Quinoa bursting with ecdysteroids

daave

Awards
Most of the 20-hydroxyecdysone is recovered undegraded within the seeds even after 20 min boiling, and is thus susceptible to evoke significant (beneficial) pharmacological effects on humans who eat quinoa regularly.
thats awesome. great to see a food that maintains its benefits even after cooking. I get quinoa in bulk at costco. I need to start eating it weekly instead of monthly.

great article

eatingisfun

eatingisfun

Awards
  • Established
I've been eating quinoa almost every day for a few weeks, but only 60g/day. Does anyone know how much you need to eat to get any useful effects from the ecdysteroids? The abstract doesn't say.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you eat 50 g quinoa from a health food shop you'll probably ingest 15-20 mg 20-hydroxyecdysone. That's more than the recommended daily dose that some ecdysteroid supplements contain. French chemists analysed samples of quinoa and found they contained high amounts of ecdysteroids.

Pasted from Ergo.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
so i should eat mad quinoa

Dead Shark

Dead Shark

Awards
Just picked up 26 oz. of quinoa at walmart for $9.12 in the Latin food isle - kinda pricey but still cheaper than ecdy supps. I've never taken ecdy. What should I expect?

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
Just picked up 26 oz. of quinoa at walmart for $9.12 in the Latin food isle - kinda pricey but still cheaper than ecdy supps. I've never taken ecdy. What should I expect?
find it on like bulkfoods dot com or ... thats where i get my food