Insulin Mimetic/Nutrient Repartitioner - AnabolicMinds.com

Insulin Mimetic/Nutrient Repartitioner

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Insulin Mimetic/Nutrient Repartitioner

Does anyone have good articles on the properties of these compunds?
    I am doing a research presentation on the topic and am struggling to find a good article on the actual process of mimicking insulin and driving glucose to the cells. Also, I need some explanation on the differences between some coumpounds and their methods of actions.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Answers

If you do a search for Need2Slin I bet that you will find a writeup from RussianStar the inventor..
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.
    Answers

Well here is a write up to the best nutrient repartitioner on the market. It's so powerful, I almost had to take a nap after using one serving 30mins prior to a cup of oats. No joke....this stuff works and it works well.

http://www.*************/forum/need-...e-up-faqs.html
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.
    Answers

yo sorry they blocked the website, PM ed you
  5. Professional Member
    Answers

Hey, cool question, you're doing a presentation in college on GDAs? If so, that's very exciting, what class is it for, usually professors are totally and blindly opposed to ANYTHING contained within a capsule (in my experience). It will be a hard sale, so to speak, and you might get pummeled with questions - so I'd have your citations in order, and just admit you're new to exploring the benefits of these great compounds.

If I got started I could go, and go, and go about the positive effects of mimetics, but I will just leave you with some of my absolute favorites and you can Google the products and compounds! BEST OF LUCK AND HAVE FUN, let us know how it goes and what road blocks you're hitting or hit in class.

- Recompadrol
    - Need 2 Slin
    - 4-Hydroxyisoleucine
    - Cinnulin
    - Vinegar Capsules

6. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Answers

its for a biochemistry class. I had been into prescription ones along with over the counter supplements such as p-slin, gycobol, recompadrol, need2slin etc. I really got interested in this topic because we previously covered insulin release and I took 2 different mimicking compounds in the past without knowing the actual biochemistry behind it
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Answers

I'm honestly not trying to plug our product, but if you go to http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/a...-120-caps.html all of our product write-ups are sourced and cite. I hope this helps:

(1) The antihyperglycemic drug alpha-lipoic acid stimulates glucose uptake via both GLUT4 translocation and GLUT4 activation: potential role of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase in GLUT4 activation.; Konrad D, Somwar R, Sweeney G, Yaworsky K, Hayashi M, Ramlal T, Klip A.; Diabetes. 2001 Jun;50(6):1464-71.

(2) Protection against oxidative stress-induced insulin resistance in rat L6 muscle cells by mircomolar concentrations of alpha-lipoic acid.; Maddux BA, See W, Lawrence JC Jr, Goldfine AL, Goldfine ID, Evans JL.; Diabetes. 2001 Feb;50(2):404-10.

(3) Effects of Fenugreek Seeds (Trigonella foenum greaecum) Extract on Endurance Capacity in Mice.; Mayumi Ikeuchi, et al; Journal of Nutritional Science and Vitaminology; Vol. 52 (2006), No.4 pp.287-292.

(4) The addition of fenugreek extract (Trigonella foenum-graecum) to glucose feeding increases muscle glycogen resynthesis after exercise.; Ruby BC, Gaskill SE, Slivka D, Harger SG.; Amino Acids. 2005 Feb;28(1):71-6.

(5) Therapeutic effect of berberine on 60 patients with non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus and experimental research; Ni Yanxia, et al.; Chinese Journal of Integrated Traditional and Western Medicine 1995; 1(2); 91-95.

(6) Berberine is a novel cholesterol-lowering drug working through a unique mechanism distinct from statins; Kong Weijia, et al.; Nature Medicine 2004; 10(12): 1344-1351.

(7) Isolation and characterization of polyphenol type-A polymers from cinnamon with insulin-like biological activity.; Anderson RA, Broadhurst CL, Polansky MM, Schmidt WF, Khan A, Flanagan VP, Schoene NW, Graves DJ.;
    J Agric Food Chem. 2004 Jan 14;52(1):65-70.

(8) Cinnamon extract and polyphenols affect the expression of tristetraprolin, insulin receptor, and glucose transporter 4 in mouse 3T3-L1 adipocytes.; Cao H, Polansky MM, Anderson RA.; Arch Biochem Biophys. 2007 Mar 15;459(2):214-22. Epub 2007 Jan 25.

(9) Trace elements in nutrition.; Dreosti IE.; Med J Aust., 1980 August 9;2(3):117-23.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Answers

thanks, glycobol was one of the reasons im actually doing this presentation. It was fantastic when I took it over the winter. The only thing I question is that GLUT4 transporters are present in fat and muscle, so wouldnt most insulin mimickers store glucose in fat, making more fat?
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Oh, wow. Thanks for the kind words!

EDIT: Sorry, I missed your question...it looks like JS got to it though.
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by holmes215 View Post
    thanks, glycobol was one of the reasons im actually doing this presentation. It was fantastic when I took it over the winter. The only thing I question is that GLUT4 transporters are present in fat and muscle, so wouldnt most insulin mimickers store glucose in fat, making more fat?
    I've heard a lot of good things about Glycobol as well as Need2slin.

For the record, I started Need2slin 3 days ago and loving it!!
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

No. They help more carbs go into muscle and be stored in the muscles. In addition, help keeping insulin levels more stable.

NA-R-ALA is my favorite ingredient in Glycobol as it is shown to be 10-30 x's more powerful than R-ala
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    I've heard a lot of good things about Glycobol as well as Need2slin.

I use Need2 now and I am doing a keto diet. I am seeing some major recomp and considering I have cals up high due to my PCT, that says something. I wish I responded well to glycobol, the only insulin mimetic that really worked for me is IGF-1. Out of the few on the market I know many like, glycobol and need2 are what I would recommend. Each is different and depending on diet, that will determine what is right for you.
    If my direct and cynical approach bothers you, just ignore it. I'm just saying what you need to hear ;).
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Any more sources anybody?
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    Any more sources anybody?
    I had an interesting article on each of the insulin mimetic ingredients works, lost it though, Looked for it if I find it ill post it
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    I had an interesting article on each of the insulin mimetic ingredients works, lost it though, Looked for it if I find it ill post it
    I would be interested in seeing that also if you find it or can dig it up somewhere
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Answers

I am doing a research presentation on the topic and am struggling to find a good article on the actual process of mimicking insulin and driving glucose to the cells. Also, I need some explanation on the differences between some coumpounds and their methods of actions.
    Do some searching on IGF-1, outside of insulin, it is by far the most effective nutrient partitioner out there and has many other benefits. There is a lot of research on it, check pub med.
    If my direct and cynical approach bothers you, just ignore it. I'm just saying what you need to hear ;).
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Answers

Alpha Lipoic Acid is good antioxidant and good insulin mimetic but watch it may result in a greater amount of liver glycogen storage and may even result in more fat storage than intended in my case 1200mg is overkill out of ketosis well 600-900mg is optimal range go up to 1g if the person have Diabetes with NA-R-ALA only need 200-300mg daily no more.
    SNS Online Representative
    Maxximal @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

Got Glycophase ...?

18. Senior Member
    Answers

loook at the write ups for Recompadrol and need2slin

few mechanism worth mentioning is the

PI3K pathway (insulin Pathway)
    PPARalpha/delta Agonism (increasing insulin sensitivity in muscle/adipose cells)
    cAMP

but the write ups for those 2 supplements will greatly help
  19. Professional Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    NA-R-ALA is shown to be 10-30 x's more powerful than R-ala
    I would love to see the study or site you got that from, I'm NOT questioning you at all, I've just always been on the lookout for something definitive that shows na-r-ala is truly optimal compared to r-ala at glucose modulation specifically. I have been torn and conflicted about the research I've seen, so I've actually been using both for a couple years, Need 2 Slin for about six months now, and r-ala for many years.

Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    Awesome! You'll continue to love it too!

its for a biochemistry class. I had been into prescription ones along with over the counter supplements such as p-slin, gycobol, recompadrol, need2slin etc. I really got interested in this topic because we previously covered insulin release and I took 2 different mimicking compounds in the past without knowing the actual biochemistry behind it
    Sounds very cool! How did the presentation go, or has it not happened yet? If you'd be so kind, I think it would be AWESOME of you to copy/paste your paper here, I know I'd read it and many others I'm sure.
  20. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Answers

I am presenting a powerpoint this week coming up, I will make sure to post it on the thread when it is finished. I think the 3 main compounds I will investigate are ALA, cinnamon, and Gymnema Sylvestre. Beyond those 3 I am going to explain insulin's action, how they change in diabetics and explain the GLUT4 transporters
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Sounds good. Let us know how it goes.
  22. Professional Member
    Answers

I am presenting a powerpoint this week coming up, I will make sure to post it on the thread when it is finished. I think the 3 main compounds I will investigate are ALA, cinnamon, and Gymnema Sylvestre. Beyond those 3 I am going to explain insulin's action, how they change in diabetics and explain the GLUT4 transporters
    Good choices, 4-HO would be a good replacement for Cinnamon, but I think your three are good since they are easily available for purchase.

Are you looking at cinnamon, raw, or more refined extracts like Cinnulin?
  23. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Answers

I atually focused on MHCP which is a compound in cinnamon, it seems to be the cause of its insulin mimetic effects
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Answers

I atually focused on MHCP which is a compound in cinnamon, it seems to be the cause of its insulin mimetic effects
    the brand name is Cinnulin PF
    SNS Online Representative
    Maxximal @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

Got Glycophase ...?

25. Professional Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MAxximal View Post
    the brand name is Cinnulin PF
    Been using 600mg/day of Cinnulin for about six months now - me likey.

Very excited to hear how your presentation goes!
  26. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Answers

This is a preliminary draft to my presentation. Didn't get all the citations in yet. The final presentation will be Monday, thanks to everyone so far and if theres any suggestions lemme know

http://www.*********.com/file/anfhvs

sendspace in for the stars
  27. Professional Member
    Answers

This is a preliminary draft to my presentation. Didn't get all the citations in yet. The final presentation will be Monday, thanks to everyone so far and if theres any suggestions lemme know

Reps sent your way! Going to read it first chance I get... would you mind disclosing some cliff's notes for us? Thanks!
  28. Pro Virili Parte
    Answers

Just browsed through it and it looks awesome!

Gonna read it more thoroughly tomorrow when I have time, thanks for sharing this with us.
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  29. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Answers

yea Im going to finish it up tomorrow so ill make some notes to shorten it up
  30. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Weird. I can't click on the link b/c it's censored by AM.
  31. Pro Virili Parte
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    Weird. I can't click on the link b/c it's censored by AM.
    type sendspace in place of the ***
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  32. Professional Member
    Answers

yea Im going to finish it up tomorrow so ill make some notes to shorten it up
    Read through the whole slide show!

So much of this brings back the same questions I had before... will taking certain of these GDAs and Mimetics enhance the effects of Insulin injection for non-diabetics, using it for muscle reparation and anabolism?
  33. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    type sendspace in place of the ***
    LOL. I missed that part of the post, thanks!
  34. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Outstanding View Post

So much of this brings back the same questions I had before... will taking certain of these GDAs and Mimetics enhance the effects of Insulin injection for non-diabetics, using it for muscle reparation and anabolism?
    I believe cinnamon will because it activates glut4 through different means than cinnamon, in banaba extract there is no synergystic effect though
  35. Professional Member
    Answers

I believe cinnamon will because it activates glut4 through different means than cinnamon
    ? Did you mean to replace one of the cinnamons with another additive?
  36. Senior Member
    Answers

it will sort of SELECTIVELY pick muscle tissue, hopefully. usually high concentrations of insulin for some reason favor storage toward fat. but lower concentrations depending on depleted or fed state or not will favor muscle tissue.
  37. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Answers

? Did you mean to replace one of the cinnamons with another additive?

sorry I meant than insulin. I read that both work cooperatively because cinnamon targets glut4 but also other downstream targets so it can work synergystically
  38. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Answers

NeoVar does this to an extent
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com

39. Professional Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ssbackwards View Post
    it will sort of SELECTIVELY pick muscle tissue, hopefully. usually high concentrations of insulin for some reason favor storage toward fat. but lower concentrations depending on depleted or fed state or not will favor muscle tissue.
    Is this why it's a great idea to take a Mimetic with something to mitigate adipogenesis, like HCA?
  40. Professional Member
    Answers

sorry I meant than insulin. I read that both work cooperatively because cinnamon targets glut4 but also other downstream targets so it can work synergystically
    Thanks! You've got cinnamon on the brain, haha!

Bulk raw cinnamon power (not the raw herb, but decent 4:1 and 12:1) extracts can be purchased so cheap, I wonder if those are efficacious enough to even be worth buying and capping - or if only something highly standardized like Cinnulin is worthy?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Nutrient Repartitioner for Turkey Day?
    By freefall365 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-26-2010, 03:57 PM
  2. judge this partitioner/insulin mimetic
    By emiliozapata in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-31-2010, 08:58 PM
  3. critique my nutrient repartitioner please
    By ozarkaBRAND in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-05-2008, 11:31 PM
  4. nutrient partion/insulin resistance creation