Ginseng, nettle root, and DAA

jewkeenda

jewkeenda

Awards
I'm trying to figure out whether stacking ginseng with nettle root and DAA would be a good idea or not.

To tell you the truth about why I use ginseng, I used to be a heavy stim user for a while until my receptors got demolished to a point where it caused sinusitis, and even drinking small amount of coffee would trigger sinus congestion. So I did some research and found out that ginseng is great for overall recovery including worn down receptors. The results of using ginseng were great but I still need some more energy. I tried DAA and Divanex before, and they gave me a decent boost in overall energy. However, I hear that ginseng is an adaptogen and may stabilize hormone levels.

So my main concern is that maybe ginseng will cancel out the testosterone boosting effects of DAA and Divanil. What do you guys think?

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm trying to figure out whether stacking ginseng with nettle root and DAA would be a good idea or not.

To tell you the truth about why I use ginseng, I used to be a heavy stim user for a while until my receptors got demolished to a point where it caused sinusitis, and even drinking small amount of coffee would trigger sinus congestion. So I did some research and found out that ginseng is great for overall recovery including worn down receptors. The results of using ginseng were great but I still need some more energy. I tried DAA and Divanex before, and they gave me a decent boost in overall energy. However, I hear that ginseng is an adaptogen and may stabilize hormone levels.

So my main concern is that maybe ginseng will cancel out the testosterone boosting effects of DAA and Divanil. What do you guys think?
I don't think the ginseng would hurt, but it may not do that much for test levels either way:

J Strength Cond Res. 2002 May;16(2):179-83.

Effects of ginseng ingestion on growth hormone, testosterone, cortisol, and insulin-like growth factor 1 responses to acute resistance exercise.
Youl Kang H, Hwan Kim S, Jun Lee W, Byrne HK.

Department of Physical Education, Kyungpook National University, Taegu, 702-701, Korea.

Abstract
Ginseng, an herbal plant, has been ingested by many athletes in Oriental regions of the world in order to improve stamina and to facilitate rapid recovery from injuries. However, adequate investigation has not been conducted to examine the ergogenic effects of ginseng. To examine the effects of ginseng supplements on hormonal status following acute resistance exercise, eight male college students were randomly given water (control; CON) or 20 g of ginseng root extract (GIN) treatment immediately after a standardized exercise bout. Venous blood samples were drawn before and immediately after exercise and at 4 time points during a 2-hour recovery period. Human growth hormone, testosterone, cortisol, and insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) levels were determined by radioimmunoassay. The responses of plasma hormones following ginseng consumption were not significant between CON and GIN treatments during the 2-hour recovery period. These results do not support the use of ginseng to promote an anabolic hormonal status following resistance exercise.

Be really careful with DAA and Divanyl- DAA will increase PRL and E, and Divanyl will decrease SHBG, which will increase free T levels, but also could theoretically increase levels of E as well. I would recommend also taking something that inhibits PRL (something containing P-5-P or L-Dopa), something for methylation (TMG, B-12, Folate), and something that inhibits E- Free Test or Erase will do a really great job of this.....this will help minimize the potential sides from the stack. It should work well from a test and GH-boosting standpoint, even w/o the add-ons

jewkeenda

jewkeenda

Awards
Be really careful with DAA and Divanyl- DAA will increase PRL and E, and Divanyl will decrease SHBG, which will increase free T levels, but also could theoretically increase levels of E as well. I would recommend also taking something that inhibits PRL (something containing P-5-P or L-Dopa), something for methylation (TMG, B-12, Folate), and something that inhibits E- Free Test or Erase will do a really great job of this.....this will help minimize the potential sides from the stack. It should work well from a test and GH-boosting standpoint, even w/o the add-ons
Thanks for the reply. Do you mind answering 2 more questions?

1. I am a big fan of nootropics and use sulbutiamine. On the nootropics forum I use, sulbutimaine is in the same category as l-dopa - Dopaminergics. So I was wondering if sulbutiamine would have the same benefit of blocking PRL as l-dopa does.

2. I take ADAM(multivitamin) and Resveratrol, so I know i got the methylation part covered but is Resveratrol(Sam's club brand) enough to normalize the increased level of E from both Divanil AND DAA?

Dead Shark

Dead Shark

Awards
Jewkeenda,

I am currently using a ginseng 25x extract and it really gets me going - lots of energy. I was wondering why no one else used it. I have to be very careful with stims as I have PSVT - but no issues so far with the extract. No jitters like caffeine and no crash - a clean clear-headed stim. I'm also on DAA/Triazole/Activate and no issues with increased E (as far as I can tell - no bloodwork). So far (approx 2 months), I've lost about 15 pounds of fat while using. Not to mention - it's cheap. The only drawback so far is the taste - extremely bitter.

If it's okay with the board sponsors I'll post my source if anyone's interested.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Beau Supplements 8
Supplements 15
Supplements 3
u_e_s_i Supplements 7
AdelV Supplements 10