Need to gain more muscle

cg123

Awards
I have been working out for a while and have gained 25 pounds but I need to gain more muscle. I was thinking of different prohormones but I am only 16 and don't want to screw up my body. What are safer supplements that I can take to gain muscle. Not basics like protein and food. I eat pleanty

ThER6KinG

ThER6KinG

Awards
  • Established
patience dude, it doesnt come over night.

creatine

protien

maybe a weight gainer

bcaa's

amino acids

heavy lifts and how many days you lifting?

cg123

Awards
I lift like 3 day splits. Chest tris. Back bis. Legs shoulders

ThER6KinG

ThER6KinG

Awards
  • Established
sometimes mixing it up a bit helps with gains after doing the same thing time after time your body adapts! how many calories are you taking in? protien intake all that

ThER6KinG

ThER6KinG

Awards
  • Established
well whats your lifting routines?

cg123

Awards
Back bis chest tris legs shoulders. I feel like my workout routine is fine. I always feel sore the next day in the muscle groups i worked and they seem pretty solid.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
try DC training awesome stuff to get some mass on you. it is a bit complex though

as for supplements basics is prolly best: creatine (try different kinds MCC, hcl, etc), leucine greatly improves protein synthesis according to studies, beta alanine very good for strength, maybe some arginine, citruline malate, alpha lipoic acid before meals, Uni liver is awesome to get some muscle there is a reason why its called the old school supplement.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
your only 16 bro. Take the basic supps. Creatine, BCAAs, multi, Fish Oil.

Train HARD and Eat your butt off.

at your age, as long as u train hard and eat as much as u can u will grow

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have been working out for a while and have gained 25 pounds but I need to gain more muscle. I was thinking of different prohormones but I am only 16 and don't want to screw up my body. What are safer supplements that I can take to gain muscle. Not basics like protein and food. I eat pleanty
Probably not what you want to hear, but the basics are the basics for a reason. Add some creatine in there with the protein and work on building a great foundation for later in life. I wish I started lifting at 16! If in ten years you want to go the PH route, then you'll know full well if it is right for you.

ThER6KinG

ThER6KinG

Awards
  • Established
try DC training awesome stuff to get some mass on you. it is a bit complex though

as for supplements basics is prolly best: creatine (try different kinds MCC, hcl, etc), leucine greatly improves protein synthesis according to studies, beta alanine very good for strength, maybe some arginine, citruline malate, alpha lipoic acid before meals, Uni liver is awesome to get some muscle there is a reason why its called the old school supplement.
Im doing DC right now!! so awesome

obvious

obvious

Awards
Probably not what you want to hear, but the basics are the basics for a reason. Add some creatine in there with the protein and work on building a great foundation for later in life. I wish I started lifting at 16! If in ten years you want to go the PH route, then you'll know full well if it is right for you.
If you need a PH in 10 years you've
definitely gone wrong somewhere.

What you need:

- a coach / mentor who can guide you
- food and lots of it
- creatine (might not even need this depending on your diet)
- sleep

That's it, dude. Get someone to help guide your training and you'll throw on muscle over time at a great rate.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So what would you recommend then?
More food. At your age you should be able to gain 1/4-1/2 lb a week easily till you hit over 200 lbs with nothing but food and exercise. No supplements are going to add anything significant to the gains at your age.

springfield12

Awards
protein, creatine, bcaa's, glutamine, etc... be patient and make sure you dont do the same exercises week after week..MUSCLE CONFUSION!

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Look up DC (ive personally never done it)
Look up 5/3/1 (i love this style)

Follow some diet tips from Jim Wendler (i use these too)
Eat a protein source at each meal
Eat a fruit or veggie at each meal
Eat a carbohydrate at each meal
Eat min of 4 meals perday
If wanting to gain, add a gallon of whole milk to your daily diet

Supps:
Multi
Protein
Creatine
Fish Oil
Beta-alanine
BCAA

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
And don't forget to have fun! It's great to start young and be disciplined, but having the metabolism of a 16 year old means you don't have to always be so strict.