Vibration Plates - Total Scam??

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
reminds me of those 1950's massage belts.

YouTube - Samson Massage A Belt Spa Exercise Machine Weight Loss!

YouTube - Super Belt Massager

Surprisingly the still make these. Go figure... maybe it does have something to do with increased blood flow to fatty areas?

I'd like to see the science behind this statement- "Many people use vibration plates for body building and strengthening their muscles, allowing a 1 hour work out to be condensed into 10 minutes. The higher the vibration setting, the harder your muscles have to work to carry out the exercise routine you are carrying out."

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agreed. They've been out for about 2 years now. Ladies at the gym swear by them and cite noticeable fat loss and improved sleep. :confused:

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Agreed. They've been out for about 2 years now. Ladies at the gym swear by them and cite noticeable fat loss and improved sleep. :confused:
Do the ladies look any better to you? ;) Is it the only thing they've added or have they just started dieting better too? Makes me think it might be placebo effect but who knows maybe there's someone here who's has some science on it.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, you figure it does end up recruiting most of your core muscles as you try to stay still, as that is your body's natural response to vibration. Iffy as to whether its even as good as a bike, but then this would tend to feel like less effort too

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The ones I see now where people just stand on them seem to be useless in my opinion. But the ones where they are just a square platform with vibrations that you can use for a base for weight lifting has alot of benefit.

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
Probably have benefit foir athletes wanting to train stabilzing muscles (i.e. doing press ups or squats on vibe plates etc) but for fat loss, nah.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Well, you figure it does end up recruiting most of your core muscles as you try to stay still, as that is your body's natural response to vibration. Iffy as to whether its even as good as a bike, but then this would tend to feel like less effort too
From my experience usually less effort = less rewards but there are always exceptions... just don't thnk this is one personally.

The ones I see now where people just stand on them seem to be useless in my opinion. But the ones where they are just a square platform with vibrations that you can use for a base for weight lifting has alot of benefit.
Any studies you know of? Genuinely curious.Would they help your body recruit more muscle fibers? That would be cool.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
From my experience usually less effort = less rewards but there are always exceptions... just don't thnk this is one personally.

Any studies you know of? Genuinely curious.Would they help your body recruit more muscle fibers? That would be cool.
No, no studies off hand. Just knowledge of stabilizer muscle recruitment. if I run accross one though I will shoot it your way.