1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.32%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Does Cissus help tendonitis?

I have tendonitis in my elbow from pitching, and was wondering if Cissus will help i know its a a terrific product for joint relief and wanted to make sure it is infact the best product for tendonitis along with ice and heating.

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.25%

i ate that stuff by the handfulls and it did nothing for my quadriceps tendonitis.
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.25%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot903 View Post
    I have tendonitis in my elbow from pitching, and was wondering if Cissus will help i know its a a terrific product for joint relief and wanted to make sure it is infact the best product for tendonitis along with ice and heating.
    I have tendonitis in my foot and I can feel a big difference when I'm on and off cissus, it def helps decrease flare ups from happening, it's a great product, best usp labs product imo.
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.35%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I've been recently diagnosed with moderate to severe tendonitis in my elbow and have been taking it for the past month and don't notice anything yet. But they do say it takes a couple of months to feel the difference so we'll see.
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.05%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Yes, and no, it seems hit and miss for many. For those it does work on the effects subside after cessation in other words it's not a cure.

6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.65%

I agree with the above, it definitely tends to be hit or miss. We have people rave about our Cissus product Osteosport and how it worked wonders for them, but also some who say it didn't really help as much as they would've like it to.

In the end, the best thing is to se for yourself.
    - Join Me: Tex89 M-Sten RX Log... Dicing that iron -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/222790-tex89s-msten-rx.html
  7. Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.21%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

It can be very useful for tendontis but may not work the same for all. I would also look into some Topical Celadrin ( there are actual studies on its effectiveness)

Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    snsgamers.com
  8. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.76%
    Achievements Posting Pro

When USP came out with the og Cissus Rx, I was having debilitating elbow tendonitis. I had actually stopped going to the gym, which is highly rare for me. So I decided to give it a shot. It was miraculous-- 100% effective, got me back in the gym.
    Then a couple years later, the problem resurfaced. USP had the new Super Cissus by then, so I bought some. It helped, but not nearly as much as the original stuff. I have no idea why.
    What I've learned about tendonitis is this: it's simply from overuse. You should take some time off to recover, and you must adjust your routines accordingly. For instance, I used to work back and biceps on the same day. Now I've actually split it into 3 different days: pullups/pulldowns on the same day I do shoulder presses; rowing movements on the same day I do bench presses; and biceps on my leg day. So I'm doing the same amount of work with my biceps, but it's spread over 3 days instead of 1. This helps immensely. Good luck.
    mw2012
  9. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.62%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ImJ2x View Post
    When USP came out with the og Cissus Rx, I was having debilitating elbow tendonitis. I had actually stopped going to the gym, which is highly rare for me. So I decided to give it a shot. It was miraculous-- 100% effective, got me back in the gym.
    Then a couple years later, the problem resurfaced. USP had the new Super Cissus by then, so I bought some. It helped, but not nearly as much as the original stuff. I have no idea why.
    What I've learned about tendonitis is this: it's simply from overuse. You should take some time off to recover, and you must adjust your routines accordingly. For instance, I used to work back and biceps on the same day. Now I've actually split it into 3 different days: pullups/pulldowns on the same day I do shoulder presses; rowing movements on the same day I do bench presses; and biceps on my leg day. So I'm doing the same amount of work with my biceps, but it's spread over 3 days instead of 1. This helps immensely. Good luck.

Agreed. Good advice. I had it real bad in my right elbow a few years ago. Couldn't do any of the free weight tricep exercises I used to always do without extreme pain. So I just made a mental note of all the exercises i did on a regular basis that caused pain, and just worked around them and supplemented other exercises in place of them.

After about 6 months or maybe a little longer it went away. And I have been back to doing the heavy free weight exercises for a while now.

Intersestingly enough, I WAS on cissus the whole time. It's a staple of mine.
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.05%

Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    It can be very useful for tendontis but may not work the same of rall. I would also look into some Topical Celadrin ( there are actual studies on its effectiveness)
    Celadrin is great stuff imo

11. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.76%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliThaDon View Post
    Agreed. Good advice. I had it real bad in my right elbow a few years ago. Couldn't do any of the free weight tricep exercises I used to always do without extreme pain. So I just made a mental note of all the exercises i did on a regular basis that caused pain, and just worked around them and supplemented other exercises in place of them.

After about 6 months or maybe a little longer it went away. And I have been back to doing the heavy free weight exercises for a while now.

Intersestingly enough, I WAS on cissus the whole time. It's a staple of mine.
    The human body is an amazing machine. At my age, with the injuries I've endured over just the last 2 years (strains/tears in my shoulder, upper back, neck, hip), I'm surprised I've healed so well. I'm pretty much pain-free and at 100% right now. Your body will tell you what it needs. Just learn to listen.
    mw2012
  12. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.79%

try OsteoSport. you will see results within a few days. u can buy the 25ct bottle to see if u like it before u buy the big bottle. PM me
  13. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  119 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.42%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Cissus has definitely helped relieve many of my joint issues, and the effects are noticeable within 2-3 days of starting usage of it. However, I have to dose extremely high to notice effects, and once I stop using it, my joint issues return, since it only relieves the symptoms and does not treat the cause. That's just me, though, and as has been reiterated throughout this thread, everyone is different, and therefore will have different experiences with the same product.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  14. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.79%

good post rosie
  15. Handsome and intelligent
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.97%

I have tried USP labs original Cissus RX, another company brand's cissus and a generic bulk powder cissus from the UK. The only one that did anything to help my bad shoulder was USP's.
    The Driven Blog
    Follow DS on Facebook and Twitter!

Craze™ is NOW AVAILABLE!
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.32%
    Achievements Posting Pro

So after reading over this looks like its hit or miss and as rosie said it masks the pain doesn't heal it, only thing that can really heal it is rest which isnt an option for me so looks like i'll mask the pain with cissus for a while see if it works then try something else since i already have Super Cissus RX en route for delivery today.
  17. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'4"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.89%

So after reading over this looks like its hit or miss and as rosie said it masks the pain doesn't heal it, only thing that can really heal it is rest which isnt an option for me so looks like i'll mask the pain with cissus for a while see if it works then try something else since i already have Super Cissus RX en route for delivery today.
    DON'T BE SHY, MEGA DOSE THAT STUFF, IT SHOULD WORK IF YOU TAKE ALOT!
    for while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come 1 Tim 4:8
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.32%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I was thinking of taking 3-4 pills a day to start of and see how it helps me then up the dosage if needed.
  19. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.62%

I'd be interested to know if any of you guys who have mega dosed it ever got the supposed "cissus pump" Personally I've never mega dosed it, I take two a day, one in the am and one at night just for overall joint health.
  20. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.76%
    Achievements Posting Pro

You said you're a pitcher (I played ss, so I'm no expert). Spring Training is just starting. Were you throwing alot in the off season to get this tendonitis? If so, this is gonna be a looong year for you, bro-- I feel your pain. Is it only certain pitches that aggravate it? Have you had any smart guys look over your motion? Have you considered playing first base? JK, lol.
    Anyway, try the cissus, ice the crap out of it, and don't throw anymore than you have to. Good luck.
    mw2012

Similar Forum Threads

1. Which Cissus to get? Super Cissus Rx or NP Cissus Caps 50%
    By silverSurfer in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-02-2008, 04:23 PM
  2. Super Cissus Rx and Tendonitis
    By beric83 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-08-2007, 12:15 AM
  3. Could Cissus RX help Tendonitis?
    By Hot Sauce in forum Supplements