Switching from Creatine HCL to Mono

JackHammers

Awards
Hey, I bought a bottle of Creatine Hydrochloride a month ago (30 servings) to try instead of monohydrate. I'm just about finished it and I don't prefer it over mono. I want to switch back to mono as soon as possible, do I have to wait a few weeks before doing so?

I heard HCL doesn't build up waste in the kidneys so I'm assuming I can start mono right away, what do you guys think?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey, I bought a bottle of Creatine Hydrochloride a month ago (30 servings) to try instead of monohydrate. I'm just about finished it and I don't prefer it over mono. I want to switch back to mono as soon as possible, do I have to wait a few weeks before doing so?

I heard HCL doesn't build up waste in the kidneys so I'm assuming I can start mono right away, what do you guys think?
You can start using the creatine monohydrate as soon as you finish the creatine HCL - just use 2-5g a day.

~Rosie~

anabolicevo

anabolicevo

Awards
ya i think mono is better also. I am a RN, you should be fine with the switch

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
Ever considered going to kre-alkalyn or creatine nitrate? I've been on kre-alkalyn for the past few years and love it and I've only heard good things about nitrate. You should consider those versions before jumping back to mono.

Wheyfocused

Awards
  • Established
Kre Alk works the same as mono. If you are going to use kre-alk might as well just get mono and save lots of money. Mono is absorbed just fine

You wont experience bloating on mono if you stay within the 2.5-5g range

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ever considered going to kre-alkalyn or creatine nitrate? I've been on kre-alkalyn for the past few years and love it and I've only heard good things about nitrate. You should consider those versions before jumping back to mono.
I use con-cret. I used creatine nitrates and liked them a lot but the concern of creatine and nitrates have been floating around now that it is involved with cancer so I am holding off for now temperairly.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Everyone trys a new creatine as it comes out, all in all.. Mono will always be king. Stores build with lower doses than people initially thought and you can dose low enough for the benefits without the bloat.. find that spot!

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Everyone trys a new creatine as it comes out, all in all.. Mono will always be king. Stores build with lower doses than people initially thought and you can dose low enough for the benefits without the bloat.. find that spot!
I agree with this