waxy maize

supershah

supershah

Awards
is waxy maize good to take, especially as postworkout carbo in a PRECONTEST diet ??

bakerderek0

bakerderek0

Awards
  • Established
Some are saying waxy maize is BS with no studies to prove it's effectiveness. I would use dextrose on precontest.

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
Eat balanced diet with complex carbs during the day and WM is not necessary.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
It's just a simple carb. If you do some research you see that the insulin curve is almost exactly the same as for pure sugar.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I prefer dextrose, waxy maize always leaves me bloated and feeling like crap. Dextrose goes down easy, doesn't affect my stomach, makes my muscles full, and blows up my vascularity. We are all different though.

rojasdave

rojasdave

Awards
critical, would it be okay to take dextrose during a cut? i have waxy maize, but im going to be counting macros and i prefer to have natural carbs post meal so i was thinking od using dextrose. its sugar right?

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ive heard research saying that a fast carb postworkout isnt even necessary. The stress of the workout is enough to raise insulin levels.

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
Just drink a high quality protein after your workout and you will be fine.

sking6464

sking6464

Awards
  • Established
ive heard research saying that a fast carb postworkout isnt even necessary. The stress of the workout is enough to raise insulin levels.
iv read similar stuff, but using map + ibcaa, the taste isnt the best...iv been adding a small amount of gatorade to it lately (approx 15g carbs), it helps the taste lot....and i feel a difference pre and post workout with regards to pumps, muscle fullness, a bit bet endurance......im a carb guy....simple sugars post workout works very well

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
iv read similar stuff, but using map + ibcaa, the taste isnt the best...iv been adding a small amount of gatorade to it lately (approx 15g carbs), it helps the taste lot....and i feel a difference pre and post workout with regards to pumps, muscle fullness, a bit bet endurance......im a carb guy....simple sugars post workout works very well
Agreed, I do this post workout: map, ibcaa's, gatorade powder, wazy maize. Wait 30 minutes or so then whey and complex carbs, treats me well on a lean bulk diet. As far as precontest goes I would assume unless you are very close to competition time, it may be a fair time to experiment and see what kind of carbs fill you up and looking full vs which carbs bloat you and leave you full of water and blur the definition, just my thoughts on this.