- 03-17-2011, 05:19 PM
Anyone heard of the HCG diet? It's a dumb fad diet but I was looking at the drops they use. It has aminos and vitamins in it, which is no surprise but it also says it has HCG in it. I thought this was presc. only? Anyone familiar with these drops and how much, if any, HCG is in them? It's being sold like an over the counter diet pill.
- 03-18-2011, 10:58 AM
03-18-2011, 11:24 AM
no, its justDoesn't matter how much HCG is in it, HCG isn't orally bioavailable, its a fragile protein chain that degrades easily even when refrigerated. When not refrigerated its bottled life is under a week, and even if you managed to get an oral hcg bottle within a week of manufacture your stomach acids would break it down before any effect.
03-19-2011, 01:22 AM
HCG is a prescription medication, just like testosterone, progesterone, estradiol, etc. It would be illegal for any supplement company to sell real hcg OTC. In short, the drops are a total waste.
Advanced Muscle Science/Forerunner Labs Sponsored Athlete
03-19-2011, 01:23 AM
03-19-2011, 03:43 PM
The drops are some homeopathic garbage...I wish they worked because it would make life easier. Might be the, 500 calorie/day diet is what makes people lose weight....hmm maybe.
03-21-2011, 02:39 PM
That's what I thought. Figured you guys would know. I was hoping they worked. Yeah 500 calories sounds very catabolic!
03-21-2011, 08:42 PM
My mother-in-law was telling me about this diet this past weekend and I told her it was bogus. She's buying new shampoo and toothpaste and all kind of stuff. She would not believe me for anything at all.
Similar Forum Threads
- By dirtysanchez in forum Cycle InfoReplies: 24Last Post: 06-26-2011, 01:00 PM
- By crankywanker in forum Supplement LogsReplies: 2Last Post: 05-02-2011, 12:55 PM
- By crankywanker in forum Supplement LogsReplies: 24Last Post: 05-02-2011, 12:53 PM
- By Zero V in forum AnabolicsReplies: 11Last Post: 07-30-2010, 02:37 AM
- By rampage jackson in forum Old School Hormone UseReplies: 2Last Post: 04-19-2010, 10:48 AM