Shredding that final bit of fat

  1. Shredding that final bit of fat


    Hey everyone. Ive got a firend who has been asked to feature in muscle fitness magasine because hes lost a **** load of weight and won a competition they were running. Hes got a photo shoot in three weeks.

    Im trying to get him a natural sup thats going to mostly help strip him of fat around the stomach/chest- as thats really the only place hes holding it. everywhere else has good definition. He doesn't have a lot of experince with suppliments, so i figured id hep him out by dong some research for him

    Im thinking in the timespan..he should get a bolttle of DS lean extreme?

  2. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    He's not going to see a lot of fat removed in that short of a time. If I were in the position, I'd keep doing things the same way to keep losing, but focus on a pre-contest strategy the final week and manipulate carbs/sodium/water to dry out and look better for the shoot.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | Inspire to Evolve
    AnabolicMinds Rep

  3. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    He's not going to see a lot of fat removed in that short of a time. If I were in the position, I'd keep doing things the same way to keep losing, but focus on a pre-contest strategy the final week and manipulate carbs/sodium/water to dry out and look better for the shoot.
    agreed
    PES REPRESENTATIVE
    pescience.com
    http://pescience.com/insider
    •   
       


  4. how do you manipulate carbs -yo-yo effect?

  5. Sprints and BCAAs. Quick way to fire up the metabolic rate and add in some extra anabolic activity via increased protein synthesis and GH output.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

  6. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by corsaking View Post
    how do you manipulate carbs -yo-yo effect?
    I'm not as versed in this as anyone who has competed will be - I've never been lean enough for it to matter lol. But by controlling sodium and water, in particular, you can flush out the water weight and then plan your carb-intake around the shoot so your muscles fill up optimally.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | Inspire to Evolve
    AnabolicMinds Rep

  7. What sort of time period are we talking?
    HIGH VOLUME - Supreme Stim-Free Nitric Oxide Matrix
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  8. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    What sort of time period are we talking?
    3 weeks, I believe.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | Inspire to Evolve
    AnabolicMinds Rep

  9. Ah yea i see that now. By the time you buy a supplement, it ships, and for it to kick in, wouldnt be worth it.
    HIGH VOLUME - Supreme Stim-Free Nitric Oxide Matrix
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  10. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    Ah yea i see that now. By the time you buy a supplement, it ships, and for it to kick in, wouldnt be worth it.
    Kinda what I was thinking. I figure he's got maybe 5 lbs of fat he can lose with proper training and nutrition during that time and then if you do the pre-contest prep, you can make it look a little better for the camera.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | Inspire to Evolve
    AnabolicMinds Rep

  11. if it's stubborn weight then i dont think a supplement would magically burn the fat off in the next three weeks. the carb/sodium manipulation sounds like something he should look into.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Docmattic View Post
    Hey everyone. Ive got a firend who has been asked to feature in muscle fitness magasine because hes lost a **** load of weight and won a competition they were running. Hes got a photo shoot in three weeks.

    Im trying to get him a natural sup thats going to mostly help strip him of fat around the stomach/chest- as thats really the only place hes holding it. everywhere else has good definition. He doesn't have a lot of experince with suppliments, so i figured id hep him out by dong some research for him

    Im thinking in the timespan..he should get a bolttle of DS lean extreme?
    If he's lean already and the last place he is holding fat is around the chest and midsection, then he will lose from there when he has no more elsewhere to lose. Using a fat burner now would be pointless - manipulation of his NUTRITION AND TRAINING should be enough to help get him photoshoot ready in ~3 weeks, as well as perhaps using a diuretic the week pre-photoshoot to help with "drying" him out. The week pre-photoshoot should be dedicated to sodium and carbohydrate manipulation, as already suggested, and he can use the two weeks prior to go through it all and get into it. There are quite a few week-pre-contest "diets" out there that he can look at - something like this would be useful to look at. Just a comment re water that he doesn't have to restrict water intake though, even using a diuretic, even though it recommends that - I have personally found that having a galleon a day through the last week, cutting back only on the day pre-event, the best way (of course, always look the best the week AFTER using a diuretic as well, so he may want to do this ~2 weeks out from the photoshoot and go from there). In the end, he should practice what he is going to do before the photoshoot, so just to let him know for next time. Otherwise, congrats to him and all the best with his photoshoot!

    ~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

  13. if you have someone who specialises in make -up at your photo shoot and im almost 100 percent sure you will have , then ypur abs could be brought out by placing make-up i9n yhe right places , my reference here is the film 300 Not all the ab definition was down to hard work in the gym

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Sprints and BCAAs. Quick way to fire up the metabolic rate and add in some extra anabolic activity via increased protein synthesis and GH output.
    I did this and made sauna visits with sweats and a hoodie and dropped some weight.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Flex is shredding up Rezolution style!!!
    By FlexW99 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 126
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 09:40 AM
  2. 3 Day Fat Shredding Diet
    By tshaw024 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-02-2009, 11:21 PM
  3. shredding the hell up
    By SeanyK in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-16-2009, 12:39 AM
  4. DCP/Recreate- Nightsides Shredding log
    By nightside1234 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-12-2009, 01:01 PM
  5. Need help with cutting/shredding cycle.
    By Kevboom in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-14-2008, 06:39 PM
Log in
Log in