PreWO AAKG now worthless?

S

sizematters10

I've been setting up my pre wo drink with an array of bulks like most of you all but someone posted after some searching on AAKG that it was worthless unless dosed at a ridiculous level (like 12gr I believe lol). anyways what is the communitys consensus on this one? Safer to just go with cit malate then(considering price).

Right now I have pre 3gr. AAKG, 5gr mono, 25gr waxy, 25gr protein
then post: 5 gr mono, 50gr waxy, 60 gr. protein

Too much creatine? Half that dose maybe? Waxy too little too much?

Is protein 45min before necessary, does it have benefits or should I do an amino acid intra type drink instead.

wow a lot of f!cking questions lol

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I say 2.5mg creatine before and after

I would use something like agmatine preworkout instead of AAKG

The ketoglutarate group of AAKG and OKG are useful for restoring depleted glutamine pools in muscle from training, but you need like 10g

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

The ketoglutarate group of AAKG and OKG are useful for restoring depleted glutamine pools in muscle from training, but you need like 10g
agmatine is awesome I stack it with my creatine nitrate for some awesome pre workout amazingness.

I've been taking the left over AAKG I have before bed for the possible GH boosting effects.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been setting up my pre wo drink with an array of bulks like most of you all but someone posted after some searching on AAKG that it was worthless unless dosed at a ridiculous level (like 12gr I believe lol). anyways what is the communitys consensus on this one? Safer to just go with cit malate then(considering price).

Is protein 45min before necessary, does it have benefits or should I do an amino acid intra type drink instead.

I wouldnt say AAKG is worthless... if you goal is soley for pumps then yes but it has other benefits such as increased endurance.

In a double-blind, crossover study, researchers examined nine fit males aged 19 to 38 years old. These guys were given either a 500 ml Arginine-enriched drink (6 g of L-Arginine) or a placebo drink and then put under a series of physical tests using moderate to severe intensity for one hour with the help of a cycling ergometer.

The Arginine group showed a significant increase in the NO2 plasma levels and a marked reduction in systolic blood pressure. During moderate exercise, oxygen uptake was reduced by 7% and during intense exercise, V02 amplitude was reduced, extending the time to exhaustion.

• Improves severe-intensity exercise endurance by 20%
• Significantly reduces systolic blood pressure
• Reduces the oxygen cost of exercise

These results are significant to elite and endurance athletes, and bodybuilders who can expect longer training times, increased blood flow to the muscles and enhanced muscular growth.
I would that you not base what you try and use solely on some study instead give it a short and make a decision for yourself based upon how you react from it. A study isnt going to say conclusively if something will or wont work for you

As to your other questions, personally I like amnios pre workout over a whey shake, as for the WMS whats you goal? Are you trying to gain weight?

S

sizematters10

too bad bulk is out of stock on the agmatine, eventually ill try cre nitrate (looks solid) but bulk mono is dirt cheap and effective right now and i have a ton, but thanks for the suggestions so far. i think ill move the aakg before bed and go with agmatine, citr malate, mono, and bcaa pre.

S

sizematters10

oh nice study reference judo, yeah i see what your sayin.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
oh nice study reference judo, yeah i see what your sayin.
I feel too many people view products too black and white, most ingredients are very versatile and offer wide ranges of benefits. Take cinnamon for example, I take it mixed with my ALA and use it to increase insulin sensitivity and recently a study was brought to my attention that claims cinnamon doesn't do this and is worthless... really? Worthless? I wouldnt call an anti-oxidant that also has antibacterial and antifungal properties worthless, would you? Its not all about one thing or aesthetic purposes a lot of ingredients have general health benefits as well

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
too bad bulk is out of stock on the agmatine, eventually ill try cre nitrate (looks solid) but bulk mono is dirt cheap and effective right now and i have a ton, but thanks for the suggestions so far. i think ill move the aakg before bed and go with agmatine, citr malate, mono, and bcaa pre.
Get the SNS Agmatine

UNCnate

UNCnate

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Too much creatine IMO. You really don't need to split the doses either.

Protein 45 minutes pre is fine, as is aminos intra. For the intra aminos, check out RecoverPRO at the planet. Great price and new flavor.

S

sizematters10

This is a expensive sport/hobby lol. Thx all will try some stuff and just see what works best, prob drop the creatine down a little too.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
i would drop the protein consumption a little bit. maybe 40g after and take in 5-15g aminos before (bcaas/eaas). i would also just take 5g creatine at some point during that day. doesnt matter if its in the morning or pre/post workout. the carbs are needed and look to be at a good range. i usually mix 4 tbsp of powdered gatorade intra workout, which is ~60g carbs plus tastes great. then a banana with my post workout protein shake, which is now 25g protein for me. from the studies ive seen, anything over 25g protein post workout is a waste. especially for our size. if ur on the juice or a bigger (230lb+) guy, id go to like 40 just for that post workout shake. carbs are much needed pre/post workout at a high level to decrease the cortisol spike. so more might actually help to lean out. and aakg is pretty useless from what ive seen. i used to LOVE bulk citrulline malate but then i found creatine nitrate and its pretty amazing

S

sizematters10

nice ive been going through protein 5lbsers like crazy, will be good to conserve on the post and pre dosing a little. yeah amino acids are my next to buy, i keep hearing good things about cre nitrate sh1t i might have to try that sooner than later as well too. and no im not a big guy (175lbs) so your protein dosing sounds about right for me.

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards

I think you mean 2.5 g creatine.:yup:

agmatine is awesome I stack it with my creatine nitrate for some awesome pre workout amazingness.

I've been taking the left over AAKG I have before bed for the possible GH boosting effects.
I have done c-bol + agmatine and really nothing comes close. And then I introduced citrulline malate and norvaline as well. Needless to say, there were balloons in my body.

Get the SNS Agmatine
This is what I use and it can be found for 20 bucks
SNS Agmatine is an awesome value for what you're getting. Its awesome for pumps, but few people know about its nootropic effects, endurance benefits, and HOST of general health benefits.

S

sizematters10

f u guys! seriously lol my shopping list keeps growing...but yeah thanks again all

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
f u guys! seriously lol my shopping list keeps growing...but yeah thanks again all
haha, its rly not that much

protein
creatine
bcaas/eaas (i use purple wraath but u can get unflavored bulk for cheapppp)
carb source( gatorade, waxy maize, or bananas... any will do)

i will say, check out muscle feast. they have been good to me and they have rly good deals. they just came out with some pre workout that has creatine nitrate, so if u want a "pump" product id look there.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
Or you could just eat a cup or 2 of brown rice with a chicken breast an hour before you lift?