Leucic Acid

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
An advance form of leucine and nobody has anything? This is from the labrada write up:

* Create explosive gains in muscle and strength faster than ever before, without the negative side effects of steroids or prohormones
* Rapidly accelerate recovery from workouts, so you can train more often.
* Reduce DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) allowing you to train harder.
* 1 Month Supply - Assorted Flavors (Watermelon, Orange, Fruit & Lime)

Description
HICA-MAX™ is a powerful non-hormonal, natural stimulator of *muscle growth.HICA-MAX™ chewables contain 100% pharmaceutical grade leucic acid, also known as alpha-hydroxy-isocaproic acid (HICA), a natural metabolite of the branched chain amino acid, leucine.

HICA-MAX™ works by increasing protein synthesis (anabolism), and decreasing muscle protein breakdown (catabolism.) Its mechanism of action has been suggested as an independent mTOR signal transducer, which is a “cell-signaler” for muscle protein synthesis. Leucic acid also interrupts muscle protein breakdown by activating nuclear factor kappa B and inhibiting caspase-8. It may also activate IGF-1, a growth factor that helps age-related decreases in your body’s growth hormone output.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
this shoulds like leucine without the nitrogen?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks like they're trying to rehash old HMB marketing. With the extremely low price of leucine, I'd just stick with that. Proven and effective.

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It was first introduced in Muscletech's Prototpye alpha amino supplement, but know one knew what it was back then. The science behind is interesting and im always interested in amino acids.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There isn't much information out about Leucic Acid :think:
Maybe I'd have to give it a go around and see what it is all about... :) Sounds good though :D

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
There isn't much information out about Leucic Acid :think:
Maybe I'd have to give it a go around and see what it is all about... :) Sounds good though :D
Is this Labrada's new HICA MAX?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is this Labrada's new HICA MAX?
Yup. What's up O ;)

I am with Rodja. If there's Leucine, why do we need HMB or HICA (alpha-hydroxy-isocaproic acid)?

I DO understand the need for BCAA's aside from just consuming Protein but breaking things down further than the BCAA's? Seems like a waste.

Leucine is already king of all the aminos for anti-catabolic and anabolic effects (mainly die to insulin release).

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah Ive tried this hicca max. They're chewable and taste is ok. I haven't really noticed anything special though

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I already started a thread on here. Do a search and you will find more information there.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
What about bulk leucine peptides? Better than straight leucine? I saw them being sold by the pound on a site that specializes in custom protein mixes.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
What about bulk leucine peptides? Better than straight leucine? I saw them being sold by the pound on a site that specializes in custom protein mixes.
As far as I'm concerned, 3g Leucine stimulates MAXIMUM MPS. What else do you want? :)

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I thought the real difference was this metabolite of leucine is created in very small amounts within your body, and you'd have to take boatloads of leucine to generate the amount required of leucic acid. It's similar to the 7-oxo DHEA metabolite in PES' Erase, you'd have to take LOTS of 7-oxo to generate a small amount of that 3,7 metabolite.

That being said, I don't know if leucic acid does anything special that would be worth having in higher concentrations. I know what Leucine does, but I'm not so clear on what Leucic Acid does. With more study, perhaps it could be promising, but too early to tell. In cases like this, I err on the side of sticking with what's known (i.e., BCAA).

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I thought the real difference was this metabolite of leucine is created in very small amounts within your body, and you'd have to take boatloads of leucine to generate the amount required of leucic acid. It's similar to the 7-oxo DHEA metabolite in PES' Erase, you'd have to take LOTS of 7-oxo to generate a small amount of that 3,7 metabolite.

That being said, I don't know if leucic acid does anything special that would be worth having in higher concentrations. I know what Leucine does, but I'm not so clear on what Leucic Acid does. With more study, perhaps it could be promising, but too early to tell. In cases like this, I err on the side of sticking with what's known (i.e., BCAA).
:goodpost:

danetanner

Awards
Go to ironmanmagazine.com/hica/ - apparently from the test of 4 weeks( Fifteen healthy male soccer players, aged 22, took part in a four-week double-blind study) they concluded that it does build muscle and reduce DOMs.