Weight Lifting Belt

Jorsn

Awards
  • Established
What are some good weight lifting belts? I'm looking at the Harbinger 5" Firmfit belt but wanted to see what kind of belts you guys are using. Sorry if this is the wrong section to post this in, Didn't really see an "appropriate" section.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
I don't use a belt unless I'm going for a double or single in the squat. I use an Inzer 13mm two-prong. You don't want to rely on them and have an underdevolped midsection/lower back. In fact, you should try to avoid all support gear because it just acts as a crutch and you'll end up relying on them too much, causing an imbalance. e.g. underdevloped grip strength due to the use of straps.

But to answer your question: I believe Inzer, hands down, makes the best belts and wraps in the industry. APT also has very good belts and are a bit cheaper than Inzer.

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I use an Inzer 10mm single prong. Using a belt is not a crutch as long you are training abs as well and are not wearing it 24/7 in the gym.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't always wear a belt, but when I do, i drink... no wait, that's not it...

APT double prong 13mm powerlifting belt. VERY stout.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i use a toro lever belt....i don't know whats a good belt or not, but it was cheap and it looks like most lever belts to me, like most, i don't wear it all the time, only certain excercises

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
Dino strength I got my lever belt for 42 dollars and it is better than any belt I ever owned. Plus the owner is one of the best guys in terms of customer service. I non lever I believe is 38

ordo ab chao

ordo ab chao

Awards
You don't want to rely on them and have an underdevolped midsection/lower back.
that's not an issue when a belt is used properly. You should be expanding your abs into the belt to create a mechanical advantage (hoop tension). Belts are akin to bench shirts in that they require you to fully contract your working muscles while allowing you to use more weight

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
I use an Inzer 10mm single prong. Using a belt is not a crutch as long you are training abs as well and are not wearing it 24/7 in the gym.
Bingo. As my boy clint darden said (look him up) train abs when you train abs and train back when you train back. Use a belt.