Second round of P90. What supps or diet this time?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.77%

Second round of P90. What supps or diet this time?

Hey guys this is the second round of p90, i lost 27lbs in 10 weeks. I've been off for 8-10 weeks and i've gained all but 10lbs back. After hitting the weights hard after P90 and eating what i want i've gained alot of strength back. Back at a 350lb bench. The cool thing is i'm as strong 10lbs lighter than when i started. My questions are: The first phase you only have 30g of carbs a day. When i did this i was so weak throughout the workout. Is there any way to fuel myself without excedeing the 30g a day? I tried to eat a 3-4 oz chicken tender every couple of hours. Do y'all have any suggestions. BTW, I have a ton of supps: dermacrine (topical & LV) Activate extreme, DTH, Prime, formestane. Any suggestions on the best supp to use while i'm cutting so hard? Thanks for your help!

2. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.67%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by clint3612 View Post
    Hey guys this is the second round of p90, i lost 27lbs in 10 weeks. I've been off for 8-10 weeks and i've gained all but 10lbs back. After hitting the weights hard after P90 and eating what i want i've gained alot of strength back. Back at a 350lb bench. The cool thing is i'm as strong 10lbs lighter than when i started. My questions are: The first phase you only have 30g of carbs a day. When i did this i was so weak throughout the workout. Is there any way to fuel myself without excedeing the 30g a day? I tried to eat a 3-4 oz chicken tender every couple of hours. Do y'all have any suggestions. BTW, I have a ton of supps: dermacrine (topical & LV) Activate extreme, DTH, Prime, formestane. Any suggestions on the best supp to use while i'm cutting so hard? Thanks for your help!
    first off great work so far.now onto your question bro.

I'd suggest need to build muscles gear product it'll help you make the most of the food you are eating.also our bridge will help you maintain balance during your cut.

I'm actually running a 25% off sale on all **** products and offering a free product if you use the discount code mich2925

check out my thread in the company promo section for more details

Use Mich2925 and Get a FREE Surprise

best of luck with your goal.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.57%

I have run the P90 program also and the one supplement that I wouldn't be without if I run it again is Gear from ****. It will help you get the protein you need in between meals and pre and post workout. My wife and I both use it every single day. Plus like Mich said they are running a sale until the end of the month so with the discount it is only $35. You could use nerdalert25 to save the cash..
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.95%

^^^^ Great plug for your own products. How much do **** reps get for people using their personal code?

OP - As you already have Activate Xtreme I would use this as it is great for leaning out while gaining muscle. You can add in Prime if you want to increase strength or leave it until after the next cycle of P90X. If you are only eating 30g carbs a day then some BCAAs would also help to retain muscle while cutting.

Good luck!
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.88%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

You have enough supps, use the activate and formestane together. Should be a good combo. If your looking to buy something, I'd say get some creatine, fish/krill oil and digestive enzymes.

As for your energy problem use MCT oil - medium chain triglycerides can be burned for energy like carbs.
  6. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.04%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Dude, no.. take erase! ... sorry, couldnt help it in here!

But seriously. Where are you getting your carbs from? One thing that may help you a bit is to get some slower burn carbs instead of simple so they burn slower and provide a slower steadier stream of energy. I understand the P90X is quite the brutal workout, and 30G of carbs to fuel that is quite low in my opinion and resorting back to carbs afterward possibly lead to the 17 rebound. Would you feel comfortable with changing the diet from the one provided but keep the workouts?
    The Historic PES Legend
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.36%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

PRIME is very good for maintain muscles on "cut hard" but remember this you need a good ratio between your cortisol and testosterone then your estrogen some hardocre diets affects your cortisol to the roof and down your T levels to the floor.

IMO if you go "hard" go with Activate Xtreme and (Prime 6-12 weeks) works better with time and 5 on 2 off protocol
    SNS Online Representative
    Maxximal @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

Got Glycophase ...?

8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.95%

Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Dude, no.. take erase! ... sorry, couldnt help it in here!

Seriously though Erase would be a great option but as you already have other supps it would make sense to use those first and then you can try erase in the future.
  9. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.51%

Before we get to recommending you any more supplements, what else does your diet look like? Are you going keto? Is all out weight loss your only goal?
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  10. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.51%

Quote Originally Posted by warsteiner View Post

Seriously though Erase would be a great option but as you already have other supps it would make sense to use those first and then you can try erase in the future.
    I was actually going to say erase until I saw the form. Idk what else to say, depends on goals.... Maybe bcaa?
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.77%

Yeah guys the 1 serving of carbs is very hard the first month. The second month you increase to 2 and the third month you go up to 3. Essentially, it is a keto type of diet. My real goals are to lean up 12-15 lbs in a 6-8 week time. However, i don't want to have such a huge rebound this time around. Is there a better way to lose this weight? If i'm not doing the P90 i'm hitting the weights very hard all of the time. So muscle mass and strength is no problem but when i dieting, of course it gets so freakin hard. Y'all have some sort of alternate idea on how to 10-15lbs off with losing so much strength?
  12. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.04%

Yeah guys the 1 serving of carbs is very hard the first month. The second month you increase to 2 and the third month you go up to 3. Essentially, it is a keto type of diet. My real goals are to lean up 12-15 lbs in a 6-8 week time. However, i don't want to have such a huge rebound this time around. Is there a better way to lose this weight? If i'm not doing the P90 i'm hitting the weights very hard all of the time. So muscle mass and strength is no problem but when i dieting, of course it gets so freakin hard. Y'all have some sort of alternate idea on how to 10-15lbs off with losing so much strength?
    Personally I would go for a 40/40/20 diet. Carbs/Protein/Fats. I have had great success with that ratio for leaning out while gaining muscle. Calculate your total calories and generate your needs via that.
    The Historic PES Legend
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.29%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Just go Paleo. Lean meats, vegetables, fruit, nuts, and seeds. Little to no starch, zero sugar, and no dairy.

Concentrate less on the quantity of food you're consuming (30g of carbs, for instance) and focus on the quality of food. Fresh foods, closest to their natural state with little processing. You can pretty much eat all the vegetables you want if you're looking for carbs.

Allow yourself about 2 to 4 weeks for your body to switch over to using fat as its main fuel source rather than starchy, insulin-raising carbs such as breads and grains. Stay away from legumes as well.

You'll be able to maintain your strength and energy once you make it past the adjustment period all the while experiencing a new level of leanness once you've dropped the grains.

Other than that, I'd say throw in some BCAA, Leucine, and/or Maximum Absorbed Protein (PeptoPro) by Primordial Performance. You don't need that other stuff if you're still trying to get in shape. All that is for is the last couple bodyfat percentage points. You'll be wasting your money if you're looking to lose that much weight (15 lbs). Diet can easily take care of it.

Good luck. And if you enjoy p90x, check out a CrossFit gym near you. Similar style of high intensity workouts...CF just employs a greater variety of movements and some real weights.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Jericho's HCG Diet Log! Round 2
    By Jericho22 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 06-15-2011, 12:39 AM
  2. When you take diet supps..
    By Mikey9305 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-29-2009, 12:42 PM
  3. Diet/Supps
    By LiLJaY in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-30-2009, 11:10 AM
  4. Third Time's a charm (40day cycle round 3)
    By jminis in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 03-21-2005, 10:52 AM
  5. Woot time for round 2
    By Milo Hobgoblin in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-28-2003, 01:18 PM