best pre workout stimulant?

FRANKCASTLE

Awards
done redline by vpx, and just finished oxyelite pro , what are the best stimulants pre w/o in ur opinion, i never really used for the fat burn effect, just the stimulant effect

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
done redline by vpx, and just finished oxyelite pro , what are the best stimulants pre w/o in ur opinion, i never really used for the fat burn effect, just the stimulant effect
2-3 cups of grapefruit juice and ECA! Most people don't understand the effects of GF juice as a potentiator.

ECA + GF juice = HULK on crack in the gym for me!

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If im not using oep ill just opt for gplc. It has a stim like effect on me.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd give maximize v.2 a look; it is pretty strong at what it is designed to do and has gotten great reviews. Most people don't even need a full serving and it is not to expensive. Just something to look into.

Mike

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I was a real stim junkie for a while...
Honestly nothing beat Geranium for just "everyday stuff". Stuff is bonkers in large doses

But a moderate dose of that stuff + the gym routine had my heart racing to the point of anxiety.

I still say natural stuff like B12s, tyrosine, caffeine.

theshaman

theshaman

Awards
  • Established
sometimes i dont want to drink a preworkout drink and I love my Anabolic Rehab so Anabolic Impac is perfect for me. 6 pills/20-30min before I go to the gym and im ready to move some weights!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the ORIGINAL NO Shotgun....too bad they dont make the original anymore......if your looking for a "wired" feeling, try RPM.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
BLACK CATS by Applied Nutriceuticals if you just want the stim effect.

zwilliby

Awards
Pure stim? RPM

An effective PWO that will do something for you? Animal Pump or LIT-up

KillaK2010

Awards
I like Lit-UP not a strong stim but great focus and strength. But then again Mesomorph is amazing stuff for the stim.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1) Mesomorph - far and away the best PWO that I've ever used. Way more than a simple stim based PWO.
2) Maximize V2 - strongest stim base in a PWO in my opinion.
3) LIT UP - not the strongest stim based PWO, but the focus you get from the product more than makes up for it.

ken22

ken22

Awards
1MR great stimulant! I have used tons and this is the most stimulating for me.
I would only use one scoop as reccomended. I did 2 once and my skin was crawling for 12 hours. Second would be Jack or Gakic.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
I would only use one scoop as reccomended. I did 2 once and my skin was crawling for 12 hours. Second would be Jack or Gakic.
2 scoops of 1MR?? Isn't that like 600mg of caffeine?

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have heard from several people that the newer batches don't have close to the same "feel" and many think it was "reformulated".

Maximize V2 and Purus Muscle Marinade are my go to Intense Preworkouts. Nothing comes close. Plus full ingredients of other goodies.

I was impressed with Superpump Maxx at 2 scoops but its very mild and not a kick in the face style.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
2-3 cups of grapefruit juice and ECA! Most people don't understand the effects of GF juice as a potentiator.

ECA + GF juice = HULK on crack in the gym for me!
That's why we put naringin (citrus paradisi) in a lot of our products- it is the chemical that allows GF juice to act as a CYP-450 inhibitor:

Biol Pharm Bull. 2008 May;31(5):925-30.

Comparative evaluation of 12 immature citrus fruit extracts for the inhibition of cytochrome P450 isoform activities.
Fujita T, Kawase A, Niwa T, Tomohiro N, Masuda M, Matsuda H, Iwaki M.

School of Pharmacy, Kinki University, 3-4-1 Kowakae, Higashi-osaka, Osaka 577-8502, Japan.

Abstract
In a previous study we found that 50% ethanol extracts of immature fruits of Citrus unshiu (satsuma mandarin) have anti-allergic effects against the Type I, II and IV allergic reactions. However, many adverse interactions between citrus fruit, especially grapefruit juice, and drugs have been reported due to the inhibition of cytochrome P450 (CYP) activities. The purpose of this study was to examine the competitive inhibitory effects of extracts from immature citrus fruit on CYP activity. Extracts were prepared from 12 citrus species or cultivars, and were tested against three kinds of major CYPs, CYP2C9, CYP2D6 and CYP3A4, in human liver microsomes. We also estimated the amounts of flavonoids (narirutin, hesperidin, naringin and neohesperidin) and furanocoumarins (bergapten, 6',7'-dihydroxybergamottin and bergamottin) in each extract using HPLC. Citrus paradisi (grapefruit) showed the greatest inhibition of CYP activities, while Citrus unshiu which has an antiallergic effect, showed relatively weak inhibitory effects. Extracts having relatively strong inhibitory effects for CYP3A4 tended to contain higher amounts of naringin, bergamottin and 6',7'-dihydroxybergamottin. These results, providing comparative information on the inhibitory effects of citrus extracts on CYP isoforms, suggest that citrus extracts containing high levels of narirutin and hesperidin and lower levels of furanocoumarins such as C. unshiu are favorable as antiallergic functional ingredients.

I used to take ECA with naringin- and yes, it is a strong combo. As a stim base- I really like caffeine, tyrosine, and cocoa, but not in huge doses- I have really backed off the stims over the last couple years......

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
the ORIGINAL NO Shotgun....too bad they dont make the original anymore......if your looking for a "wired" feeling, try RPM.
I liked the original Shotgun as well, except for the taste (they didn't call it "I was Shotgunned" for nothing)- in terms of the formulation, the effects were really spot-on when it came to the stim base

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
That's why we put naringin (citrus paradisi) in a lot of our products- it is the chemical that allows GF juice to act as a CYP-450 inhibitor:

Comparative evaluation of 12 immature citrus fruit extracts for the inhibition of cytochrome P450 isoform activities.

School of Pharmacy, Kinki University, 3-4-1 Kowakae, Higashi-osaka, Osaka 577-8502, Japan.

Abstract
In a previous study we found that 50% ethanol extracts of immature fruits of Citrus unshiu (satsuma mandarin) have anti-allergic effects against the Type I, II and IV allergic reactions. However, many adverse interactions between citrus fruit, especially grapefruit juice, and drugs have been reported due to the inhibition of cytochrome P450 (CYP) activities. The purpose of this study was to examine the competitive inhibitory effects of extracts from immature citrus fruit on CYP activity. Extracts were prepared from 12 citrus species or cultivars, and were tested against three kinds of major CYPs, CYP2C9, CYP2D6 and CYP3A4, in human liver microsomes. We also estimated the amounts of flavonoids (narirutin, hesperidin, naringin and neohesperidin) and furanocoumarins (bergapten, 6',7'-dihydroxybergamottin and bergamottin) in each extract using HPLC. Citrus paradisi (grapefruit) showed the greatest inhibition of CYP activities, while Citrus unshiu which has an antiallergic effect, showed relatively weak inhibitory effects. Extracts having relatively strong inhibitory effects for CYP3A4 tended to contain higher amounts of naringin, bergamottin and 6',7'-dihydroxybergamottin. These results, providing comparative information on the inhibitory effects of citrus extracts on CYP isoforms, suggest that citrus extracts containing high levels of narirutin and hesperidin and lower levels of furanocoumarins such as C. unshiu are favorable as antiallergic functional ingredients.

I used to take ECA with naringin- and yes, it is a strong combo. As a stim base- I really like caffeine, tyrosine, and cocoa, but not in huge doses- I have really backed off the stims over the last couple years......

Hmm...interesting. Thanks for the info, I will def look into naringin because I'm actually sick of the taste of GF juice. I've been drinking it pre-workout for over 12+ years and it has gotten old.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hmm...interesting. Thanks for the info, I will def look into naringin because I'm actually sick of the taste of GF juice. I've been drinking it pre-workout for over 12+ years and it has gotten old.
Yeah- can't stand GF juice myself- that's why I looked into naringin in the first place....

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah- can't stand GF juice myself- that's why I looked into naringin in the first place....
glad to see you posting so often, been reading some of your posts and you are really putting out some good info.

repped

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I liked the original Shotgun as well, except for the taste (they didn't call it "I was Shotgunned" for nothing)- in terms of the formulation, the effects were really spot-on when it came to the stim base
oh for sure...i think at that time it was the best on the market but it tasted like pure butthole. you would have to literally take shots of it to get it down.

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
I'm almost done testing a new PWO stim for AX. So far I'm very satisfied with it. Only trouble I've had so far is when I took two caps on an empty stomach. The energy was insane but I felt sick after my workout. Two caps with food is awesome. I don't know if they plan to sell it capped though, it's going into their pump product.

mikemd21289

mikemd21289

Awards

Abstract

:goodpost:

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
glad to see you posting so often, been reading some of your posts and you are really putting out some good info.

repped
Thx bro- nice to be back on here a little more- I just finished setting up our analytical laboratory recently, so I have little a bit more time now....

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
oh for sure...i think at that time it was the best on the market but it tasted like pure butthole. you would have to literally take shots of it to get it down.
The cola flavor was actually worse than Jaeger, IMHO

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
These types of threads bring everyone out of the woodworks due to the absurd amount of pwo supps. But for $30, I would have to agree with criticalbench on the maximize v.2. It was so freakin potent, I would never take more than 1 scoop, and I would never take it on leg day because I would puke and my heart would pop by the third set.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
These types of threads bring everyone out of the woodworks due to the absurd amount of pwo supps. But for $30, I would have to agree with criticalbench on the maximize v.2. It was so freakin potent, I would never take more than 1 scoop, and I would never take it on leg day because I would puke and my heart would pop by the third set.
maxv2 and muscle marinade are top notch supps, but mesomorph rules the kingdom of preworkouts, imo.

Eizbear

Eizbear

Awards
  • Established
Using Vip-X Extreme from Body Science (A Swedish company) , best damn pre-workout with stim I've tested... and best of all... It's so damn cheap...

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1) Mesomorph - far and away the best PWO that I've ever used. Way more than a simple stim based PWO.
2) Maximize V2 - strongest stim base in a PWO in my opinion.
3) LIT UP - not the strongest stim based PWO, but the focus you get from the product more than makes up for it.
I agree Meso is the strongest pre-workout, but for just stim effect I'd give it to Yellow Thunder. White Lightning is pretty awesome as well!

bluesfan4eva

Awards
i would try some methyl-efx or white flood. both are really great products. methyl-efx increased my bp like crazy though

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
One of my top three has to be launch. Only have had samples, but till continue to use this (when I get my tub),meso and lit up

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
Lit Up, iSatori PWR is solid...bought it on impulse and was only $25. Well worth the $ imo. Taste is A+ also. I would compare it to Jacked but it feels a lot cleaner...not that dirty meth feeling. Want to try Meso but my wallet wont let me yet.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lit-up plus bulk dmaa is nuts
Will try superpump max plus bulk dmaa soon
Jack3d is nice
Meso is king
Maximize wont let me sleep
Overall Fav is Lit-up, but cant use much right now bc of a gyno flare. Jack3d is my number 2.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have to take like four scoops of jack3d to feel anything.

blackscorp

Awards
Im gna say Ephedrine and Caffeine. Mainly because the Combo has led to some crazy workouts recently.

HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established
Right now ... I'm divorcing myself from most of the hard stims - especially anything with Geranium in it - that's Oxy, Jack3D, Mesomorph ... and a whole host of others. Giving up ephedra HCL too and going down to one cup of coffee in the morning.

Right now I'm using M.R.I. Blackpowder. It's got plenty of caffeine but no Geranium.

Anyone know any other pre-workouts along these lines let me know.

I'm two weeks off ephedra and Geranium products and feel great - though I have problems still staying awake in the afternoons! Sex life has ALWAYS been 10/10 - but now it's in Spinal Tap territory - ELEVEN. Quote from an extremely sweaty and breathless Mrs. Honda yesterday afternoon: "What kind of a (huff, huff,) ****in' man are you!!??"

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Im gna say Ephedrine and Caffeine. Mainly because the Combo has led to some crazy workouts recently.
my adrenals are fried. lately i don't get much from eca, been getting more from yellow thunder.

blackscorp

Awards
my adrenals are fried. lately i don't get much from eca, been getting more from yellow thunder.
Yellow Thunder was crazy!

However, if ECA isnt doing anything for you, it might be time to stop lol

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

it's long past time to stop, lol.:blink:

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Ya Yellow Thunder is strong as hell, wicked fat burner!