Creatine Monohydrate

jtterrible

jtterrible

Awards
Anyone know of anyway, other than shotgunning it, to take the powder? It's not really soluble in much it seems so it's like drinking water with sand in it. It's either all at the bottom or I stir it and it's floating either way I hate that. Is there anything the creatine will bind with in a drink without sinking? Or is shotgunning the supplement the only way?

mrincredible

Awards
i usually mix mine with the 32 oz bottle of gatorade. only about 5 grams will mix at a time though. but by the looks of your weight, they say a guy your size can only take about 5-10 grams a day after your loading phase which by the way i havent seen any better results from loading first in my experience

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I just drop a little more water to get the powder that settles at the bottom, I swish it around and slam it like a shot of jack.

TSV

Awards
How many grams of creatine are you using, and how many ounces of fluid are you mixing it in?

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Anyone know of anyway, other than shotgunning it, to take the powder? It's not really soluble in much it seems so it's like drinking water with sand in it. It's either all at the bottom or I stir it and it's floating either way I hate that. Is there anything the creatine will bind with in a drink without sinking? Or is shotgunning the supplement the only way?
Heat it slightly- it will go into solution very easily

jtterrible

jtterrible

Awards
5.5 grams and around 10oz ..heating it you say?.. Hmmm

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just mix my shakes thick and use a blender bottle, so it stays suspended pretty evenly

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You can just get creatine caps. Ancient Strength by Brutal Alchemy has it in pill form with a couple other forms of creatine to get your 5g. NTBM is actually doing a promo now where you can log it for free. It's supposed to stack very well with their pre-workout called Need2KillThatShi* (N2KTS) and NO booster called Attack.

Check out this link for details on the promo: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/172640-omg-long-overdue.html

Hawk

Hawk

Awards
  • Established
When I take bulk creatine I usually mix mind with my protien powder. I can't stand the taste of creatine.

DaJaP

DaJaP

Awards
not to be a douche, but just shake the bottle before each sip?

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would look into Creatine Nitrate if you havn't used it yet, much more soluble and better results.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would look into Creatine Nitrate if you havn't used it yet, much more soluble and better results.
Creatine Nitrate really worked for me! Plus, it's capped.

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
id just go with the shot technique and keep mixing in liquid untill all the creatine is gone. It shouldnt take too long doin it this way. Next time you might want to try Creapure creatine from Primordial. It mixes easily in juice, water, protein shakes and its flavorless.

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
I prefer to mix the creatine with a protein shake.

jtterrible

jtterrible

Awards
so I mixed it with hot coco and it worked! :D it dissolved into the water. No grit.. no sand in the bottom.. I love you guys.. :D

EddyRay

EddyRay

Awards
Actually, mixing creatine with hot liquids renders it useless.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
caps

jtterrible

jtterrible

Awards
But then i'd have like 800g of cratine sitting at my house.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cap m quik kit. Make your own caps.

thebiggerpict

Awards
i was taking 5g a day,,

but im taking 10g no as im on cycle,, and read somewhere u can take in more,, any truth ?

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Or PowerChews.com has creatine "candy" that's supposed to taste really good (and also get creatine in convenient form, while satisfying a sweet tooth). Also easy to take anywhere, and no mixability issues.

rankbull

rankbull

Awards
  • Established
Actually, mixing creatine with hot liquids renders it useless.
Yeah, if you're using molten lava... Creatine doesn't denature until about 300 degrees Celsius.

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
I'd go with NTBM"s ancient strength. It is creatine mono that won't cause bloat, which turn lots of people away.

Monohydrate is by far the most proven form

TSV

Awards
alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
2.3g hot water swirrle till clear add cold water drink it .only taste like stale water

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd go with NTBM"s ancient strength. It is creatine mono that won't cause bloat, which turn lots of people away.

Monohydrate is by far the most proven form
Ancient strength is the answer to a lot of issues people have with creatine mono.. solubility and bloat.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Ancient strength is the answer to a lot of issues people have with creatine mono.. solubility and bloat.
And it's capped, can't beat that....one less powder I would have to mess with

EddyRay

EddyRay

Awards
Where did you read this?
I read it back when I had no idea what supplements even were. I just did another search and apparently, Hot water is a favourable method to some people? F*ck man, I dunno... I just stick it a shaker, add some water with dextrose and neck it... Works for me.

TSV

Awards
I read it back when I had no idea what supplements even were. I just did another search and apparently, Hot water is a favourable method to some people? F*ck man, I dunno... I just stick it a shaker, add some water with dextrose and neck it... Works for me.
The reason I asked is because your source was wrong... It really doesn't matter whether creatine is added to a hot beverage or not. As long as it gets down, all is well.

For the record, I just add it to one of my shakes... I'm sure we can all agree that drinking hot water is less than desirable.

jtterrible

jtterrible

Awards
The reason I asked is because your source was wrong... It really doesn't matter whether creatine is added to a hot beverage or not. As long as it gets down, all is well.

For the record, I just add it to one of my shakes... I'm sure we can all agree that drinking hot water is less than desirable.
well... everyone should care.. because if it ruins the creatine then it gets down and does nothing..

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
well... everyone should care.. because if it ruins the creatine then it gets down and does nothing..
I always thought hot water was bad for creatine? Room temperature or slight warmth is suppose to be good.

Artdawg

Awards
Dude.......cowboy up and shoot that **** down.......or get micronized...

Artdawg

Awards
I always thought hot water was bad for creatine? Room temperature or slight warmth is suppose to be good.
I've heard out too, it messes with the chemical composition or something like that giving you less pure creatine..I'm no sci so its not for sure.

Antabolix

Awards
I've heard out too, it messes with the chemical composition or something like that giving you less pure creatine..I'm no sci so its not for sure.
+1, that would be my worry also. Heat degrades creatine into worthless creatinine. As to how much heat, I don't know.

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
While we are on the topic of creatine, let me ask a question. I have BodyTech Creatine Monohydrate in the cabinet. Is the BodyTech brand worth my time or should I toss it to the side for micronized creatine monohydrate?

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
While we are on the topic of creatine, let me ask a question. I have BodyTech Creatine Monohydrate in the cabinet. Is the BodyTech brand worth my time or should I toss it to the side for micronized creatine monohydrate?
I'm sure its fine. Micronized Creatine only makes it more soluble ...