1 serving: 1 scoop 30g ! Big question here

Markusrulezzz

Markusrulezzz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have bought a small ass scale to weight the food I eat thru out the day.

So the question is, when it says 30gs on the label of protein powders, does that include the scoop or not ? Scoops are around 11gs

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Are you asking if you include the weight of the plastic scooper?

Markusrulezzz

Markusrulezzz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
well I filled up a scoop of 100% whey but the total is 30gs with the scoop !! so if I deduct the 11gs that the scoop weights, this comes up to 19gs ! the label says 30gs = 24gs of protein

The label is wrong then huh ?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
well I filled up a scoop of 100% whey but the total is 30gs with the scoop !! so if I deduct the 11gs that the scoop weights, this comes up to 19gs ! the label says 30gs = 24gs of protein

Isn't it a rounded scoop? If you want to be that exact, then just weigh out the powder.

Markusrulezzz

Markusrulezzz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Isn't it a rounded scoop? If you want to be that exact, then just weigh out the powder.

It is a rounded scoop, there is no more room to fill more powder other than using 2 scoops but the label says 1 rounded scoop is 30gs but that 30gs is when I weight the powder with the scoop lol !!

Markusrulezzz

Markusrulezzz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ON 100% whey ! Maybe my scoop is too small huh

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
Well, unfortunately the FDA allows up to a 20% margin of error on food labeling. And of course the product manufacturers will stretch it to the extreme to make their products more desirable. So the numbers you just gave sound about right.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I weigh everything... Bulk powders, protein, food, pre workouts etc. I find most products labels are off my a little. If you care that much (I do) just weigh everything...

Markusrulezzz

Markusrulezzz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I weigh everything... Bulk powders, protein, food, pre workouts etc. I find most products labels are off my a little. If you care that much (I do) just weigh everything...
The more anal you are about BB, the better results you will get ... not only bb but everything

H

hardknock

Awards
  • Established

I have yet(in 20 years) to find many products, well, probably none at all, that were accurate to label claims in terms of measurement whether it were supplements or actual food.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
YUP :yup:

The more anal you are about BB, the better results you will get ... not only bb but everything

That is the bodybuilding lifestyle in a nut shell. Every big AND ripped guy I know is completely OCD about his food/training.

sking6464

sking6464

Awards
  • Established
x2....its par for the course