Is DAA worth it ?

Markusrulezzz

Markusrulezzz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I see a lot of people saying this stuff is bad for you and the long term side effects should be concerned,

Does anyone have a clue ? I

JerseyDrew77

JerseyDrew77

Awards
IDK, because all I've seen or read is that people like taking it because it brings back their libido and never mentioned anything bad about it.

Markusrulezzz

Markusrulezzz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
it ****s with your NMDA receptors and sweet stuff like that

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
the debate goes on over this but what you might not know is this

D and L versions of amino acids
With the exception of taurine, GABA and glycine, most amino acids exist in either the D or L form. These forms are the mirror reverse images of each other. The L form represents the natural type found in living plants and animal tissues. The L form is used in human protein structures and is more compatible to human biochemistry than the D form. Only phenylalanine can be present in human protein structures in both the D and L forms

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There is a comprehensive discussion on it in another thread. Here is a summary of what was concluded.

Although D-Aspartic Acid is excitory to the N-Methyl-D-Asparate receptor the term NMDA agonist and excitotoxin cannot be used interchangeably. This appears to be where the main confusion is.

Some have the view that it is fine until evidence comes out it is actually an excitotoxin whereas others (myself included) prefer to avoid it until it is seen as safe.

As excitotoxin risks are going to have to include long term studies. I would be surprised if something even close to conclusive comes up in the near future.

bigbumpkin

Awards
  • Established
I have used with pct probably a dozen times no problems as yet

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
ive just bought the sodium version and had my first dose yesterday ,i tried THE EGOPHARM version before sometime ago and ran it only for the 12 days as per the study. ILL do the same here.

If you want to be cautious , you could take it with food ,might help i dont know, you could take a divided dose in the day, you could only take it training days only.

from googling theres another form of aspartic acid which seems to be more potent and wilkipedia says this

.N-Methyl-D-aspartic acid or N-Methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) is an amino acid derivative which acts as a specific agonist at the NMDA receptor mimicking the action of glutamate, the neurotransmitter which normally acts at that receptor. Unlike glutamate, NMDA only binds to and regulates the NMDA receptor and has no effect on other glutamate receptors (such as those for AMPA and kainate). NMDA receptors are particularly important when they become overactive during withdrawal from alcohol as this causes symptoms such as agitation and, sometimes, epileptiform seizures.

whether this has led to some doubt over the safety of daa i dont know.

wilkipeadia also went on to say

Researchers apply NMDA to specific regions of an (animal) subject's brain or spinal cord and subsequently test for the behavior of interest, such as operant behavior. If the behavior is compromised, it suggests the destroyed tissue was part of a brain region that made an important contribution to the normal expression of that behavior. However, in lower quantities NMDA is not neurotoxic.

so it looks as though some confusion may have come from articles like this.
Amuscle warfare product contains both versions

NMDA Proprietary Blend: 230 mg
NMDA Amino Acid Hormonal Amplifying Matrix: 35 mg
(Testosterone, Growth Hormone, IGF-1 & IGF-2 Stimulator/NMDA Sythetase Methyl Donor Cofactors)

D-Aspartic Acid *

N-Methyl-D-Aspartate *

Tri-Methyl Glycine

it was a toss up between fadogia and this , perhaps i should have gone for that .

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
I only take 2g;s instead of 3.12 and i do it with my last meal of the day. Ive noticed improved libido. Id buy it again, its also really cheap.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I see a lot of people saying this stuff is bad for you and the long term side effects should be concerned,

Does anyone have a clue ? I
Impossible to know if long term side effects should be a concern because this hasn't been tested, and DAA has only been used the way it has for about a year now.

It does have effects on the NMDA though, which is concerning to a lot of people

Is 2-4 weeks of 3g DAA going to give you long term side effects? I highly doubt it

I think one would be concerned if they were taking DAA for extended periods or constantly cycling it.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't act like a smartass, If DAA gave me 10 pounds of muscle then yea I wouldn't give a **** about the sides....
I rest my case. Who cares if my HDL, liver, and heart are ****ed? I'M ****ING HUGE!!!!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Skip to 12:24 HOMIEEEEEE

YouTube - E60: Super Freak

now that's the guy who has abused, so guess what will happen to little juicers that run test 500 and **** like that
And what does snythol have to do with this again? Unless you know the exact dosages that he took and the compounds he used, you cannot comment on his health status. Besides, when you've resorted to Greg Valentino to help your case, you lose almost all credibility.

The fact is that you're really debating semantics when it comes to health issues. AAS, AIs, and SERMs all have inherent risks, but you've chosen to conveniently ignore them.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Valentino is known mainly because of his ridiculous usage of synthol. That's why I brought it up. What point are you trying to make? You're using hearsay from biased individuals to try to make your case that you can use whatever you'd like with only slight risks.

Seriously, you act like a child that throws a fit when someone doesn't agree with them.

Do you need me to post all of the empirical data about the dangers of AAS, AIs, and SERMs? Is that the only way to shut you up?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Anyone else find it ironic they'll debate the safety of DAA, but have no issues using SERMs, AIs, and AAS?
This, plus the fact that they draw conclusions from cherry picked research abstracts without reading the actual papers, but ignore the thousands of papers straight up showing the dangers of SERMs, AIs, and AAS.

I've stimulated more NMDA receptors typing this post than I could from ingesting a normal amount of DAA.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Will stacking DAA to my stack of nolva/clomid/torem/atd/clen/eca/slimX pct cause negative side effects? Was thinking of running it all for 2 years just to be safe and make sure my natty test levels get normal and I dont grow big boobs at the same time get some leaning effects.

If DAA will make me sick then Ill pass for sure. Thanks.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Will stacking DAA to my stack of nolva/clomid/torem/atd/clen/eca/slimX pct cause negative side effects? Was thinking of running it all for 2 years just to be safe and make sure my natty test levels get normal and I dont grow big boobs at the same time get some leaning effects.

You're good. I'd say push it to three years :)

Reactions: ax1

corsaking

Awards
  • Established

this must be a wind up -april fools day joke maybe

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
At what dosage and for how long use?
well it seems your not familiar with the study which was 3 gms for 12 days off 12 days then resume.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2774316/

any deviation from that study is down to the individual user or the supplemt company putting it out.at the said dose

why anyone would want to do their own thing beats me , when the study conclusion is that it raises testosterone in this short time.

this period may also prevent other issues like estrogen rising to cause concern and brain issues-just a thought.

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
People are concerned about the safety of DAA, yet they will load up on designer oral steroids with not a care in the world....
Then load up on Daa for there pct and AI and say there gtg ! Hahahahahaha and theve done a lot of research!

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
well it seems your not familiar with the study which was 3 gms for 12 days off 12 days then resume.

any deviation from that study is down to the individual user or the supplemt company putting it out.at the said dose

why anyone would want to do their own thing beats me , when the study conclusion is that it raises testosterone in this short time.

this period may also prevent other issues like estrogen rising to cause concern and brain issues-just a thought.
I think the person asking what dose was questioning what dose causes this alleged excitotoxicty that many like to say on his board, but have yet to show a single study supporting that claim.

Thank you for posting this, especially since it was a link to the full article!

Markusrulezzz

Markusrulezzz

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Nice find mate !

JerseyDrew77

JerseyDrew77

Awards
I don't know what all the fuss is or why people are so worried about DAA when you have people injecting themselves with steriods and ph's and other crap. Just either do the **** or don't and if you do, don't abuse it.

ScienceGuided

Awards
  • Established
This, plus the fact that they draw conclusions from cherry picked research abstracts without reading the actual papers, but ignore the thousands of papers straight up showing the dangers of SERMs, AIs, and AAS.

I've stimulated more NMDA receptors typing this post than I could from ingesting a normal amount of DAA.
everyone has an agenda it seems.

like everything in life,moderation.

I have seen some logs on DAA that are fantastic and in a very short time!

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
although ive used daa twice for the 12 day period, it only occurred to me on the last use . that the amount of increase it claims to produce ,is in TOTAL testosterone and not FREE testosterone.

the amount of free test is determined by shbg- Sex hormone-binding globulin
Testosterone and estradiol circulate in the bloodstream, bound mostly to SHBG and to some degree bound to serum albumin. Only a small fraction is unbound, or "free," and thus biologically active and able to enter a cell and activate its receptor. The SHBG inhibits the function of these hormones. Thus, bioavailability of sex hormones is influenced by the level of SHBG-from wilkipedia

so unless we get our levels checked , its total guesswork on how much total testosterone increases per individyual user and of that total , how much of it relates to free testosterone which is the bit that counts.

This doesnt just apply to daa but i would suggest all products that are promoted to boost testosterone levels-just my view

so to get the most from our own level of natural test , should we not be looking at ways to lower shbg through herbal products , rather than trying to boost our own which for the reasons above seems to be non productive.