Budget Cuts

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.
    Answers

Budget Cuts

I'm in college and on a tight budget, so I was hoping anyone could give advice, past experience, or a critique on my regiment/next supp purchase. My goal is to get my weight down to 190-192 pounds by the end of May (I don't have calipers for bf, but I know what I look like at 190lb) while maintaining or gaining strength. Again I'm on a budget so don't thrash me too bad for my diet:

Diet (morning to last meal of the day):

Casein, whey, eggwhite, and waxy maize shake with an apple for breakfast.
    Protein Bar
    Tuna (in water) whole wheat wrap and apple/jicama sticks
    Baked tilapia with vegetables or chicken, corn, brocoli, and green beans with brown rice
    Postworkout protein shake

Training (every lift/exercise at 8-12 reps x 3-4 sets):

Monday - Chest, shoulders, triceps, lats, calves
    Tuesday - Quads, hamstrings, lower back, traps, biceps
    Wednesday - Abs/plyometrics
    Thursday - Chest, shoulders, triceps, lats, calves
    Friday - Quads, hamstrings, lower back, traps, biceps
    Saturday - Recreation (volleyball, swimming, basketball)
    Sunday - Rest

Supplements:

Adam multi
    Homebrew preworkout: 5g beta alanine, 4g citruline malate, 5g creatine monohydrate, 1/2 serving Modern BCAA's
    Full serving BCAA's intra/post workout

In my cart I have GPLC and OxyElitePro. I've taken OEP before with great results and done some personal research on GPLC. Also kind of looking for that "ace in the hole" supp to top off my list. Comments? Questions? Advise? All welcome.

For you hormone meisters, I'm 22.

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  176 lbs.
    Answers

Why not do a classic EC stack if budget is an issue?

Get primatene 25mg tabs, and Caffiene pills 200mg,

Dose 1-2 (maybe 3 if you want) Real cheap

3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Orangatang View Post
    Why not do a classic EC stack if budget is an issue?

Get primatene 25mg tabs, and Caffiene pills 200mg,

Dose 1-2 (maybe 3 if you want) Real cheap
    Forgot to mention I've already got NP's geranium oil extract. Never heard of primatene though.

•   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  176 lbs.
    Answers

Well my man, Primatene is an Asthma medicene and the last way for people like you and me to get ephedrine since its ban a few years back

5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Orangatang View Post
    Well my man, Primatene is an Asthma medicene and the last way for people like you and me to get ephedrine since its ban a few years back
    Much appreciated dude.

6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  176 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zwa004 View Post
    Much appreciated dude.
    no problem man. just take it easy with the ephedrine at first to establish your reaction to it. Start with 25 a day and go from there. do not exceed like 4 weeks without taking like 4-6 weeks off to cleanse your alpha and beta receptors

7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

Keep the creatine and multi and cut the rest of your stash if budget is an issue. ECA is cheaper than OEP. Whey with oats is a money saving MRP if needed.

8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

i would like to see a more detailed structure of your routine. that may be too much work on the c,s,t,l day

9. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ambulldog View Post
    i would like to see a more detailed structure of your routine. that may be too much work on the c,s,t,l day
    Monday
    Bar bench press 4x10 (sitting calf raises 3x15 resting set)
    Dum lateral raises 3x12 (bar shrugs 3x10 resting set)
    One arm dumbell french press 4x10
    Decline bar bench press 3x10
    Bar standing row 3x10
    Explosion pushups to failure

Tuesday
    Front squat 4x10 (t-bar row 3x10 resting set)
    Romanian dead lift 3x8 (ez bar curl 4x10 resting set)
    One arm dumbell bent over row 3x10
    Leg press 3x10
    Chin ups (3 sets of one rep holding for 10 seconds)
    Dumbell lunges 3x8
    Plank holds 3x2 minutes (3x20 crunches as rest)

That's only two days, but I gotta get to my 8am. The idea is to work one group more one day (chest on Monday for example) then work the other more the next (shoulders on Thursday).

10. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior View Post
    Keep the creatine and multi and cut the rest of your stash if budget is an issue. ECA is cheaper than OEP. Whey with oats is a money saving MRP if needed.
    Thanks! I've got 1,3 DA, is that ok to use with 200mg caffeine and ephedra?

11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Answers

Your diet (as far as selections) is pretty decent for being on a budget. I, personally, wouldn't want the WMS for breakfast (I'd only opt for it post-workout, but probably not at all if you're cutting).

I don't like the idea of training muscle groups that quickly together as far as rest days between goes. If you've got that many days to dedicate to lifting, why not break the muscle groups down more? Just my two cents on it

And your supplementation looks pretty decent, too. I'd rather take the creatine post-workout, but the pre-workout looks solid otherwise (and it's fine there, too; just a preference thing). I wouldn't spend the money that GPLC costs right now if budget is an option.

And E/C is definitely awesome and dirt cheap. 200 caps of 200mg caffeiene for ~$5 if you buy online and ephedrine is cheap, too. I'd opt for the store brand, rather than the name brand and save a few bucks - no difference.

And whether it's ephedrine hcl or sulfate, you'll be fine (I've noticed no benefit to one over the other). Just go for the pack with 25mg/cap and as many caps per pack you can get (usually 60, I believe).
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve

12. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    Your diet (as far as selections) is pretty decent for being on a budget. I, personally, wouldn't want the WMS for breakfast (I'd only opt for it post-workout, but probably not at all if you're cutting).

I don't like the idea of training muscle groups that quickly together as far as rest days between goes. If you've got that many days to dedicate to lifting, why not break the muscle groups down more? Just my two cents on it

And your supplementation looks pretty decent, too. I'd rather take the creatine post-workout, but the pre-workout looks solid otherwise (and it's fine there, too; just a preference thing). I wouldn't spend the money that GPLC costs right now if budget is an option.

And E/C is definitely awesome and dirt cheap. 200 caps of 200mg caffeiene for ~$5 if you buy online and ephedrine is cheap, too. I'd opt for the store brand, rather than the name brand and save a few bucks - no difference.

And whether it's ephedrine hcl or sulfate, you'll be fine (I've noticed no benefit to one over the other). Just go for the pack with 25mg/cap and as many caps per pack you can get (usually 60, I believe).
    Used to break up muscle groups over 4 days, but hit a plateau that no supplement could break, so I started this latest regiment and my 1r.m. bench went from 245lb to 280lb in a month

13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zwa004 View Post
    Used to break up muscle groups over 4 days, but hit a plateau that no supplement could break, so I started this latest regiment and my 1r.m. bench went from 245lb to 280lb in a month
    It's all about what works for you, bro
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."

14. Advanced Member
    Answers

Get rid of the protein bars and shakes. I get all my protein from whole foods and get the same results as I did when I used to drink my protein

15. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.
    Answers

1g Vitamin C dose when you wake up works wonders for cortisol and fatloss for me.

16. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  237 lbs.
    Answers

My advice would be to find a way to make more money so you can live this lifestyle the way you want to. You ever check things like "job gigs" on Craigslist? There are people looking for people to help them with small projects or just moving something. Random off the wall **** sometimes like "Come help me move this couch for $50" If you could pull a few random gigs like this/month it would help you out a lot with groceries and the few supplements you would want to take. Just an idea

17. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Answers

Id buy more food for variety and veggies before more supps.
    And if on a budget multi, fish oil, creatine, beta-alanine, maybe bcaa should be ur staples
    For fat loss do the E/C like others said.

18. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Answers

Also your volume load is crazy. I train similar bc i do 5/3/1 and i train lifts not body parts but i still grow and develop evenly. Why would someone want to split body parts up more in the first place?

19. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    Why would someone want to split body parts up more in the first place?
    All about preference

20. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    All about preference
    I was asking from a science based point of view, but i guess it really all does just come down to preference

21. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    I was asking from a science based point of view, but i guess it really all does just come down to preference
    Not to derail things too much here, but the quick version:

I opt to hit one major muscle group per session because they're each fresh each time I hit them. They have more rest time between sessions, so more chance for growth. When I hit them, I hit them hard; but I also want as much rest as possible for recovery.

22. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Answers

alright thanks man

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Bulking on a budget
    By mytime09 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 09:27 AM