My review of Egg white powder from True-Protein.com

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
I ordered 4 lbs. of egg white protein from True-Protein. First off, It took over a week to get, and eventhough it was the 4th of July weekend, it was still a couple more days late than what should have been.

Okay on to the powder. I always get my egg powder unflavored cuz I think that it just tastes even shittier when trying to mask the bland taste, but that's just me. And I do think that from all of the protein suppliers out there, they have the best unflavored egg. Does that makes sense? :think: LOL, basically just couldn't tell much.

Next is the texture, mixing ease, etc. The whole bag of protein was in clumps. I couldn't even use a scooper to get it out because it would just clump up and would make a total mess. SO I had to actually weigh it on a scale and then use a teaspoon to put it into my shaker bottle.

After shaking it, I proceeded to chug like I always do. No good, the clumps still did not dissipate and I got a mouthful of chunky-ass egg tasting slop in my mouth that ended up all over the kitchen counter at work and totally ruined somebody's toothbrush. So I had to buy a new one now and had to do it on my lunchbreak cuz I felt like such an ass after choking on the powder chunks and spewing my shake all over the place. What a nice end to the work week, eh? :trout: :frustrate

Overall opinion of True-Protein....Thumbs down.... :rasp:

Jcc

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear you had shitty luck. Their WPC is the best I've ever used, period. I have a combo of their casein and their whole egg protein, and it's a bit chalky, but not bad.

Overall opinion of True Protein: I won't buy from anywhere else now.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear you had shitty luck. Their WPC is the best I've ever used, period. I have a combo of tèeir casein and their whole egg protein, and it's a bit chalky, but not bad.

Overall opinion`of True Proteinz I won't buy from anywhere else now.
It's hard trying to find a good egg protein powder. I don't use whey aîymore do to the digestion problems it gives me. I think that I make better gains on the egg anyways. So I gotta decide between 3 or 4 companies to determine who I'm gonna stick with.

Customizer= Expensive, good product, and descent customer service.
Protein Factory= Horrible customer service, good producô though.
True-Protein= Horrible product, moderate customer service.
All the Whey= Doesn't carry egg powder. :frustrate

Sigh, decisions...

Rock Lee

Awards
I can't afford egg protein anymore. All of a sudden it just doubled in price :(

mustdosquats

Awards
What about something like the 10pds of powdered egg white from goodegg.com 90.00 shipped for 10lbs which is equal to around 1100 eggs.

MdS

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I was buying it before for 4.99/lb. and then all of the sudden it changed to 8.99-10.99/lb. They say that egg prices had just went up everywhere and they had to raise prices and it effects everyone. C'mon though double the price in a little over a 2 month period? That sounds like a bit too much than really needed, but what do I know, I'm not a wholesale buyer... :blink:

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
What about something like the 10pds of powdered egg white from goodegg.com 90.00 shipped for 10lbs which is equal to around 1100 eggs.

MdS
Thats exactly how much the going price for it is now around 9.00-10.00/lb.

Have you ordered from those guys before? Hows the texture, etc, of the powder? Good customer service?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
They can say the price of egg skyrocketed 'cause of Atkins :D . I stick to casein, milk, & whey.

lancelot

Banned
Awards
  • Established
the egg protein i get from bsl is very high quality in terms of taste, mixability, texture, etc. unfortunately, it's too expensive now for me to buy again.

zeppelin

Awards
the egg protein i get from bsl is very high quality in terms of taste, mixability, texture, etc. unfortunately, it's too expensive now for me to buy again.

The prices of every protein available has gone up significantly in price. You can believe what you will, but what I speak is the sincere truth.

Milk shortages along with increased butter demand means there is a major pull for available raw product. Add a far greater demand for product along with increased transportation costs and well.... this is simple economics. And with whey, prices are only going to go up even further before they go down. Once schools go back into session and the lunch programs start gobbling up even more milk, the shortage will only be exacerbated. It has tapered off in recent months, but our multiple truckload price has gone up over 60% since Feb 04.

Egg prices have also gone up dramatically. Hell, I see 1 dozen eggs at the market for over $2, some places almost $3. Again, increase demand and lower availability, and whamo. I have seen egg almost triple in price since Feb.

Caseins are even worse. Because butter is selling at such a high price, the worlds largest casein manufacture stopped production of milk protein, and all caseins. HUGE market void now and those that have any product basically hold it for ransom. Calcium casseinate will basically become nonexistant in this country unless someone else picks up the slack. All I have seen in the factories that I have been visiting is an increased production of whey. The US Dairy Councel plans on funding major studies to show the many benefits of whey, similiar to what soy manufactures did in the 1990's.

What will happen in a situation like this is an infiltration of poorer grade material, older material, and non-agglomerated material will be mixed with the grade you think you are purchasing. But when market gets tight, you even more can expect to get what you pay for. Or better yet, not get what you don't pay for.

tbosley1

Awards
It's hard trying to find a good egg protein powder. I don't use whey anymore do to the digestion problems it gives me. I think that I make better gains on the egg anyways. So I gotta decide between 3 or 4 companies to determine who I'm gonna stick with.

Customizer= Expensive, good product, and descent customer service.
Protein Factory= Horrible customer service, good product though.
True-Protein= Horrible product, moderate customer service.
All the Whey= Doesn't carry egg powder. :frustrate

Sigh, decisions...
I switched to allthewhey isolate, and I have no digestion problems any more.

I don't use egg protein any more. I use whey with flax to slow down digestion.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Myths never die...

Rock Lee

Awards
I thought egg white protein was good not because of it's slow digestion rate but because of it's AA profile... :think:

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yup.

AXE

Awards
So you are trying to say that fat does not slow down the absorbtion rate of protein? That is complete BS. Much like slow carbs are better than dextrose PW. The proof is in the pudding.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The proof is in your physiology book if you actually want to read it. Tell me how fat will have an effect, which gets absorbed lymphatically, on amino acid absortion which is primarily in the small intestine. I'm not even going into gastric emptying and how a liquified meal is digested repidly......

High fat MEALS slow digestion in the STOMACH because of the solid state of the foods. Adding OIL to Whey will not have any significant effect on digestion in the STOMACH because gastric emptying is not slowed since its a LIQUID and will not have anything to do with how amino acids are absorbed in the SMALL INTESTINE! THIS IS BASIC NUTRITION!

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So you are trying to say that fat does not slow down the absorbtion rate of protein? That is complete BS. Much like slow carbs are better than dextrose PW. The proof is in the pudding.
I love this answer. He claims BS and ask for my proof yet has NONE of his own. Typical meathead logic....

AXE

Awards
Of course liqufied food is digested at a faster rate than whole foods. Hell everyone knows that, so youare telling me that pro finess and pro bodybuilders don't know what they are talking about? Particulary Milos Sarcev who always has stated that taking omegas or flax will help slow down the speed of whey proteins absorbtion rate. No matter what a book or study says it is no where near the same as real world results. That is like a desk pusher telling a street cop or fire fighter how to do a job.

So are you telling me that you know more about nutrition and anabolics than pros or national level bodybuilders, and their trainers IE Mike Dvies or Charlep Poliquin, or Charles Glass.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Poliquin dealt more with strenght training, NOT nutrition. Milos Sarcev has bene wrong on many occasions about amino absoriton, especially glutamine and more recently about inuslin and hyperinsulinemia. Look it up genius....

You can beleive all the Flex ads you want but its basic science that is taught in any nutrition 101 class so I suggest you take one. The majorty of trainers out there are graduate of Exercise and Strenght training progrma in which nutrition has a small role.

""Of course liqufied food is digested at a faster rate than whole foods."

Just keep reading than and keep believing fat (actually oil) will alter the chemical properties of Whey protein and its breakdown into amino acids. Whey is rapidly absrobed because of its chemical nature, not because its "fat free".

Real World results? My picture are posted, where are yours? Come on hotshot, post them.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Of course liqufied food is digested at a faster rate than whole foods. Hell everyone knows that, so youare telling me that pro finess and pro bodybuilders don't know what they are talking about? Particulary Milos Sarcev who always has stated that taking omegas or flax will help slow down the speed of whey proteins absorbtion rate. No matter what a book or study says it is no where near the same as real world results. That is like a desk pusher telling a street cop or fire fighter how to do a job.

So are you telling me that you know more about nutrition and anabolics than pros or national level bodybuilders, and their trainers IE Mike Dvies or Charlep Poliquin, or Charles Glass.

Your proof is that Pro Bodybuilders use this method?!!?!! :rofl:

Yeah and Gunter says 3 shakes a day is what makes him hyooooge....

:icon_lol:

BTW- Ask Chad Nichols if he tihnks adding Whey will slow absortion down. He thinks its BS. It seems you trust everything they say....

It doens't mean much to me.

AXE

Awards
Your pictures look like the cover of a mens fitness magazine, nothing I desire. So mlos doesn't know what he is saying? Could you compete at his level with all of your so called knowledge?

Notice I said pros for nutrition and AAS cycles of which I doubt they worry about Nutrition 101 or worthless studies if they don't work in a real world enviroment.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your pictures look like the cover of a mens fitness magazine, nothing I desire. So mlos doesn't know what he is saying? Could you compete at his level with all of your so called knowledge?

Notice I said pros for nutrition and AAS cycles of which I doubt they worry about Nutrition 101 or worthless studies if they don't work in a real world enviroment.

Thanks, thats a compliment.

Who do you tihnk Milos Sarcev leanred from? Why don't you go do a little reseach on that topic. He is known as the "guru" becasue of the amount of RESEARCH HE DOES! You know, STUDIES?!?!?!

Yeah, pro's don't worry about nutrition. Its all AAS....

God you're clueless.....The more people like you in this sport, the better I will look 15 years from now.

I'm still waiting for your pics tough guy or are you another person that talks out his ass and won't man up an post them? You seem to be stuck on real world results so post them!!! I have. I'm do not hide behind the keyboard.

Or we can go on and on about digestion just to show everyone how clueless you are.

AXE

Awards
Get over yourself. if you knew as much as you say you do, you would have won numerous accolades by now. Oh wait you haven't. It is not even worth my while with you.

I guess you know more than the pros, and guys that are PAID to help the pros with preperation. Or national level guys in the least. It is funny reading your argument with swole cat as well. he obviously knows more on the subject than you do, yet your big head and arrogant attitude can't admit it.

That is a truely sad state of life that you live in.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
LMAO!!!! Oh how I love the groupies of Swolecat!!! Yeah I love how he wants to go to grad school yet discredits science and doens't even understand basic nutrition.

National level? I've been lifting for 6 years and yes I am competing soon and train competitors now. Oops, let me remove that foot our of your mouth now.

Everyone lets all get this striaght, if your not an IFBB pro or train an IFBB pro, you don't know what your talking about.

LOL....I love guys like this. They put the meat in meathead.....

Sad state of life? Man I'm happy as a clam down here training people living in beautiful Southern Florida.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Do you really think the "pros for nutrition and AAS cycles" you are referring to really know or care about --does adding fat slow down the absorption of my protein shake to a measurable degree?-- I seriously doubt it, if they "don't worry about Nutrition 101 or worthless studies", they're probably more concerned with what will enhance my performance or physique to a noticable degree.

So in short your opinion is backed up by an assumption of what you think the "pros" (who don't care about studies) may or may not believe.

That's not smart...

Dan

Awards
I agree with stryder 100% on that. Just because someone is a pro doesn't mean they do everything right. Hell, have you seen Coleman's The Unbeleivable? His technique on some of the exercises is terrible, despite the fact that hes the thickest guy around.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Bobo has my acolade. I've got more credit hours in the biological sciences than I care to remember and I'll happily admit this man kicks my, or anybody else's ass, when it comes to nutrition, supplementation, endocrinology, and biochemistry.

He is correct in that lipids will not alter the absorption of liquified amino acids. High levels of soluble and insoluble fiber might but lipids do not. Basic gastro physiology and common sense to boot.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks Bioman.

Love those Biology/Nutrition class lectures. I miss the overheads....lol. I had a NTDT 400 class that was simply called "Macronutrients"! Thats it! When I was done that class, I didn't want to ever hear about protein and/or lipids again!

:icon_lol: