Vitamins Am I overdoing it?

FatalFunnel

FatalFunnel

Awards
I've recently started taking a hefty amount of vitamins and staples. I don't know if too much can be a problem in this area so I'm seeking some insights here. I've started taking supplements to promote good blood flow, good libido and good hair growth.

Multivitamin.
Fish Oil.
Zinc.
Maca.
Vitamin E.
L-Lysine.
L-Theanine.
Lecithin.

Am I doing more harm than good?

ntornado

Awards
Does not look like much too me unless you are taking excessive amounts of some of these.

FatalFunnel

FatalFunnel

Awards
No, I'm not taking anymore than the recommended dosages on any of them.

A few days ago I took them all at once on an empty stomach and I thought I was going to throw it all back up. But that was about it.

Thanks for the insight.

Does anybody else have an opinion on the matter?

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
As far as vitamins go, if they are water soluble then you basically have to try really hard to be taking too much of something. It's the fat soluble ones you have to make sure you're not taking too much of, such as Vitamin's A, D, and E.

As for the others that aren't "vitamins"....I would follow label directions and you should be just fine.

ntornado

Awards
I wouldn't worry too much about OD'ing on Vit D. Most people are deficient.

I like to take with food also for most things.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't worry too much about OD'ing on Vit D. Most people are deficient.

I like to take with food also for most things.
Yep, I just try not to take too much. I usually range from 3.5mg to 5mg daily from supplements.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You are not taking anything conflicting nor doubling up on anything; your list looks fine. My daily vitamin list looks like,

Multi
Fish Oil
Flax Oil
Zinc
Saw Palmetto
Coq10
Magnesium
Potassium
Vitamin C

that might be it lol

FatalFunnel

FatalFunnel

Awards
What benefits have you actually seen from the Saw Palmetto? I have some but I don't use it because I hear it can cause impotence.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
No, I'm not taking anymore than the recommended dosages on any of them.

A few days ago I took them all at once on an empty stomach and I thought I was going to throw it all back up. But that was about it.

Thanks for the insight.

Does anybody else have an opinion on the matter?
It was probably the zinc- it can make you really nauseous on an empty stomach. I learned this the hard way- other than the empty stomach part, you really aren't doing anything out of the ordinary- just take it with food

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
I would save the zinc before bed and try it on an empty stomach. Taking zinc w/ anythign containing calcium decreases the absorption of the zinc.

Riptrition

Awards
as long as you stay in the 100-125% of recommended amounts you are fine.