Anyone else use milk protein isolate?

Rock Lee

Awards
Is it always this chalky, messy, and impossible to mix? I ordered mine from True Protein and was wondering if it's an inferior product or if this is just how MPI is.

Thanks.

lancelot

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I buy MPI to save money, but i can't stand the taste and chalky texture. mine's from bsl.

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
I don't think BSL's and TP's MPI are much different. Yes, I've used both although BSL's was 70/30 MPI/Egg and TP's was 100% MPI.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Buy a hand blender.

I love BSL's MPI, unflavored. I usually add it to my Leptigen/creatine/etc concoction for some "free" protein that doesn't screw up the taste of the other things.

I also find it to be much more fatisfying psychologically than whey, since it has a more substantial "feel", both in the mouth and (perception, anyway) in the gut.

I find it ideal to take before bed, or if I am going to be unable to eat for many hours.

AcuDoc

Board Supporter
Awards
I just ordered some myself for pm use. My body and I don't agree about lactose but this should have very little. Anyone sensitive to lactose who has used this stuff? I'd like to know their experience. I'll post my results with the stuff when I get it next week from protein factory.

Redspy

Board Supporter
Awards
I recently order a customized night time blend (micellar, milk protein isolate, egg and whey) from True Protein. As the bulk of was insoluable protein it obviously mixes terribly and requires a hand blender to get rid of the clumps. Overall though I really like the stuff TP has on offer.

After screwing up my first order they sent me 2lbs of whey, 1lb of glutamine peptides and 3lbs of maltodextrin completely free. Great customer service.

Redspy

Board Supporter
Awards
uhh, it doesnt mix in any regular blender?
I guess I should have been more clear - I meant an electric hand blender. Of course it would mix in a regular blender, but I find the small hand blenders much easier to clean.