Protein customizer?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.58%

Protein customizer?

I was thinking of ordering some custom protein but I wanna know: do you guys like BSL or Protein Factory (or another that I dont know about) better?

2. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.67%

I personally like BSL. I tried Protein Factory, and there wasn't anything wrong with, but i like BSL better. Maybe it was the taste? Don't remember exactly.
  3. dead sexy wino
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.2%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

BSL's flavorings are my personal favorite. I even ordered one of each of his flavor systems....really good stuff....especially the vanilla. It goes with everything.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.58%

I was just on the BSL site, whats up with that Kre-Alkalyn they sell? Any good?
  5. Superman
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.67%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I like bsl.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.28%

Quote Originally Posted by Manu20
    I like bsl.
    Thank you for the positive feedback, although I really appreciate any feedback that we get.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.28%

Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    I was just on the BSL site, whats up with that Kre-Alkalyn they sell? Any good?
    If you have questions about products or product usage, give my team an email at AMP. amp@blackstarlabs.com

Keep this in mind though. We are very restrictive of the products we will bring in. Quality, safety, and effectiveness for desired use are all considered before we make a product available through Black Star Labs. We do as much research as we can and make the most educated decision we can make. Price is a separate issue here because often times quality costs a bit more. And on top of that, we can not control what a company will charge for their product.

I think what is lost with the consumer is the byproducts and contaminents that enter products. You always see people interested to know if it is 99.9% creatine or what not. That is great and product like this is very easy to get. What is not examined for in most cases is more important in my opinion.

I mean, want a little lead in your creatine? Or how about a bit of mold? Don't mind the cyanide either. We send a representative over to the exact plant were everything is being produced, well at least for the products under our label. If this means going to Japan or China, or just over to Jersey, well then it must be done. When we go to pick up a brand, we ask around to all the people we know and who may have worked there at one time or another and get their opinion. We look for any testing that has been done and possibly do some testing of our own on top of personally using the product and getting others to test it out too.

I personally know of one major manufacturing plant in China that is a reconverted paint factory from the 70's. Lead paint was a staple then and guess what kind of dust is floating around? Doesn't take a wizard to get this one straight. And this is not the only one of this nature.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.28%

[QUOTE=zeppelin]If you have questions about products or product usage, give my team an email at AMP. amp@blackstarlabs.com

Keep this in mind though. We are very restrictive of the products we will bring in. Quality, safety, and effectiveness for desired use are all considered before we make a product available through Black Star Labs. We do as much research as we can and make the most educated decision we can make. Price is a separate issue here because often times quality costs a bit more. And on top of that, we can not control what a company will charge for their product.

I think what is lost with the consumer is the byproducts and contaminents that enter products. You always see people interested to know if it is 99.9% creatine or what not. That is great and product like this is very easy to get. What is not examined for in most cases is more important in my opinion.

I mean, want a little lead in your creatine? Or how about a bit of mold? Don't mind the cyanide either. We send a representative over to the exact plant were everything is being produced, well at least for the products under our label. If this means going to Japan or China, or just over to Jersey, well then it must be done. When we go to pick up a brand, we ask around to all the people we know and who may have worked there at one time or another and get their opinion. We look for any testing that has been done and possibly do some testing of our own on top of personally using the product and getting others to test it out too.

I personally know of one major manufacturing plant in China that is a reconverted paint factory from the 70's. Lead paint was a staple then and guess what kind of dust is floating around? Doesn't take a wizard to get this one straight. And this is not the only one of this nature.

A lot of companies now hate us because we rat them out on shady material. When a problem occurs, I notify the manafacture and see how they correct the problem. I also contact everyone that is close to me that also uses similiar raw material to make sure they are not getting it from there. I have twice had CEO's from china call be up yelling and screaming telling me that it is none of my business who they sell to and shouldn't go around giving them a bad reputation. My answer is simple, stop selling product you know is ****. Not that hard in my book.

It was funny one time with a product that was moldy. The original shipment we got in and tested had a mold count of 10,000 ppm. It should be under 100ppm to be considered acceptable. This was destroyed and the company said they tightened down production to avoid this problem. The next "corrected" shipment came in at 70,000ppm! What a ****ing joke. And this is one of the largest raw material destributors in the USA!!! Never the less, we no longer by anything from this distributor. We cut off both the in country reshipper as well as the manufacture. Absolutely nothing comes from them now. This is why we started sending someone to visit the plants. What really sealed the deal is that I personally called everyone that I knew that was using the product, and a handfull even got the same batch. I then called the manufacture and told them that companies X, Y, and Z all had the same batch. You know how fast they got on the telephones to contact the companies to not use the product? Never. Not once. They ingored the situation until the companies called them two weeks later. And even then, they acted as if they did nothing wrong.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.58%

What type of sweetener does BSL use?
  10. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.25%

you are right in regards to creatine contaminants. creatine is basically a commodity at this point, but in regards to purity, that's where the difference lies. it's not that one needs pure creatine in regards to effectiveness (even if it was only 90% pure, one would just need to take a little more), it is that the non-creatine substances are, as Zep says - BAD STUFF

will brink did a good article on this over at www.brinkzone.com

fwiw, i am VERY impressed with the quality of BSL products. Their order took a bit long to get shipped (they were apparently out of something i ordered), but the stuff is very high quality, and the flavoring IS excellent

i ordered a custom protein mix, with strawberry flavoring, and it ROCKS.

BSL is quality

Similar Forum Threads

1. 1st Order with Protein Customizer
    By tatortodd in forum Supplements
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 04-11-2006, 02:51 PM
  2. Protein Customizer
    By Sanosuke in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-25-2003, 01:10 AM
  3. Protein Customizers Egg protein
    By Iron Warrior in forum Supplements