Best Supps for Insulin Resistance (Carbohydrates)

Kuraudo

Awards
It seems no matter how long i make my calories (800) I won't lose an ounce of fat and my body suffers.
If I reduce carbs, ESPECIALLY WHEAT, my face will stop looking swollen and i can faciliate rapid weight loss. I dropped 20 lbs in a 2 week period and 5 inches off my waist, probably 2 sticks of butter off my face, LOL. In fact the calories don't need to be reduced drastically. I'm now 158 and I was 178.

So I'm guessing I have ****ty insulin management . Besides Alpha lipoic acid, what else can I take? Is there a cure for this? My blood work doesn't reveal anything but I know its not optimal.

Perhaps I also have a gluten intolerance? I've abstained from wheat for this entire month. I used to be able to eat much more balanced meals and more calories and not have any issues.

How do you rate Alpha lipoic acid and cinnamon for this problem?

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
im allergic to gluten... this sounds about right..

i cut out all soy and gluten and i lost about 8 lbs... but 8 HORRIBLE pounds...

since i cut gluten, i would estimate i also cut about 2% bodyfat...

i stay eating sweet potatoes for carbs..

Kuraudo

Awards
Its so weird. As I got older, i developed upper respiratory allergies and food allergies I never had before and strange weight gain. In addition, most carb foods cause a huge spike in appetite and make it impossible to control cravings.
I think once im off this low carb diet, I wont eat more than 80-100 carbs per day and only things like rice, sweet potatoes and veggies.

I'm taking that ALA+cinnamon right now.

@swollen87 Isn't there a difference between allergy and tolerance? I can get away with once a week wheat on a cheat meal(s). Which one do u have?

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
if i eat anything with gluten... (even a tsp of soy sauce) i sh*t everywhere for hours....

this seriously came out of nowhere, one day i was able to eat 4 slices of wheat bread before my workout and i was fine, the very next day, the same meal made me react...

i dont think there is a difference between allergy and intolerance (only a degree)... many people have an inflammitory reaction from wheat, milk, and processed foods in general....

the only ways to know for sure are, go to the doctor, or cut all of it out and see how u feel..

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Sorry to hear that bro. Carbs don't always agree with me so much either.z I'm a huge fan of nutrient repartitioners. Need2Slin could be helpful, too. Keep @ the ALA and cinnamon for a while then give N2S a try and see if you notice the difference.

Kuraudo

Awards
Thanks Midwest. I just ordered the Lean Xtreme/ALPHA T2 stack so that has most of those ingredients. Because there's no hard stims like caffeine, I can use it longer term. I think my glucose management should be better with these products, I hope.