Seriously Gyno from Trib & Saw Palmetto Need Help Please!!!

Deadlifter5

Deadlifter5

Awards
Hey guys,

I'm new here and I'm in almost the exact same situation as Juicy J (tried to post a link to his thread but it didn't allow me ?). I took Trib and Saw Palmetto for 20 days. After 2 weeks I noticed Puffy nipples/gyno (don't ask why I didn't stop then). That was back in March (5-24th), I started with 1g of trib for the first 7-10 days and then went to 2g for the remainder, the saw palmetto stayed at 700mg throughout. Also started taking ZMA for sleep and had my antibiotic (since Nov.) but thats irrelevant.

March was a really weird month, everything seemed to happen that month TONS of stress (since late Feb.), started drinking coffee to help my training/stay awake in school, switched training methods at the end of February- the new one has more frequency so more hormones??, also started bulking HARD- was eating 5000 calorie dinners and tons of junk (dirty bulk), also started drinking in January (didn't drink for 2 years since I started working out) and was drinking in March quite a lot due to stress and some celebrations too, and finally I tried smoking (cigs) on 2 occasions for the first times in my life. So yea this probably compounded what the trib & sawP was doing to me.

Anyway I'm just wondering what I should do now, I've stopped taking trib & saw and stopped doing all that other stupid ****. It's been 3 and a half weeks without any noticeable improvement of my chest, should I just wait for the puffiness to disappear and try to cut? or ask my doc for an anti-estrogen/letro? or will I need surgery? I'm pretty nervous on the idea of taking anti-estrogens let alone surgery. Maybe it will go away on its own?

Additional Info:
- I gained about 15 lbs during the time I was taking trib/bulking since then I've only lost 5 back. I don't really notice any improvement in appearance.
-I'm getting my blood test on Monday- they're testing testosterone, estrogen, and prolactin (asked for progesterone but they gave me prolactin instead).
-Never really had gyno, just some very MINOR puffiness since puberty which was hardly noticeable and wasn't enough to make me embarrassed even at the beach. Now with this I've even stopped wearing some T-shirts and Polos, and try to keep my hoodie on as much as possible :grumpy:
- I've never used any Pro-hormones or steroids in my life or had puffiness/gyno or gyno surgery before.

Thanks for your help!!!

PS If Juicy J is reading this, how is your situation now?

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
not clear why you would want to put saw palmetto and tribulus together.and for trib to work to the extent that it has for you ie 15 ilbs but reading into your post , i suggest that the gain was from calories from alcohol and not the tribulus Alcohol also encourages "estrogen. Whilest the liver is working hard to detoxify the body , it is not clearing estrogen .

Have you gained fat around the waist ?
it looks like to me that the excess calories from food and drink have been more than required and your puffyness is accumalation of fat from over indulging

Deadlifter5

Deadlifter5

Awards
not clear why you would want to put saw palmetto and tribulus together.and for trib to work to the extent that it has for you ie 15 ilbs but reading into your post , i suggest that the gain was from calories from alcohol and not the tribulus Alcohol also encourages "estrogen. Whilest the liver is working hard to detoxify the body , it is not clearing estrogen .

Have you gained fat around the waist ?
it looks like to me that the excess calories from food and drink have been more than required and your puffyness is accumalation of fat from over indulging
Yea I didn't even know it was a bad combo till now, I should have done more research. Also didn't even know alcohol impairs your ability to get rid of estrogen. I stopped doing both now.

I gained some fat in the waist and some in chest, but because of the the puffyness it's the chest that really looks bad, not my waist.

I'm wondering what I should do right now? I hear there's some kind of window of time to get rid of this thing.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Could just be estrogenic chest fat. I highly, highly, highly doubt that it is gyno from trib and saw palmetto.

Deadlifter5

Deadlifter5

Awards
Could just be estrogenic chest fat. I highly, highly, highly doubt that it is gyno from trib and saw palmetto.
But even so, what should I do to get rid off it? cut? take an anti-estrogen?
Is that kind of fat hard to get rid of?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's just extra fat. Don't be so gluttonous and it'll go away.

Deadlifter5

Deadlifter5

Awards
It's just extra fat. Don't be so gluttonous and it'll go away.
The thing that leads me to believe it is not just fat is the puffiness of the nipples. I've gained weight many times before with practically no change in nipple appearance but now there is a huge difference. I want to believe its just fat and I can loose it but something tells me its more serious than that.

I'm trying to cut now btw, I'll update you guys when I get down to my old weight (205). And I should get my blood test back Wednesday or Thursday so we'll see where my estrogen is at.

This really sucks balls.

PS There's no estrogen-like compounds in those phytoberry antioxidant powders are there?

blackscorp

Awards
Puffy nipples does NOT = gyno. It can be anything! Bloat, fat, anything. If you have a lump under the nipple that = gyno. You probably gained a good amount of weight which can add some extra fat around ur nips lol

Deadlifter5

Deadlifter5

Awards
Puffy nipples does NOT = gyno. It can be anything! Bloat, fat, anything. If you have a lump under the nipple that = gyno. You probably gained a good amount of weight which can add some extra fat around ur nips lol
I really, really hope you're right.

broons

Awards
  • Established
everytime someone claims trib gave them Gyno, a puppy dies. Please don't kill puppies.....

trib didn't give u puffy nipples. Drinking "quite a bit", gaining 15 lbs in 20 days of Im guessing mostly fat from a "dirty bulk" eating lots of junk are probably what is gave you puffy nipples and probably a little manboob.

Deadlifter5

Deadlifter5

Awards
Just got my blood test today, apparently they're also checking my thyroid. I should get the results in a couple days.

Today's my biggest fat loss day :) I'm going to hit it hard!

blackscorp

Awards
I am buddy. Take your hand place ur fingers on ur nipple. Rub around in a circular motion. If you feel a noticable bump, then yes you have gyno. If you feel nothing you are fine.

Sometimes you can get gyno from puberty.

Deadlifter5

Deadlifter5

Awards
I am buddy. Take your hand place ur fingers on ur nipple. Rub around in a circular motion. If you feel a noticable bump, then yes you have gyno. If you feel nothing you are fine.

Sometimes you can get gyno from puberty.
Well I'm no doctor, but I don't feel a bump. Still puffy nipples or whatever is annoying and looks like ****. Can't wait to squat tomorrow and burn some more fat, BW is @ 212 now we'll see how this goes.

Thanks for the help! I'll update when I can.

IronFanatic

Awards
don't forget to do the nipple circular twist-ala rashad evans.

sking6464

sking6464

Awards
  • Established
wow

krebz

Awards
As if tribulus had any other effect than libido booster

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
It appears you got a case of man boobs from the weight you gained. Some guys are unfortunate when they gain some excess weight they gain it in their chest and middle. Instead of mostly in the middle. You may be one of those guys. It's not the trib and saw. Here's my advice, just lose the weight you gained and things should go back to normal.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
the anti-biotic you took coulda played a part.... cipro jumps to mind ...

rayactr2k6

rayactr2k6

Awards
Dude I'm pretty sure it wasn't the tribulus. I don't think that stuff really works all that well, and definately not enough to give you b*tch t*ts.

You said you were stressed for awhile. Stress can affect your hormones, mainly cortisol, which will make you store more fat.

Everyone else on here is most likely right, its probly your diet and need for more cardio. If that doesn't help, you could try a SERM or an aromatase inhibitor. I dunno how well those work at reversing gyno, but they'll certainly prevent any more.

Deadlifter5

Deadlifter5

Awards
Dude I'm pretty sure it wasn't the tribulus. I don't think that stuff really works all that well, and definately not enough to give you b*tch t*ts.

You said you were stressed for awhile. Stress can affect your hormones, mainly cortisol, which will make you store more fat.

Everyone else on here is most likely right, its probly your diet and need for more cardio. If that doesn't help, you could try a SERM or an aromatase inhibitor. I dunno how well those work at reversing gyno, but they'll certainly prevent any more.
If my hormone imbalance sorts itself out (with or without anti-estrogens) will my chest go back to the way it was? or did I just royally **** up?

Markusrulezzz

Markusrulezzz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
wait is this a joke thread or are we for real ? lol gyno from tribulus, nice I'll make that joke in the gym tomorrow, hey guys I got gyno from Tribulus

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
If my hormone imbalance sorts itself out (with or without anti-estrogens) will my chest go back to the way it was? or did I just royally **** up?
i think yoour getting paranoid -youve probably had fat accumalation around the nipple for some time as a result of your excessive drinking and eating.

you start taking trib and saw palmetto , probably abit anxious wondering how your body will respond to them , then one dayyou wake up and suddenly notice you look as though you have man boobs .You associate that with the supps your taking and all hell breaks loose, when really youve had them all the time .-just my take on things.

sking6464

sking6464

Awards
  • Established
^^^^solid take

johnny666x

Awards
Take your hand place ur fingers on ur nipple. Rub around in a circular motion. If you feel a noticable bump, then yes you have gyno. .
CRAP! I think I have gyno! I did as you said....and I felt a noticeable bump... IN MY PANTS! woo-haa LOL

Just kidding

I think it's pretty safe to say that the Trib didn't cause "gyno". I have been taking 1-2g/ day for the past 2 weeks (for libido, NOT working out) and as expected, I saw no change in my physique.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have puffy nipples for the most part. Except when I'm at a low BF%.
It's just my stupid body wanting to store fat under my nips :rant:

//CC

Deadlifter5

Deadlifter5

Awards
UPDATE - I just received my test results:

Testosterone: 19.0
Estradiol: <100
Prolactin: 6? I think

Thyroid was normal, liver was borderline so they gave me another test.

The doc said my test, estradiol, and prolactin are all "normal" but then again my doc isn't a competitive powerlifter, what does this really mean? and more importantly, what does it mean for my chest situation?

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
It means your normal son! Maybe not mentally but physically your fine. You've already been told what to do and don't go taking any anti-estrogens thinking it will solve your issues either.

Markusrulezzz

Markusrulezzz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hey guys, I got a quick question

I got gyno from creatine, what should I do ? Should I take nolva 100 100 50 50 ?

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
hey guys, I got a quick question

I got gyno from creatine, what should I do ? Should I take nolva 100 100 50 50 ?
take it easy troll..

tribulus can cause elevated estrogen.. this isnt the first time ive seen something like this...

but that wouldnt be my guess as to what the issue is... id be more concerned about the antibiotic he was taking as they can also cause gyno

Markusrulezzz

Markusrulezzz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
take it easy troll..

tribulus can cause elevated estrogen.. this isnt the first time ive seen something like this...

but that wouldnt be my guess as to what the issue is... id be more concerned about the antibiotic he was taking as they can also cause gyno
Yea but im sure his is not gyno lol ! puffy nipples don't mean ****, and even a very small lump doesn't mean anything.:rasp:

unless there is a lump and nipple itches and hurts when you touch

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yea but im sure his is not gyno lol ! puffy nipples don't mean ****, and even a very small lump doesn't mean anything.:rasp:

unless there is a lump and nipple itches and hurts when you touch
Brought you to by Markusrulezzzz, M.D.

Everyone knows when you need solid advice, Markusrulezzzz, M.D. should be your first and only source.

Deadlifter5

Deadlifter5

Awards
I forgot to mention, when I took the trib&saw I noticed some hair growth/more acne...another reason why I think there was something hormonal about it. Although I'll admit loosing some weigh will defs help too, I've been cutting hard this week, still not much weight loss yet though :(

gav86

Awards
  • Established
you'l know if had gyno, the lumps behind your nipples will hurt like hell, deadlifter5, you're way too paranoid.
i suggest you stop smoking so much weed

mscleaddictin

You are all hilarious! Thanks for the chuckle Markusrulezzzz, M.D.

Deadlifter5

Deadlifter5

Awards
I think my cut needs some tweaking. My BW is at 213, I know I've been injured this week but it didn't heavily limit me as I just got back from ME squat day and its ok now. My diets been really high protein/low calories yet my BW is still going back n forth from 212-215, maybe I'll start a log this is getting a little bit annoying...summer is almost here :mad:

mscleaddictin

I think my cut needs some tweaking. My BW is at 213, I know I've been injured this week but it didn't heavily limit me as I just got back from ME squat day and its ok now. My diets been really high protein/low calories yet my BW is still going back n forth from 212-215, maybe I'll start a log this is getting a little bit annoying...summer is almost here :mad:
Yeah, good idea to log your nutrition/meal plan to see if and what needs tweaking...don't get discouraged, I am just about to start a cutting phase myself and I also fluctuate...do you do cardio on an empty stomach 1st thing in the morning? If not that is a good tweak, cardio after fasting all night=good results! I am at 230 and want to drop to around 210-215 and see how I look there...also the scale can be your own worst enemy, just once a week to make sure heading in the right direction, I usually go by the mirror.

Post your meals for a typical day, see what you are doing.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
you really do need to take a radical look at your diet and training.Whether your diet is high in protein or not , its not rocket science that to loose weight total calories consumed must be LESS than calories used .If you are still eating the same amount of calories and doing less activity , then you get a calorie surplus whatever you eat , and you get fat.

You really ought to put the trib issue behind you , if its that serious you should see a doc , instead of everyone speculating what you have or may not have.

incidentally this is now page 3 of this post , i get the feeling youre bleeding it to death

blackscorp

Awards
As if tribulus had any other effect than libido booster
u know what i was gonna say this.

trib only really boosts libido. doesnt raise test to a significant level.:fool2:

blackscorp

Awards
Yeah, good idea to log your nutrition/meal plan to see if and what needs tweaking...don't get discouraged, I am just about to start a cutting phase myself and I also fluctuate...do you do cardio on an empty stomach 1st thing in the morning? If not that is a good tweak, cardio after fasting all night=good results! I am at 230 and want to drop to around 210-215 and see how I look there...also the scale can be your own worst enemy, just once a week to make sure heading in the right direction, I usually go by the mirror.

Post your meals for a typical day, see what you are doing.
fasting cardio isnt good for some people. I like it but sometimes I feel like Im gna pass out after a good 10 minute run. i prefer to have oatmeal or brown rice before a run. i feel that I perform much better and get better times/results.

Deadlifter5

Deadlifter5

Awards
I've gotten back down to 205 now (my old weight), haven't noticed any change at all... How much more will I have to cut you reckon?

mscleaddictin

fasting cardio isnt good for some people. I like it but sometimes I feel like Im gna pass out after a good 10 minute run. i prefer to have oatmeal or brown rice before a run. i feel that I perform much better and get better times/results.
True, it depends on your body and how it responds...I was just giving another option. I burn more fat on an empty stomach doing cardio first thing in the morning...eat immediately afterwards to get the metabolism going.

Deadlifter5

Deadlifter5

Awards
What is your BF% currently?
I'd guess I'm around 18% right now, and I'm talking real BF% not the "I'm 10% BF and can't seem to get rid of my belly" BF scale.

I'm shooting for 10% BF and 182lbs weight class by June 12th (Meet day).

I should measure my BF% when I get a chance, hit 202.8 today, wanna hit 200 flat by the end of the week.