Resveratrol and its effect on anabolic hormones
- 04-20-2011, 11:32 PM
Resveratrol and its effect on anabolic hormones
I've read conflicting studies that state Resveratrol increases / decreases androgens and also that it reducesand HGH levels..
I'm interested in supplementing this in my regimen for the numerous health benefits as well as being a natural AI, but I'm weary of it messing around with the anabolic workout response.
Can anyone shed some light on this?
- 04-21-2011, 12:26 AM
Here are a bunch of references from our Sustain Alpha product (Resveratrol + Benzoflavone). I haven't been through them all but figured you may want to comb them for info.
1. Resveratrol in Cardioprotection: A Therapeutic Promise of Alternative Medicine
Dipak K. Das et al.
Mol. Interv., Feb 2006; 6: 36 - 47.
2. The Red Wine Polyphenol Resveratrol Displays Bilevel Inhibition on Aromatase in Breast Cancer Cells
Yun Wang, et al.
Toxicol. Sci., Jul 2006; 92: 71 - 77.
3. trans-Resveratrol, a Natural Antioxidant from Grapes, Increases Sperm Output in Healthy Rats M. Emília Juan, et al.
J. Nutr., Apr 2005; 135: 757 – 760
4. trans-Resveratrol relaxes the corpus cavernosum ex vivo and enhances testosterone levels and sperm quality in vivo.
S Shin, et al.
Arch Pharm Res, Jan 2008; 31(1): 83-7.
5. Inhibition of human estrogen synthetase (aromatase) by flavones
JT Kellis, Jr et al.
Science, Sep 1984; 225: 1032 - 1034.
6. Drug/substance reversal effects of a novel trisubstituted benzoflavone moiety (BZF) isolated from Passiflora incarnata Linn. —a brief perspective
KAMALDEEP DHAWAN et al.
Addiction Biology (December 2003) 8, 379 – 386
7. Prevention of chronic alcohol and nicotine-induced azospermia, sterility and decreased libido, by a novel tri-substituted benzoflavone moiety from Passiflora incarnata Linneaus in healthy male rats.
K Dhawan and et al.
Life Sci, 2002; 71(26): 3059-69.
8. Molecular basis of the inhibition of human aromatase (estrogen synthetase) by flavone and isoflavone phytoestrogens: A site-directed mutagenesis study.
Kao YC, et al.
Environ Health Perspect 1998;106:85-92
9. Vasorelaxant and antioxidant activity of flavonols and flavones: structure-activity relationships.
OL Woodman, WF Meeker, and M Boujaoude
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol, Sep 2005; 46(3): 302-9.
10. Die Bedeutung der Passionsblume in der Heilkunde.
Lutomski J et al.
Pharmazie in unserer Zeit 1981;10:45-49.
11. The Honest Herbal: A Sensible Guide to the Use of Herbs and Related Remedies.
Tyler VE et al.
Pharmaceutical Products Press, New York, 1993.
12. Aphrodisiac activity of methanol extract of leaves of Passiflora incarnata Linn in mice.
K Dhawan, et al.
Phytother Res, Apr 2003; 17(4): 401-3.
13. Preoperative Oral Passiflora Incarnata Reduces Anxiety in Ambulatory Surgery Patients: A Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study
Ali Movafegh, et al.
Anesth. Analg., Jun 2008; 106: 1728 - 1732.
14. Essential oils are novel human skin penetration enhancers.
Williams A, et al.
Int J Pharmaceuticals 57:R7–R9, 1989
15. Allyl-containing sulfides in garlic increase uncoupling protein content in brown adipose tissue, and noradrenaline and secretion in rats.
Oi, Y. et al
J. Nutr. 129: 336–342. (1999)
16. Garlic Supplementation Increases Testicular Testosterone and Decreases Plasma Corticosterone in Rats Fed a High Protein Diet
Yuriko Oi, et al.
J. Nutr., Aug 2001; 131: 2150 - 2156.
17. Corticosterone Can Act at the Posterior Paraventricular Thalamus to Inhibit Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Adrenal Activity in Animals that Habituate to Repeated Stress
Azra Jaferi et al.
Endocrinology, Oct 2006; 147: 4917 - 4930
18. Study of the effect of sclareol glycol diterpene on the release of adenohypophysial hormones prolactin, somatotropin and adenocorticotrophic hormone
Georgieva et al.
Eksp Med Morfol. 1989;28(3):7-14. Bulgarian.
19. Study of the effect of sclareol glycol diterpene on the 3',5'-AMP level
Georgieva et al.
Eksp Med Morfol. 1989;28(3):1-7. Bulgarian.
20. Understanding True Aromatherapy: Understanding Essential Oils
Eileen D, et al.
Home Health Care Management Practice, Oct 2004; 16: 474 - 479.
21. Neuroactive flavonoids interacting with GABAA receptor complex.
F Wang, M Shing, Y Huen, SY Tsang, and H Xue
Curr Drug Targets CNS Neurol Disord, Oct 2005; 4(5): 575-85.
22. Passiflora: a review update.
Dhawan K, Dhawan S, Sharma A.
J Ethnopharmacol. 2004 Sep;94(1):1-23. Review.
23. A gamma-aminobutyric acidB agonist reverses the negative feedback effect of testosterone on gonadotropin-releasing hormone and luteinizing hormone secretion in the male sheep.
Endocrinology. 2000 Nov;141(11):3940-5.
24. Modulation of rabbit and human hepatic cytochrome P-450-catalyzed steroid hydroxylations by alpha-naphthoflavone
GE Schwab, JL Raucy and EF Johnson
Volume 33, Issue 5, pp. 493-499, 05/01/1988
25. Regioselective 2-hydroxylation of 17beta-estradiol by rat cytochrome P4501B1.
M Rahman, C Hayes Sutter, GL Emmert, and TR Sutter
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol, November 1, 2006; 216(3): 469-78.BODY PERFORMANCE SOLUTIONS REP
Sustain Alpha is back!
04-21-2011, 01:56 AM
04-21-2011, 07:31 PM
04-21-2011, 08:03 PM
from a write up
Let’s start with its fat loss properties. Trans Res is an SIRT1 agonist and this can help greatly with fat loss. “In addition, SIRT1 repressed PPAR-gamma, and overexpression of SIRT1 attenuated adipogenesis, and upregulation of SIRT in differentiated fat cells triggered lipolysis and loss of fat, events that are known to attenuate insulin resistance and prolong life span.(11)”.
Trans resveratol has been shown to increase sperm count in men, as well as having a positive effect on the HPGA (testosterone increase). While it increases LH and FSH it doesn’t impair the quality of the sperm. “The repeated oral administration of trans-resveratrol induced a 71% decrease in the mean diameter of the seminiferous tubules with a 100% increase in the testicular tubular density. Together, these changes led to an overall increase in the size of the spermatogenic tissue. Therefore, this enlargement may explain the increase in sperm production observed. It is noteworthy that sperm collected from the epididymis had matured properly because the morphological examination revealed the same percentage of abnormalities between groups.” This same study also revealed that a possible reason for this is its mixed ER agonist/antagonist properties regulating the feedback mechanism in the hypothalamus. And why not protect your prostate at the same time? This amazing compound also shows androgen receptor antagonism in the prostate! What more can a guy want? Increase in testosterone, blocking estrogen receptors, blocking androgen action in the prostate(1). All this just from one supplement? The crazy thing is there is more. This Novel supplement is a great antioxidant and can be used for longevity purposes and cardiovascular health. Studies show that it can increase the life span of specific organisms. And as an antioxidant it protects the body of free radicals. These free radicals damage cells in the body. Trans Resveratrol seems to do these actions by SIRT1 activities (agonist). But one of the problems is its not found in food and it seems to have a poor bioavailability (2, 3).
1) trans-Resveratrol, a Natural Antioxidant from Grapes, Increases Sperm Output in Healthy Rats1 M. Emília Juan, Eulalia González-Pons, Thais Munuera, Joan Ballester*, Joan E. Rodríguez-Gil* and Joana M. Planas2
Departament de Fisiologia, Facultat de Farmàcia, Universitat de Barcelona, E-08028 Barcelona, Spain and * Unit of Reproducció Animal, Department of Medicina i Cirurgia Animal, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Bellaterra, Spain
2) Resveratrol and novel potent activators of SIRT1: effects on aging and age-related diseases
Mitchell D Knutson 1 and Christiaan Leeuwenburgh 2
1 Food Science and Human Nutrition Department, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, USA.
2 Department of Aging and Geriatrics, College of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, USA.
3) HIGH ABSORPTION BUT VERY LOW BIOAVAILABILITY OF ORAL RESVERATROL IN HUMANS
The Most Versitile Supplement
04-22-2011, 06:58 AM
04-22-2011, 12:18 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By MakaveliThaDon in forum SupplementsReplies: 28Last Post: 05-10-2012, 02:56 PM
- By atlninja82 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 14Last Post: 04-20-2010, 02:31 PM
- By WORKOUT COACH in forum Weight LossReplies: 0Last Post: 04-08-2010, 08:13 AM
- By Ubiyca in forum SupplementsReplies: 4Last Post: 06-11-2009, 11:21 PM