PowerChews.com

Liquid 2009

Awards
Who else is taking these awesome products!? I've been on PowerChews.com L-Glutamine, Creatine and Preworkout and absolutely love them! Incredible taste and results are awesome. I highly recommend everyone give these products a try!

Who else has tried them? Or thinking about it?

Let's discuss....

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have the ON Amino Chewables, but I've been interested in the PowerChews. Are they pretty good, and are they low in sugar? I'm interested in the BCAA one...

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've heard really good things thus far. I'll likely purchase some in the future to try them out. I really like the pre-workout formulation.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
They sound pretty interesting. I'm going to have to try them out sometime. I like the idea of them, very innovative :)

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
I thought of trying them but considering their price I better buy these supps in bulk unless you're looking for convenience, i just mix all my supps pre and post w/o with protein

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like the idea and the website looks really good.def gotta pick some of these up eventually.

Liquid 2009

Awards
I have the ON Amino Chewables, but I've been interested in the PowerChews. Are they pretty good, and are they low in sugar? I'm interested in the BCAA one...
They are VERY good. The BCAA are great to have in the middle of workout and these work perfect for that. Low in sugar,too. I'd recommend them over ON.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
They are VERY good. The BCAA are great to have in the middle of workout and these work perfect for that. Low in sugar,too. I'd recommend them over ON.
I workout first thing in the morning, so having something convenient like that would be great!

I just tried the ON last night, and I gotta say I'm not too impressed. They were really chalky (not chewy at all like I was expecting), and the flavor is a bit too bitter.

Do you know if PowerChews.com does samples or some other promo (logging, etc.)? After ON I'm a bit hesitant to bite (so to speak)!

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
no one else seem to think these are expensive? $39.99 for 45 servings of 5 grams of glutamine?

NP sells 1k g for $30, thats 200 servings... :think:

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
no one else seem to think these are expensive? $39.99 for 45 servings of 5 grams of glutamine?

Is that the MSRP or actual price you pay?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I agree.

It's definitely the convenience factor that would make you want to spend the money. That's why I liked the pre-workout formulation out of them, the most. It was pretty reasonable compared to other pre-workouts for the number of servings.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i love me some laffy taffy, so if i can get some bcaa's outta the snack, that'd be awesome

Liquid 2009

Awards
There is a discount going on. I believe the code is Needto10 .... I do not think they are too expensive at all. For what I'm getting results wise, convenience plus taste. It's definitely worth it. I truly love these products.

Dizmal

Dizmal

Awards
  • Established

The BCAA too. $40 for 135g of BCAA. I can get 2lbs for less off of true protein.

I think they'd be cool. Website looks nice. But the value isn't really there(yet?). Unless you really cannot find any other way to get BCAA in yah.

Liquid 2009

Awards
Let's hear some more thoughts and reviews. Been using this stuff with great results thus far. Want to hear more from others.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
While I'm cutting, it's a nice treat to have BCAA/EAA candy! I'm just using the ON stuff, and while I wasn't impressed at first it is a better treat than eggs and chicken that I typically eat! I take them around cardio now, like a little cheat, but helps with my workout. It's more expensive than bulk powder (which I have loads of), but I enjoy it a lot more!

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
The BCAA too. $40 for 135g of BCAA. I can get 2lbs for less off of true protein.

I think they'd be cool. Website looks nice. But the value isn't really there(yet?). Unless you really cannot find any other way to get BCAA in yah.
Their site doesn't really do anything to me when I'm spending $100's per month on supps I'm looking at bottom line... eye candy alone doesn't do it.

I can tell liquid is pimping these products like its the best thing since sliced bread but its far too expensive for the convenience factor alone, if you cant spare 5 min to make your own shake then you probably shouldn't be taking any supps.

BTW, I just saw a deal on BCAA of 1KG for $19.59, how can you justify spending $40 for 135g? :think:

Liquid 2009

Awards
Nah, not pimping. Seen them, got some, wanted to hear more from others on here since they are a sponsor of this board. I figured would get more responses and people tying them because of that.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There are definetely cheaper options out there, for straight BCAAs or glutamine but paying a little extra for some flavor and convenience is something I don't mind...

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There are definetely cheaper options out there, for straight BCAAs or glutamine but paying a little extra for some flavor and convenience is something I don't mind...
I think it's one of those things that's a treat; and that's how you view it. Particularly if I'm on a trip out of town for work or vacation, it would be a nice way to not have to haul my stupid 1/2 gallon jug and my bulk amino jug + whatever flavoring I'd use.

It seems more and more, lately, that I'm traveling for work, too, so it's something I'll consider.

Plus, I used to be a fat kid, so you know I like candy... :lol:

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't think PowerChews or any chewable amino product was intended to compete against bulk powders. For that matter, you could make most any supplement cheaper with bulk powders.

What I like about chewable amino products is that while I'm cutting I don't get to eat much any sweets. If I can have some aminos and it tastes like candy and satisfies my sweet tooth, then it's of value to me. I pop a couple before and after cardio, and it's a great treat, plus aminos!

Think about it, are protein bars or RTD bottles cheaper than powders? No, but they're convenient and satisfy a sweet tooth. I think the same thing goes for PowerChews, its value is convenience and a "healthy" treat option.

Liquid 2009

Awards
Milas, very nicely said! That's exactly my view of these products. I get a lot from them. The preworkout is awesome. The BCAA are nice during the workout... easy to just take a few.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I
I don't think PowerChews or any chewable amino product was intended to compete against bulk powders. For that matter, you could make most any supplement cheaper with bulk powders.

What I like about chewable amino products is that while I'm cutting I don't get to eat much any sweets. If I can have some aminos and it tastes like candy and satisfies my sweet tooth, then it's of value to me. I pop a couple before and after cardio, and it's a great treat, plus aminos!

Think about it, are protein bars or RTD bottles cheaper than powders? No, but they're convenient and satisfy a sweet tooth. I think the same thing goes for PowerChews, its value is convenience and a "healthy" treat option.
I can understand what you are saying about cutting. Its nice to be able to give yourself that treat when you need it: :yumyum:

Dizmal

Dizmal

Awards
  • Established

Sure. But you're paying $40 to crave your sweet tooth with only 3g of BCAA at a time. 3g while better than nothing, isn't a whole heck of a lot.. I don't know about carrying around 6+ of these in my pocket.

The value is pretty low. $20-25 and they'd have a sale here.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Actually, yes I would and I have!

I'm in contest prep mode right now, so NO sweets. I was behind at 8 weeks, so I had to cut cheat meals entirely. If I could have "candy" and get my BCAA that I need to take, I'll pay a premium.

I also bought a bunch of Walden Farms zero calorie dressings and dips. I paid a premium, but now I can mentally make it through 12 weeks of contest prep, while being civil with my family this way (as they eat all the things I crave)!

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
Milas, very nicely said! That's exactly my view of these products. I get a lot from them. The preworkout is awesome. The BCAA are nice during the workout... easy to just take a few.
you just touched on what I was thinking when I first heard about these products, what makes them attractive is during w/o you can continue to consume your BCAA, i personally dont carry an intra w/o drink so I can see these coming in handy while w/o

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
you just touched on what I was thinking when I first heard about these products, what makes them attractive is during w/o you can continue to consume your BCAA, i personally dont carry an intra w/o drink so I can see these coming in handy while w/o
What do you think about keeping some in your car to snack on during long commutes. I know sometimes I'm running late between meals, and having the BCAA on demand is nice and easy to eat (plus, it gives me good timing for BCAA pre-meal to get mTOR going).

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i can't wait to try these things, i need some sweet cravings right about now

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i can't wait to try these things, i need some sweet cravings right about now
Damnit, you just made me break into my chews! Nom, nom, nom...

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplement Auction 5
Supplement Logs 0
taman6886 Supplement Logs 18
bowskie69 Supplement Logs 27
Dwight Schrute Company Promotions 10