Creatine sides?

Stacked123

Awards
Hey guys, hoping to get your opinion, started using creatine recently in order to keep strength up after a ph, which has always been an issue with me and noticed very low endurance/out of breath a lot, to the point of wheezing sometimes. tried kre-alkalyn and a chewable version of mono, i think the former was worse. So ran across creatineJournal site in my research about possible sides and on one hand users do mention things of this nature, on the other hand its full of people saying creatine ruined their lives or put them in hospital so i dont know if any of it can be trusted. Id really rather not come off it till end of pct for mentioned reason but of course i would if this means its doing damage of some sort, i heard different ppl react to it differently. I ahould also mention gaining 20 lbs over winter on ph so wondering whether lungs/heart are not yet able to work efficiently with the new mass, want to get checked out after pct in a month. Would be great to hear your opinions/advice, thanks.
Forgot, stats: 34, 6'1, 250, lifting exp ~10, bf ~15

ThER6KinG

ThER6KinG

Awards
  • Established
I have used creatine for as long as I can remember and never had any problems except maybe minor dehydration but easily fixed with lots of water, and I have a heart murmor so I have to be careful and never had any problems while on creatine. I use mono 5 grams in the morning and 5 grams after lifting.

drudixon

Awards
Hey guys, hoping to get your opinion, started using creatine recently in order to keep strength up after a ph, which has always been an issue with me and noticed very low endurance/out of breath a lot, to the point of wheezing sometimes. tried kre-alkalyn and a chewable version of mono, i think the former was worse. So ran across creatineJournal site in my research about possible sides and on one hand users do mention things of this nature, on the other hand its full of people saying creatine ruined their lives or put them in hospital so i dont know if any of it can be trusted. Id really rather not come off it till end of pct for mentioned reason but of course i would if this means its doing damage of some sort, i heard different ppl react to it differently. I ahould also mention gaining 20 lbs over winter on ph so wondering whether lungs/heart are not yet able to work efficiently with the new mass, want to get checked out after pct in a month. Would be great to hear your opinions/advice, thanks.
Forgot, stats: 34, 6'1, 250, lifting exp ~10, bf ~15
The only side I've ever had was the squirts depending on the brand of creatine and how close I took it to eating. I've never heard of anyone's life being ruined due to creatine. Sounds like they're using it as a scapegoat for something else. Creatine helps your body make more ATP (energy in cell used for lifting weights). That's all it does. Creatine needs water to bind the phosphate, so that's why the water retention. I'd believe much more about the PH having an impact on your heart than the creatine.

Boagrius

Boagrius

Awards
What PH were you taking before the creatine

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've never personally seen any negative sides from any variation of creatine that I've taken.

Stacked123

Awards
Thanks for everyones input, i wanted to make sure it doesnt sound like the creatine because that site mentioned in op really has some insane feedback, and ppl do talk about things like all cells of body being affected by it including lungs and heart so i wanted to be on cautious side, how do you guys cycle it long term? I always make sure not to get brands that have hidden stimulants etc. The ph was pplex never had any sides with it. I'll def get bloodwork done after pct. I know it sounds strange but im even thinking it might have something to do with how much i built up my abs and chest in last 2 months and some sort of compression.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
alot of people will say there are no proven sides, well i am proof and some of my friends are as well. this was when i was like 17 and didnt drink alot of water with it, so keep that in mind.

whenever i took it i started to experience pain in my kidneys, like severe back pain so i got off creatine and it went away.

my friend chase has been on creatine for 2 years continuously now and hes had 3 kidney stones...

my uncle, while being on creatine for 5 months, has blood in his urine and developed an UTI.

now am i saying all of these are from use/abuse of creatine? no. what i am saying is making sure u drink plenty of water cause those people's problems could have been from creatine. when they all had blood done, there creatinine levels were high. just drink water and dont take more that u shouldnt take.

Stacked123

Awards
Were those potential effects from mono or the newer types that supposedly dont result in excess creatinine? Whats the safest way to cycle IYO i saw somewhere 3m on 1m off

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Creatine is a very polarizing subject in both the media and on these boards. Most media stories are from dehydration, as in examples of kids passing out during all day football practice in the summer while on creatine. The fact is that everybody is different and creatine may cause sides for you and may work great for another, while not doing anything beneficial for yet another. The best you can really do is take it out of your routine and see if things get better. Creatine is a fairly safe supplement if you ingest the correct amount of water everyday, but no supplement is without sides, even if they only appear in a small population of users.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Were those potential effects from mono or the newer types that supposedly dont result in excess creatinine? Whats the safest way to cycle IYO i saw somewhere 3m on 1m off
they were from mono. i am on CEE right now and am having to back pain. i am also drinking plenty of water so that contributes to it.

as far as cycling, u dont need to cycle it, but i cycle any supplement i take other than a multi. gives my body a break, i clean my receptors and start back. thats how i do it tho. everybody has their own way that works with their body the best