supp for knee pain during squats

dargerak

Awards
guys I use to squat really hard and heavy when I was 28 back in the good old days when Ph's were very abundant if you catch my drift...Im 36 now an still want and like to squat hard but every time i go heavy now for the past two months my left knee starts killing me ..Im guessing its some form of arthritis...do you guys have any supp recommendations I could use to get rid of this pain its depressing...Im currently on low doses of Orange Triad, flax oil and nuptraplanet cissus...which i feel help a little but I don't think Im taking enough of them to get rid of the knee problem. I could just up the dosage of all of them or try something else..any suggestions?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Increase your dose of Omega-3 and you may also have to adjust your squat technique.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Curcumin,cissus, some bold lol.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
Nandrolone does it for me. Perhaps a bit to extreme.

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
I never squat without N2BM's Skeletal Balm on my knees before my workout. +1 on the curcumin and cissus.

Definitely look at your technique also.

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
Increase your dose of Omega-3 and you may also have to adjust your squat technique.
This did it for me and I believe it will work for most. I use to bend at the knees and was always in pain, but then I learned to lead with the hips and problem solved. I have tried all the "latest" supps and nothing works like fish oil for joints. Wish I would have known this before I dumped a crap load of $ into the hype products. Ya live and ya learn.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
all are great suggestions. also look into OsteoSport. very good product.

obvious

obvious

Awards
Where in the knee does the pain focus? I developed pain in the top of my left knee from squatting ass to grass over a year ago and it's still there. Quadriceps tendonitis - and it takes forever to heal.

Wheyfocused

Awards
  • Established
OT, 2g epa/dha of fishoil, and bulk cissus really help my joints

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
...all the more reasons not to work legs

cousineerie

cousineerie

Awards
  • Established
If your dead set on doing an exercise that is causing you excess pain, then I suggest you get some Animal Flex. Before you workout, approx. 1 hour before you start your workout, take 200-800mg Ibuprofen, depending on the amount of pain your experiencing during the workouts, and then your first whole food meal after your workouts use the Animal Flex pills (or an afternoon meal on off days). You'll want a little fat in the meal, so not just with a protein shake.

If not Animal Flex, then get something that will give you 2k grams of Glucosamine and 750mg to 1k grams of Chondroitin. MSM is a plus... and flaxseed oil is nice... but definitely get the "G" and "C."

Eizbear

Eizbear

Awards
  • Established
I have had some major problems with my legs for over 8 month, specially the side calves. But since I got the recommendation to use cissus and a higher dose of Omega 3 my leg pain have faided away more and more, I'm only on week 4 of it and it does really feel better as the weeks go on..

The supplements are cheap and really worth it... Placebo or not! My legs still feels alot better

Atreyubeat

Atreyubeat

Awards
I increase my fish oil intake, and grab some Animal Flex. Jumping for a year or so now, and I can still walk, lol.