What carb source do you mix your creatine with?

FATGUY

FATGUY

Awards
Hey guys, I was wondering what type of carbs do you use with your creatine. I've heard grape juice or waxy maize. What is your favorite and how much do you use with your creatine.
Thanks guys

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
I sip mine during a workout with bcaa powder and gatorade.

FATGUY

FATGUY

Awards
@JohnRock. You don't take 5 grams before and 5 grams after your work out.

ThER6KinG

ThER6KinG

Awards
  • Established
I do mine with grapejuice 10 grams on liftig days 5 grams off days

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
when bulking, I take 10g with 80g dextrose, any less and I dont really notice much of anything.

Mike

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The Powdered Gatorade because it dosen't contain High Fructose Corn Syrup.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I mix it with BCAA, Leucine, and crystal light. I usually consume 1.5 cups of oats and pop 1 slin sane on top of that.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've always just taken 1 tsp (5 grams) post-workout with whatever my shake is - typically just whey isolate when I'm cutting and either isolate + oats or isolate + oats + WMS when bulking.

TxHomeGrown

Awards
Apple Juice or whatever I have in the fridge, sometimes just a little dextrose added in water. I take mine before I workout though.

It really does not matter.

Eizbear

Eizbear

Awards
  • Established
During bulks...I take mine with COOKIE CARBS!! or a sandwhich... or anything really... Getting too fed up drinking all the supps....

While cutting.. No kCals before the workout... Just after :)

kmix1987

Awards
To be honest with you, I usually just take it with a quick shot of whatever juice I have on hand.....as long as its not orange juice....

TonyGT

TonyGT

Awards
  • Established
When I take monohydrate on days off I take 5g with grape juice.

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
8gs of Dicreatine malate Post with 25G dextrose. 2 caps KreAlk pre, 1 cap 1st thing am. I tend to run a lot, otherwise i dont notice anything from it.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been doing it for 8 years. I have tried various options, 40g dextrose, slow digesting carbs, no carbs, low carbs, high carbs, etc. what I have continued to do is the only thing that works for me.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i stay away from carbs period

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
@JohnRock. You don't take 5 grams before and 5 grams after your work out.
I like to take mine with grape juice- loved the stuff since I was a kid....it will give you the ****s if you drink too much tho, lol

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
redefined??:thinking:
lol
im super sensitive to carbs and dont like to go over 150 unless its a cheat day of some sort. i rest my case.

Orangatang

Orangatang

Awards
  • Established
Lab grade dextrose 40grams when bulking (and not eating paleo)

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
I was just reading something called the "Creatine solution" or something, which advocated mixing something like 30 grams of regular creatine monohydrate w/ 104 grams of sugar into 1 gallon and drinking throughout the day for 2 wks straight, followed by a regular 5-10 grams/day. Thought about trying it sometime

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was just reading something called the "Creatine solution" or something, which advocated mixing something like 30 grams of regular creatine monohydrate w/ 104 grams of sugar into 1 gallon and drinking throughout the day for 2 wks straight, followed by a regular 5-10 grams/day. Thought about trying it sometime
Your tub of creatine isn't gonna last long at 30 grams a day for 2 weeks.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Definitely would like to see someone log this. Personally anything more than 10g of mono would make me feel like crap.

DaJaP

DaJaP

Awards
pre WO -5g cratine + scoop of Waxy + 5g AAKG +5g BCAA
post WO - 5g creatine +scoop waxy +scoop whey