best pre workout stimulant?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.85%

best pre workout stimulant?

done redline by vpx, and just finished oxyelite pro , what are the best stimulants pre w/o in ur opinion, i never really used for the fat burn effect, just the stimulant effect

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.22%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by FRANKCASTLE View Post
    done redline by vpx, and just finished oxyelite pro , what are the best stimulants pre w/o in ur opinion, i never really used for the fat burn effect, just the stimulant effect
    2-3 cups of grapefruit juice and ECA! Most people don't understand the effects of GF juice as a potentiator.

ECA + GF juice = HULK on crack in the gym for me!
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  267 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

If im not using oep ill just opt for gplc. It has a stim like effect on me.
    Primordial Performance
    ( at heart )
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.42%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I'd give maximize v.2 a look; it is pretty strong at what it is designed to do and has gotten great reviews. Most people don't even need a full serving and it is not to expensive. Just something to look into.

Mike
  5. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.6%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I was a real stim junkie for a while...
    Honestly nothing beat Geranium for just "everyday stuff". Stuff is bonkers in large doses

But a moderate dose of that stuff + the gym routine had my heart racing to the point of anxiety.

I still say natural stuff like B12s, tyrosine, caffeine.
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.73%

jack3d
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  189 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.32%

sometimes i dont want to drink a preworkout drink and I love my Anabolic Rehab so Anabolic Impac is perfect for me. 6 pills/20-30min before I go to the gym and im ready to move some weights!
  8. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.08%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

the ORIGINAL NO Shotgun....too bad they dont make the original anymore......if your looking for a "wired" feeling, try RPM.
  9. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by FRANKCASTLE View Post
    BLACK CATS by Applied Nutriceuticals if you just want the stim effect.
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.8%

Pure stim? RPM

An effective PWO that will do something for you? Animal Pump or LIT-up
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.23%

I like Lit-UP not a strong stim but great focus and strength. But then again Mesomorph is amazing stuff for the stim.
  12. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.44%

1) Mesomorph - far and away the best PWO that I've ever used. Way more than a simple stim based PWO.
    2) Maximize V2 - strongest stim base in a PWO in my opinion.
    3) LIT UP - not the strongest stim based PWO, but the focus you get from the product more than makes up for it.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.19%

1MR great stimulant! I have used tons and this is the most stimulating for me.
    I would only use one scoop as reccomended. I did 2 once and my skin was crawling for 12 hours. Second would be Jack or Gakic.
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.85%

Quote Originally Posted by ken22 View Post
    I would only use one scoop as reccomended. I did 2 once and my skin was crawling for 12 hours. Second would be Jack or Gakic.
    2 scoops of 1MR?? Isn't that like 600mg of caffeine?
  15. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.77%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ken22 View Post
    I have heard from several people that the newer batches don't have close to the same "feel" and many think it was "reformulated".

Maximize V2 and Purus Muscle Marinade are my go to Intense Preworkouts. Nothing comes close. Plus full ingredients of other goodies.

I was impressed with Superpump Maxx at 2 scoops but its very mild and not a kick in the face style.
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net
  16. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.56%

Quote Originally Posted by kanakafarian View Post
    2-3 cups of grapefruit juice and ECA! Most people don't understand the effects of GF juice as a potentiator.

ECA + GF juice = HULK on crack in the gym for me!
    That's why we put naringin (citrus paradisi) in a lot of our products- it is the chemical that allows GF juice to act as a CYP-450 inhibitor:

Biol Pharm Bull. 2008 May;31(5):925-30.

Comparative evaluation of 12 immature citrus fruit extracts for the inhibition of cytochrome P450 isoform activities.
    Fujita T, Kawase A, Niwa T, Tomohiro N, Masuda M, Matsuda H, Iwaki M.

School of Pharmacy, Kinki University, 3-4-1 Kowakae, Higashi-osaka, Osaka 577-8502, Japan.

Abstract
    In a previous study we found that 50% ethanol extracts of immature fruits of Citrus unshiu (satsuma mandarin) have anti-allergic effects against the Type I, II and IV allergic reactions. However, many adverse interactions between citrus fruit, especially grapefruit juice, and drugs have been reported due to the inhibition of cytochrome P450 (CYP) activities. The purpose of this study was to examine the competitive inhibitory effects of extracts from immature citrus fruit on CYP activity. Extracts were prepared from 12 citrus species or cultivars, and were tested against three kinds of major CYPs, CYP2C9, CYP2D6 and CYP3A4, in human liver microsomes. We also estimated the amounts of flavonoids (narirutin, hesperidin, naringin and neohesperidin) and furanocoumarins (bergapten, 6',7'-dihydroxybergamottin and bergamottin) in each extract using HPLC. Citrus paradisi (grapefruit) showed the greatest inhibition of CYP activities, while Citrus unshiu which has an antiallergic effect, showed relatively weak inhibitory effects. Extracts having relatively strong inhibitory effects for CYP3A4 tended to contain higher amounts of naringin, bergamottin and 6',7'-dihydroxybergamottin. These results, providing comparative information on the inhibitory effects of citrus extracts on CYP isoforms, suggest that citrus extracts containing high levels of narirutin and hesperidin and lower levels of furanocoumarins such as C. unshiu are favorable as antiallergic functional ingredients.

I used to take ECA with naringin- and yes, it is a strong combo. As a stim base- I really like caffeine, tyrosine, and cocoa, but not in huge doses- I have really backed off the stims over the last couple years......
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
  17. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.56%

Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    the ORIGINAL NO Shotgun....too bad they dont make the original anymore......if your looking for a "wired" feeling, try RPM.
    I liked the original Shotgun as well, except for the taste (they didn't call it "I was Shotgunned" for nothing)- in terms of the formulation, the effects were really spot-on when it came to the stim base
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.22%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    That's why we put naringin (citrus paradisi) in a lot of our products- it is the chemical that allows GF juice to act as a CYP-450 inhibitor:

Comparative evaluation of 12 immature citrus fruit extracts for the inhibition of cytochrome P450 isoform activities.

School of Pharmacy, Kinki University, 3-4-1 Kowakae, Higashi-osaka, Osaka 577-8502, Japan.

Abstract
    In a previous study we found that 50% ethanol extracts of immature fruits of Citrus unshiu (satsuma mandarin) have anti-allergic effects against the Type I, II and IV allergic reactions. However, many adverse interactions between citrus fruit, especially grapefruit juice, and drugs have been reported due to the inhibition of cytochrome P450 (CYP) activities. The purpose of this study was to examine the competitive inhibitory effects of extracts from immature citrus fruit on CYP activity. Extracts were prepared from 12 citrus species or cultivars, and were tested against three kinds of major CYPs, CYP2C9, CYP2D6 and CYP3A4, in human liver microsomes. We also estimated the amounts of flavonoids (narirutin, hesperidin, naringin and neohesperidin) and furanocoumarins (bergapten, 6',7'-dihydroxybergamottin and bergamottin) in each extract using HPLC. Citrus paradisi (grapefruit) showed the greatest inhibition of CYP activities, while Citrus unshiu which has an antiallergic effect, showed relatively weak inhibitory effects. Extracts having relatively strong inhibitory effects for CYP3A4 tended to contain higher amounts of naringin, bergamottin and 6',7'-dihydroxybergamottin. These results, providing comparative information on the inhibitory effects of citrus extracts on CYP isoforms, suggest that citrus extracts containing high levels of narirutin and hesperidin and lower levels of furanocoumarins such as C. unshiu are favorable as antiallergic functional ingredients.

I used to take ECA with naringin- and yes, it is a strong combo. As a stim base- I really like caffeine, tyrosine, and cocoa, but not in huge doses- I have really backed off the stims over the last couple years......

Hmm...interesting. Thanks for the info, I will def look into naringin because I'm actually sick of the taste of GF juice. I've been drinking it pre-workout for over 12+ years and it has gotten old.
  19. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.56%

Quote Originally Posted by kanakafarian View Post
    Hmm...interesting. Thanks for the info, I will def look into naringin because I'm actually sick of the taste of GF juice. I've been drinking it pre-workout for over 12+ years and it has gotten old.
    Yeah- can't stand GF juice myself- that's why I looked into naringin in the first place....
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
  20. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.97%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

Yeah- can't stand GF juice myself- that's why I looked into naringin in the first place....
    glad to see you posting so often, been reading some of your posts and you are really putting out some good info.

repped
  21. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.08%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

I liked the original Shotgun as well, except for the taste (they didn't call it "I was Shotgunned" for nothing)- in terms of the formulation, the effects were really spot-on when it came to the stim base
    oh for sure...i think at that time it was the best on the market but it tasted like pure butthole. you would have to literally take shots of it to get it down.
  22. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  171 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.2%

I'm almost done testing a new PWO stim for AX. So far I'm very satisfied with it. Only trouble I've had so far is when I took two caps on an empty stomach. The energy was insane but I felt sick after my workout. Two caps with food is awesome. I don't know if they plan to sell it capped though, it's going into their pump product.
  23. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  226 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.92%

Abstract

I'm back from a longggg nap!
  24. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.56%

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    glad to see you posting so often, been reading some of your posts and you are really putting out some good info.

repped
    Thx bro- nice to be back on here a little more- I just finished setting up our analytical laboratory recently, so I have little a bit more time now....
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
  25. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.56%

Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    oh for sure...i think at that time it was the best on the market but it tasted like pure butthole. you would have to literally take shots of it to get it down.
    The cola flavor was actually worse than Jaeger, IMHO
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  241 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.26%

These types of threads bring everyone out of the woodworks due to the absurd amount of pwo supps. But for $30, I would have to agree with criticalbench on the maximize v.2. It was so freakin potent, I would never take more than 1 scoop, and I would never take it on leg day because I would puke and my heart would pop by the third set.
  27. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.97%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

Quote Originally Posted by Matthersby View Post
    These types of threads bring everyone out of the woodworks due to the absurd amount of pwo supps. But for $30, I would have to agree with criticalbench on the maximize v.2. It was so freakin potent, I would never take more than 1 scoop, and I would never take it on leg day because I would puke and my heart would pop by the third set.
    maxv2 and muscle marinade are top notch supps, but mesomorph rules the kingdom of preworkouts, imo.
  28. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.34%

Using Vip-X Extreme from Body Science (A Swedish company) , best damn pre-workout with stim I've tested... and best of all... It's so damn cheap...
  29. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.23%

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    1) Mesomorph - far and away the best PWO that I've ever used. Way more than a simple stim based PWO.
    2) Maximize V2 - strongest stim base in a PWO in my opinion.
    3) LIT UP - not the strongest stim based PWO, but the focus you get from the product more than makes up for it.
    I agree Meso is the strongest pre-workout, but for just stim effect I'd give it to Yellow Thunder. White Lightning is pretty awesome as well!
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  30. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.3%

i would try some methyl-efx or white flood. both are really great products. methyl-efx increased my bp like crazy though
  31. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.16%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Wyked has a beast stim profile! Check out the log promo and maybe you could have a chance to log it

Taurus Nutrition, ITS PROMO TIME!!!!!!!!

32. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.34%

Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    Wyked has a beast stim profile! Check out the log promo and maybe you could have a chance to log it

ROAR!

Haven't checked that promo yet, but do you guys plan on having some sponsored logs on it ?
  33. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.16%

Quote Originally Posted by Eizbear View Post
    ROAR!

Haven't checked that promo yet, but do you guys plan on having some sponsored logs on it ?
    Yes sir give me a min I'll get u the links

34. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.16%

Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post

Bump this is one of the sponsored log promos it's closes tomorrow

35. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.08%

One of my top three has to be launch. Only have had samples, but till continue to use this (when I get my tub),meso and lit up
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.99%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Lit Up, iSatori PWR is solid...bought it on impulse and was only $25. Well worth the $ imo. Taste is A+ also. I would compare it to Jacked but it feels a lot cleaner...not that dirty meth feeling. Want to try Meso but my wallet wont let me yet.
  37. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.58%

Lit-up plus bulk dmaa is nuts
    Will try superpump max plus bulk dmaa soon
    Jack3d is nice
    Meso is king
    Maximize wont let me sleep
    Overall Fav is Lit-up, but cant use much right now bc of a gyno flare. Jack3d is my number 2.
  38. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.08%

I have to take like four scoops of jack3d to feel anything.
  39. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.08%

Im gna say Ephedrine and Caffeine. Mainly because the Combo has led to some crazy workouts recently.
  40. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.06%

Right now ... I'm divorcing myself from most of the hard stims - especially anything with Geranium in it - that's Oxy, Jack3D, Mesomorph ... and a whole host of others. Giving up ephedra HCL too and going down to one cup of coffee in the morning.

Right now I'm using M.R.I. Blackpowder. It's got plenty of caffeine but no Geranium.

Anyone know any other pre-workouts along these lines let me know.

I'm two weeks off ephedra and Geranium products and feel great - though I have problems still staying awake in the afternoons! Sex life has ALWAYS been 10/10 - but now it's in Spinal Tap territory - ELEVEN. Quote from an extremely sweaty and breathless Mrs. Honda yesterday afternoon: "What kind of a (huff, huff,) ****in' man are you!!??"

Similar Forum Threads

1. Non-Stimulant Pre-Workout supp ! what's a good one
    By Markusrulezzz in forum Supplements
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-23-2011, 04:17 PM
  2. Best stimulant free Pre-Workout drink!
    By twistid in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-16-2010, 01:06 PM
  3. Replies: 99
    Last Post: 07-03-2008, 12:13 AM
  4. Stimulant X
    By TheTom in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-28-2006, 06:23 PM
  5. Stimulant X
    By GuyinLA in forum Supplements
    Replies: 39