controlled labs new fish oil and fish burps big time

benjiman

Banned
Awards
  • Established
first let me say i love controlled labs stuff.but i do not like these fish burps at all i wish i would not have wasted my money on these i was using now and had no fish burps.but they claim no fish burps cl did but that is a lie.no i have to buy more fish oil i cant handle these fish burps as much cl stuff as i have bought my cabinet is full of there stuff i should get a 20 dollar credit for somthing else cl.this sucks

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
first let me say i love controlled labs stuff.but i do not like these fish burps at all i wish i would not have wasted my money on these i was using now and had no fish burps.but they claim no fish burps cl did but that is a lie.no i have to buy more fish oil i cant handle these fish burps as much cl stuff as i have bought my cabinet is full of there stuff i should get a 20 dollar credit for somthing else cl.this sucks
Most people recommend putting the caps in the freezer. If that doesnt work, check the bottle or the website, most supplement companies have a money back guarentee. CL might have one.

justiceTX

justiceTX

Awards
  • Established
I used to get the burps and found the best thing for me is waiting about 10 mins after a meal, then taking the pills with a full glass of water. And I also spread out my doses. Like 2 in the morning, 2 evening.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
Fish burps suck, and so does flax burps! I use NOW now and haven't had that problem since changing over.

bakerderek0

bakerderek0

Awards
  • Established
Ive never gotten fish burps. Interesting, I use sundown naturals from publix. They do give me indigestin sometimes.

hoopem6

Awards
  • Established
Take the gel capsules alongside food to eliminate the fish burps.

Xerxes

Awards
  • Established
As stated previously try storing them in the freezer. This alters the speed that the fish oil is metabolized by your body. Lowering the oils temperature reduces the speed at which the fish oil is broken down, thus limiting/reducing "fish oil burps."

Or you could try buying a brand whose capsule is coated to prevent fishy after taste and thus fish oil burps. Capsules that are coated with a protecting layer don't break down until they are further along in the digestive system, thus reducing fish oil burps.

Take your fish oil with a meal. You should take most supplements with meals, there are exceptions of course (N.O., some fat burners, etc.). By taking your fish oil with a meal, the oil mixes with the food in the digestive tract and reduces the chances of the byproducts (i.e. burps) from escaping.

benjiman

Banned
Awards
  • Established
well i have started taking them with food and i keep them in the frezzer .it has help still get them some times but not as bad.think i will stay with now from now on.but i still like a lot of cl products.there multi is a staple of mine.

Wheyfocused

Awards
  • Established
Putting the caps in the freezer is a great way to prolong shelf life as well

Jorsn

Awards
  • Established
Weird, They never gave me fish burps. Freezer trick sounds interesting.

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Honestly, I have never gotten fish burps from Controlled Lab's pills and have used them a bunch. But it seems weird their big selling point is no fish burps with them and there are lots of threads dedicated specifically for controlled labs and fishy burps.???

Wheyfocused

Awards
  • Established
Honestly, I have never gotten fish burps from Controlled Lab's pills and have used them a bunch. But it seems weird their big selling point is no fish burps with them and there are lots of threads dedicated specifically for controlled labs and fishy burps.???
In my view, the best thing about the Oximega fishoil is that it is third party tested so you know exactly what you are getting unlike many other brands

biggerthantex

biggerthantex

Awards
they actually make a fish oil that has an extra coating and it is designed not to release the oil until it is ready to be digested. So no burps.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Most people recommend putting the caps in the freezer. If that doesnt work, check the bottle or the website, most supplement companies have a money back guarentee. CL might have one.
I was going to recommend that as well, but I know Omega 3's are really unstable, would freezing them damage the omega 3's? :think:

If they are enteric coated then they shouldnt be giving you fishy burps...

Wheyfocused

Awards
  • Established
I was going to recommend that as well, but I know Omega 3's are really unstable, would freezing them damage the omega 3's? :think:

If they are enteric coated then they shouldnt be giving you fishy burps...
No, freezing them will not cause a problem