stimulants again (even a day of using them is dangerous for me), and as long as Assault works for me in this regard (see my Review of Assault to see what I am talking about), I will never even look at another preworkout product, period!

~Rosie~

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
stick to assault then....i would not take mesomorph close to bedtime.
Ya for some the 1'3 dime will keep people up, but I'm sure assault has just as much caffeine as meso(200mg)

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
Meso is king, 18g of maltodextrin per scoop will keep me from using assault. I find the 1,3 in meso not to be overpowering like some other products containing it.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I crash hard after a couple of hours... is that normal?
Off 1'3 dime some people do get a crash, but so far everyone who has given a feedback on Mesomorph, no one has reported any crash.

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
I was looking for a new Pre-work becsue Assault was my 1# product then came APS meso I love it but the 1 3 dimethylamylamine was not for me....

I have tried many other pre work but I keep coming back to Assault...

I am still ;ooking

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
having tried both i can give a full opinion on them....

I do feel a lot more of a beta alanine tingle from assault +1 assault
the 1,3 dimethylamine is too strong for me and was a vaso constricter which my girlfriend did not appreciate at all, +1 assault

flavors were both pretty damn good its a tie

the overall package especially with the newest assault having BCAA has the edge, beign that it uses enough beta alanine citrulline malate and creatine to get a full dose, at a full scoop serving the edge goes to assault,

although the pumps were pretty good on mesomorph

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I believe Meso has the same amount of BA as assault...4g

I've used both and honestly can't believe people are comparing the two unless you don't like 1'3 dime...

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
Assault

.76 Lbs. Blue Arctic Raspberry
Supplement Facts
Serving Size1/2Scoop(20g)
Servings Per Container40

Amount Per Serving % DV†

Calories 40
Total Carbohydrates 9g 3%
Sugars 0g *

Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine HCL) 13mg 625%
Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) 70mcg 1,167%
Calcium (From Phosphate And Silicate) 100mg 10%
Phosphorus (Phosphate) 40mg 4%
Sodium 30mg 1%
Potassium 55mg 2%

Assault Proprietary Blend 20,000mg **

Muscle Explosion NO Matrix
Beta-Alanine, L-Arginine Blend (L-Arginine AKG 2:1, Di Arginine Malate, L-Arginine HCL), Citrulline Malate, Glycine, Suma Root Extract

Strength Domination & Recovery Matrix
Creapure (Creatine Monohydrate), CON-CRET Creatine HCL (100% Concentrated Creatine), L-Glutamine

Mind Connection Matrix
Taurine, Pyroglutamic Acid, L-Tyrosine, Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT), Papain 1000, Caffeine, L-Aspartic Acid, Pyridoxine HCL, Cyanocobalamin

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** No Daily Value Established.

Other Ingredients:
Glucose Polymers, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Calcium Silicate, Citric Acid, Salt, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Calcium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, FD&C Blue #1.

Mesomorph Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1 Rounded Scoop
Servings per Container: 25

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
SYNTHENOX-CARNOSINE/NITRIC OXIDE SYNTHESIZING COMPLEX:

Beta Alanine, L-Citruline DL-Malate 2:1, Arginine AKG, Icariin (50%)
6,500 mg **
MESOSWELL-CELL VOLUMIZING ATP MATRIX:

Di-creatine Malate, Creatine Nitrate, L-Taurine, Creatinol-O-Phosphate, Agmatine Sulfate
4,500 mg **
NEUROMORPH-NEURO ENERGIZED STIMULANT MATRIX:

Glucoronolactone, Thiamizine (Thiamine Disulfide Butyrate Ester), Methylxanthine Anhydrous (Caffeine), 3 7-Dihydro-3,7-Dimethyl-1H-Purine-2,6-Dione (Theobromine), Naringenin, 1,3 dimethylamylamine Extract)
1,870 mg

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Meso is king, 18g of maltodextrin per scoop will keep me from using assault. I find the 1,3 in meso not to be overpowering like some other products containing it.
18G of maltodextrin per scoop?! NO thanks.

Meso is AMAZING and I did not find the 1,3 to be too strong. On the other hand Muscle Marinade had me cracked out for hours after my workout.

I have not tried assault so I will not vote but I would recommend MESO to anyone not sensitive to 1,3 dimeth.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
strange that I did not always feel a tingle on the mesomorph with 4g beta alanine....

but not bashing it at all the 1,3 was just not friendly to me....

i dont mind the 18g carbs in assault as I am not alow carber, it actualyl makes me use less carbs pre workout, so i see it as 2 birds 1 stone kinda...

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
strange that I did not always feel a tingle on the mesomorph with 4g beta alanine....

but not bashing it at all the 1,3 was just not friendly to me....

i dont mind the 18g carbs in assault as I am not alow carber, it actualyl makes me use less carbs pre workout, so i see it as 2 birds 1 stone kinda...
Fair enough. However, using carbs immediately pre-workout depletes glycogen stores faster. So depending on what type of workout and length this may or may not be a factor.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
do you have the research on how adding carbohydrates will actually cause glycogen stores to be depleted faster...

and my workouts are roughly 16sets completed in 45min or less so im fast paced for sure

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well if anybody has a sample of Assault they want to send me I will compare the two. I personally really like Mesomorph.

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
do you have the research on how adding carbohydrates will actually cause glycogen stores to be depleted faster...

and my workouts are roughly 16sets completed in 45min or less so im fast paced for sure
Sure, let me do some digging and I'll post them at some point today. However, considering your situation, carbs pre-workout would be beneficial. They would allow you to utilize glycogen faster and you would be stopping your workout right before being depleted. However, if you increased your workout length you would have a slight performance crash once you became depleted.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ya for some the 1'3 dime will keep people up, but I'm sure assault has just as much caffeine as meso(200mg)
Assault has 150mg of caffeine per scoop. A SERVING is HALF a scoop.

I crash hard after a couple of hours... is that normal?
Some people crash and others do not - I personally never have after using Geranium (then again, I don't crash after using anything, unless I come OFF them), but know of many who do and do not like it.

I was looking for a new Pre-work becsue Assault was my 1# product then came APS meso I love it but the 1 3 dimethylamylamine was not for me....

I have tried many other pre work but I keep coming back to Assault...

I am still ;ooking
After using Assault, I've never looked back and won't consider anything else now!

Well if anybody has a sample of Assault they want to send me I will compare the two. I personally really like Mesomorph.
I'm sure if you contact MusclePharm, they may have samples for you to get, or direct you to where you might find one.

~Rosie~

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You can read my log of APS a while back. I've tried both assault and Jack3d and although both at first gave me a some energy, nothing and I mean nothing for me has ever worked like Mesomorph. Hands down to date the best pre-workout supp ever. It is unreal to stack it with creatine nitrate too. As I said before it was like you had a personal trainer there to slap you around til you couldn't see straight. IMO Meso is def Top Dog.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I haven't tried meso yet so I can't speak on it and will refrane from voting until I try it someday. But I will say I absolutely love assault it ranks up with my all time favorites. Assault,ultima,anadrualic state and lit up. Rag is pretty good too but the other ones are in another league. I would like to give Wyked a try too as It looks like an awesome product and it's backed by a really great company and owner. But I have so many preworkouts right now that I can't justify buying another at the moment.

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established

I'm with you. I've never tried assault but Meso is one of my top preworkouts. I've tried quite a few. I'd be glad to try Assault though if anyone wants to hand some out. I love to try new things. LOL

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
meso>assault from experience

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm with you. I've never tried assault but Meso is one of my top preworkouts. I've tried quite a few. I'd be glad to try Assault though if anyone wants to hand some out. I love to try new things. LOL
yeah i've tried meso before....but i'll try assault and review it if you'd like

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Assault has 150mg of caffeine per scoop. A SERVING is HALF a scoop.

~Rosie~

So it's only 50mg difference and Meso has 200mg in a rounded scoop, most people only take a level scoop, so pretty close to the same amount of caffeine.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i agree, i don't think the 1,3 is what powers meso. i think the thiamizine plays a bigger role than the 1,3.

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
Meso ALLLLLLLLLL the way!!!!! I'll leave a review as soon as I find the time to write one. Assault tasted great but didn't do anything for me :( but I still got much love for MP!

Orangatang

Orangatang

Awards
  • Established
I have tried many pre workouts in search of the best. Mesomorph is clearly in a class much, much above the others. There simply is no comparison between meso and other pwo's. Alpha-male power, agression, explosiveness, focus and drive. Biggest pump one can possible have, seemingly skin tearing. Meso is king, and will probably never be dethrowned, unless they can make it taste better.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bump say it again Brother!!!! Awesome pumps

I have tried many pre workouts in search of the best. Mesomorph is clearly in a class much, much above the others. There simply is no comparison between meso and other pwo's. Alpha-male power, agression, explosiveness, focus and drive. Biggest pump one can possible have, seemingly skin tearing. Meso is king, and will probably never be dethrowned, unless they can make it taste better.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Amen!

imjuschillin

Awards
How does Meso compare (effect wise) compared to say 1MR or Jacked, 2 other pre-workouts containing 1,3 - dim?

hoopem6

Awards
  • Established
How many scoops/servings of Mesomorph were you using to achieve these skin tearing pumps?

james122

james122

Awards
  • Established
I have not tried assualt, but I have tried everything else . . . .there is nothing like mesomorph in my opinion.

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
Used both, Meso wins easily.

Im no fan of 1,3d...hell, I've advised people to not use it at all on more than one occasion, but I wanted to see what this mesomorph was all about, and I was pleasantly surprised to find out that 1,3d can't be dosed too high based on my feelings on the product.

The 1,3d 'feeling' on this, is NOTHING close to 2 scoops of Jack3d, probably not even one. I just got a locked in feeling from the stim combo, no bad effects. Actually, compared to jack3d / Maximize / Hemorage / even White Flood, it feels a little less "stim heavy".

Arms felt like granite after doing back...the CN / Agmatine combo does the trick.

Assault basically gave me no energy increase, might as well just have used bulk creatine.

Orangatang

Orangatang

Awards
  • Established
How many scoops/servings of Mesomorph were you using to achieve these skin tearing pumps?
I drop a scoop and a half and 4 caps of Creatine nitrate broke into my pre workout.

JerseyDrew77

JerseyDrew77

Awards
So which flavor of Meso does everybody like the best?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 18
Supplements 7
u_e_s_i Supplements 5
Supplements 31
Supplements 0