Agmatine

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Agmatine

Anyone ever try this supplement and is any better than arginine

2. its supposedly better but man did it give me the sh#ts, and bad. id go with gplc before this
    •   

3. I've used both GPLC and Agmatine and both feel different to me. Agmatine is good stuff though. I like it at 1000mg a day the best. 500mg pre and 500mg post good pumps and recovery.

Never had the squirts from it either, just to show the other side of the coin.

Genomyx Protocol V2 and SNS bulk Agmatine caps would make an excellent stack.

4. It's in quite a few products.
    I'd try either Protocol, Maximize V2, or SNS Agmatine.

Works very well at producing phenomenal pumps and I never had ANY stomach issues with this one.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Bnatural View Post
    It's in quite a few products.
    I'd try either Protocol, Maximize V2, or SNS Agmatine.

Works very well at producing phenomenal pumps and I never had ANY stomach issues with this one.
    Agmatine is an interesting compound- but it does block NMDA receptor activity, so it is a no-go with DAA products:
    Neurosci Res. 2005 Aug;52(4):387-92.

Effect of agmatine on heteromeric N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor channels.
    Askalany AR, Yamakura T, Petrenko AB, Kohno T, Sakimura K, Baba H.

Division of Anesthesiology, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata 951-8510, Japan.

Abstract
    Endogenous polyamines like spermine are known to have four distinct effects on recombinant N-methyl-d-aspartate (NMDA) receptor channels: voltage-dependent inhibition, glycine-dependent stimulation, glycine-independent stimulation and decreased affinity to the agonist (l-glutamate). These effects are highly dependent on the constituting epsilon subunits (epsilon1-epsilon4) of the recombinant NMDA receptor channels. Agmatine reportedly inhibits native NMDA receptor channels in cultured hippocampal neurons. In the present investigation, the effects of agmatine on the epsilon/zeta heteromeric NMDA receptor channels expressed in Xenopus laevis oocytes were examined using the two-electrode voltage clamp method. Agmatine inhibited the four epsilon/zeta (epsilon1/zeta1, epsilon2/zeta1, epsilon3/zeta1 and epsilon4/zeta1) channels with similar sensitivity (an IC50 value of about 300microM at -70mV). This effect was dependent on the membrane potential and was more pronounced at hyperpolarized membrane potentials (voltage-dependent inhibition). Agmatine did not exhibit other stimulatory (glycine-dependent and -independent effects) or inhibitory (decreased affinity to l-glutamate) effects. These properties are similar to the pharmacological profile of well-characterized NMDA receptor channel blockers like phencyclidine and ketamine. Thus, regarding the effects on the NMDA receptor channels, agmatine is not like other endogenous polyamines rather it acts as a channel blocker.

It does have some positive effects on GH and in some other areas- something to look into.....
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
    •   

6. interesting excerpt...

7. Quote Originally Posted by Bnatural View Post
    interesting excerpt...
    Other than not going well with DAA- agmatine has some potentially very interesting physique-enhancement qualities
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals

8. Quote Originally Posted by nobel252 View Post
    Anyone ever try this supplement and is any better than arginine
    I really enjoyed it... 500mg seemed to definitely be enough. I've used it on and off on upper-body days for months. Arginine has never once elicited a noticeable volumization effect as far as I can tell. The one and only old-school arginine based supplement that ever worked for me was Plasmajet. Now, I really don't have a dependable go-to pump product, aside from carbs with a good GDA like Need to Slin or Recompadrol, and agmatine works well on concert with other additives.

9. Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    Agmatine is an interesting compound- but it does block NMDA receptor activity, so it is a no-go with DAA products:
    Neurosci Res. 2005 Aug;52(4):387-92.

Effect of agmatine on heteromeric N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor channels.
    Askalany AR, Yamakura T, Petrenko AB, Kohno T, Sakimura K, Baba H.

Division of Anesthesiology, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata 951-8510, Japan.

Abstract
    Endogenous polyamines like spermine are known to have four distinct effects on recombinant N-methyl-d-aspartate (NMDA) receptor channels: voltage-dependent inhibition, glycine-dependent stimulation, glycine-independent stimulation and decreased affinity to the agonist (l-glutamate). These effects are highly dependent on the constituting epsilon subunits (epsilon1-epsilon4) of the recombinant NMDA receptor channels. Agmatine reportedly inhibits native NMDA receptor channels in cultured hippocampal neurons. In the present investigation, the effects of agmatine on the epsilon/zeta heteromeric NMDA receptor channels expressed in Xenopus laevis oocytes were examined using the two-electrode voltage clamp method. Agmatine inhibited the four epsilon/zeta (epsilon1/zeta1, epsilon2/zeta1, epsilon3/zeta1 and epsilon4/zeta1) channels with similar sensitivity (an IC50 value of about 300microM at -70mV). This effect was dependent on the membrane potential and was more pronounced at hyperpolarized membrane potentials (voltage-dependent inhibition). Agmatine did not exhibit other stimulatory (glycine-dependent and -independent effects) or inhibitory (decreased affinity to l-glutamate) effects. These properties are similar to the pharmacological profile of well-characterized NMDA receptor channel blockers like phencyclidine and ketamine. Thus, regarding the effects on the NMDA receptor channels, agmatine is not like other endogenous polyamines rather it acts as a channel blocker.

It does have some positive effects on GH and in some other areas- something to look into.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Bnatural View Post
    interesting excerpt...
    uh oh . . . .http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/s...1-1-units.html
    -OMEGA RecoverBro-
    When an omega male is born it's game over

10. Sweet Deal!!!!

11. Quote Originally Posted by Uziel View Post
    Sweet Deal!!!!
    sure is, just dont stack 'em!
    -OMEGA RecoverBro-
    When an omega male is born it's game over

12. CELTIC LABS REP

13. i luv this stuff .. take 1000mg 45-1hr pre workout .. luv this stuff

14. Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    Other than not going well with DAA- agmatine has some potentially very interesting physique-enhancement qualities
    oh most definitely, I was just unaware of the daa issue.

15. You guys are tempting me to try it, just curious if its worth the cost compared to what else i could get for the same price
    CELTIC LABS REP

16. Quote Originally Posted by tnubs View Post
    You guys are tempting me to try it, just curious if its worth the cost compared to what else i could get for the same price
    It's in hemavol and I had great pumps... For what it's worth

17. Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    It's in hemavol and I had great pumps... For what it's worth
    yea i tried a sample of hemavol when it was fresh on the market and enjoyed it but theres too many other ingredients to be able to tell how well the agmatine works solo :-/
    CELTIC LABS REP

18. Quote Originally Posted by tnubs View Post
    yea i tried a sample of hemavol when it was fresh on the market and enjoyed it but theres too many other ingredients to be able to tell how well the agmatine works solo :-/
    Hmhh send me a PM , ill get u some solo agmatine caps and u compare it

19. Has there been a consensus about whether or not 1g works vastly better than 500mg?

20. Quote Originally Posted by Outstanding View Post
    Has there been a consensus about whether or not 1g works vastly better than 500mg?
    rarely is there ever a consensus on anything.but dinoii seems to have put the most research into it with MAN"S blueprint, and 1 gm is the rec dose.
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

21. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    rarely is there ever a consensus on anything.but dinoii seems to have put the most research into it with MAN"S blueprint, and 1 gm is the rec dose.
    Mucho Gracias.

22. Quote Originally Posted by tnubs View Post
    hehe, i guess they didnt see that article

23. yea i dose 750mg-1g .. perfect dose

24. I would create a little pre-workout ****tail

Citrulline Malate 3g
    Creatine Nitrate 1000mg
    Agmatine 1000mg
    Beta-Alanine 2g
    Glucuronolactone 1g
    LCLT 1g

25. Quote Originally Posted by Bnatural View Post
    I would create a little pre-workout ****tail

Citrulline Malate 3g
    Creatine Nitrate 1000mg
    Agmatine 1000mg
    Beta-Alanine 2g
    Glucuronolactone 1g
    LCLT 1g
    Thats an awesome mix man. Throw in EndoAmp and I think I'll give this stack a try

26. i had no idea DAA shouldn't be used w/ agmatine? im using DAA now and i literally just bought some agmatine and was going to be using it tomorrow. glad i read the thread.
    after stopping the DAA how long should i wait to use it?

27. I enjoyed Amgatine, its got a tremendous amount of health benefits as well. I would try Focus XT/Agamtine or Protocol/Agmatine as mentioned.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!

28. MAN combines DAA and Amgatine in there formula. They are pretty smart people where supplements are concerned.

Agmatine
    Like Huperzine A, Agmatine is also believed to be able to prevent the highly unlikely event of D-Aspartic Acid induced neuro-toxicity. In short, Agmatine is believed to do so by preventing over-excitation of NMDA receptors and reversing the levels of activation.

The important thing to distinguish here is that exogenous application of Agmatine and D-Aspartic acid work on different mechanisms for the NMDA receptor, so regardless of one being an antagonist and the other an agonist, they do not overlap. Exogenous D-aspartic acid application utilizes the R-type VGCCs and none of the others, while exogenous Agmatine is said to use the L-type VGCCs and shows no signs of inhibition of the R-type VGCCs. Exogenous application of Agmatine will enhance its regulatory role in the body so that in higher levels of NMDA receptor activation, it will inhibit the receptor from higher glutamate release (so over-excitation leading to potential neuro-toxicity) by inhibiting the receptor.

29. Quote Originally Posted by Potatobake View Post
    i had no idea DAA shouldn't be used w/ agmatine? im using DAA now and i literally just bought some agmatine and was going to be using it tomorrow. glad i read the thread.
    after stopping the DAA how long should i wait to use it?
    Huh? Use the DAA with agmatine! They are actually better when combined!

30. Quote Originally Posted by Potatobake View Post
    i had no idea DAA shouldn't be used w/ agmatine? im using DAA now and i literally just bought some agmatine and was going to be using it tomorrow. glad i read the thread.after stopping the DAA how long should i wait to use it?
    I've done the stack w/ great results .. I've read the article as well .. IonoThere's a good log going on .. Pm me for a link
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. agmatine
    By thebigt in forum Supplements
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 02-11-2011, 06:04 PM
  2. Agmatine or GPLC
    By zwa004 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-19-2010, 12:09 PM
  3. Agmatine?
    By MrBrightside in forum Supplements