Best supplements to gain muscle?

cg123

Awards
I am 16 and dont want to get into steroids, but I want to know in your opinion what is the best muscle building supplement. Right now i take kre alkalyn and pro complex. Any suggestions? thanks

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
Try creatine. If you are responder it will work wonders and it's safe and effective for all ages and genders.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I agree. ^

Food and a basic creatine.

ImJ2x

ImJ2x

Awards
  • Established
Try creatine. If you are responder it will work wonders and it's safe and effective for all ages and genders.
He's already on creatine (krealk).
And he's 16, 6'2" 165lbs. He just plain needs to EATTTT.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am 16 and dont want to get into steroids, but I want to know in your opinion what is the best muscle building supplement. Right now i take kre alkalyn and pro complex. Any suggestions? thanks
You're 16 - hormonals should not even be a thought in the ballpark, period! You do not need any supplements but the Basic Staples (creatine, multivitamin, good fats, protein, and BCAAs) - at your weight, you can almost get all your good fats, protein, and BCAAs requirements from your diet. I don't recommend using anything else until you're older and have built up a solid training base. NUTRITION AND TRAINING are what are going to get you results.

If you want gains, then you need to eat enough for them, and no supplement is going to help you gain muscle if you're not eating for it, period! NUTRITION and TRAINING are the two factors that you need to focus on. FOOD, FOOD, and MORE FOOD is going to be IMPORTANT - if you want muscle gains, you needs to EAT for it!

Next to nutrition for mass is training. You have to be training correctly for mass - check out the article How To Maximize Mass Through Weights And Adaptation for an idea of how to train correctly for mass. And although The Essential 8 is in the fat loss section, the same exercises that are best for fat loss are also the best for gaining muscle! You also need to NOT lift almost daily - your body NEEDS recovery, since it's in your RECOVERY that you GROW (if you are eating enough).

I recommend having a training programme (AND nutrition plan - can't forget your nutrition, since that's what is going to make or break your success with gaining muscle mass!) written specifically for YOU for your goals and needs. If you can't afford a professional trainer, then take some time out to research and look around, because there is a TON of information on training for mass!

~Rosie~

Kellyflan1

Kellyflan1

Awards
At 16 it would be hard to follow a proper diet if your are anything like my kid (16 & 125 lbs). You really need to eat more often than most teens do if you are going to blow up any time soon. If you can't eat 5 or 6 meals a day it is imperative that you eat the right foods at every sitting. Plenty of protein is the ultimate #1 rule. You will find that soft drinks and potato chips aren't a great source for this. Do a little research on protein sources and you will fins some real cool sources to snack on all day. Every pop a handful of almonds between classes? No protein = No muscles.
The second rule to follow is caloric intake. Make sure you know how many calories you need to fuel any new found muscle. If your calories are too low the body will gobble up muscle to keep you moving forward.
I wrestled at 190 pounds in high school while maintaining a single digit body fat percentage (despite being a fatty now). I'm fairly confident that you can do the same with the proper diet and exercise. Hit those weights and force personal records every day. Your body will respond.

Last edited:

benjiman

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i can tell you what i did when i was 16 and worked for me i would buy gainers/protien.then i would get a blender and through healthy stuff in it well besides the ice cream not healty but i would mix bannas,ice creame, aminio acids ,milk etc.they tasted great and i would do this after geting home from the gym football pratice any time.plus eating which i knew everybody all ways has to be the first one to say food with these type of questions i am sure you knew to eat but make these shakes and eat lots of protien and you will grow.i played ball at a freaky ripped 195 ilbs.before the shakes i was 160 ilbs.just my two cents man i wish i was 16 again.

ImJ2x

ImJ2x

Awards
  • Established
Peanut butter is a very high cal/high protein food that 16yos love (49yos too, lol). Tell your mom to buy the EFA-healthy natural peanut butter at the store. Or better yet, put down the Nintendo, peel your lazy a$$ off the couch, get a damn job and buy your own, freeloader. [Sorry-- I'm just playin with you bro.] :)

cg123

Awards
yes i understand this, I was just wandering if anyone got good results from other protein supplements or if I should add anything to my stack. I have had good results so far and I went from 140 to 165 of mostly muscle in the past 6, almost 7 months.]

ImJ2x

ImJ2x

Awards
  • Established
yes i understand this, I was just wandering if anyone got good results from other protein supplements or if I should add anything to my stack. I have had good results so far and I went from 140 to 165 of mostly muscle in the past 6, almost 7 months.]
As far as protein, anything except soy-- it will turn you into a really tall, ugly 16yo girl. :)
At your age/height/weight it's nearly impossible to overeat or overtrain. Spend every spare hour eating and training. In fact, set up a gym in your kitchen. If your folks complain, call Social Services-- child abuse is a serious crime.

oli

oli

Awards
  • Established
when i was in high school, creatine and whey protein shakes ( milk and powder ) did it for me. that and focusing on t-bar rows, squats, and benching

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
A protein supplement isnt going to build muscle over night man. It is used to "supplement" your daily foods. Creatine which was said numerous times is where its at bud. You have made great gains so far! I say keep doing what your doing and it will just get better from here! Eat lots of whole foods and stay away from packaged foods as much as possible! Great job so far!!

Kellyflan1

Kellyflan1

Awards
In fact, set up a gym in your kitchen. If your folks complain, call Social Services-- child abuse is a serious crime.
This made me laugh! I remember the day I took everything out of my room to make more space for the 300 pound Olympic weight set I just had to have in there. I must have been 14 and did nothing but arms and chest. Reps coming your way.

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Steak, hamburgers, rice, potatoes, veggis, milk, chicken, fish and so on. I know its hard to stay away from pizza and mcdonalds and sugary soda pop, so try to limit that. Kre-alklyn is so so. Id go with Creapure creatine instead.

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Creapure! And bulk whey protein.

mikemd21289

mikemd21289

Awards
Creapure! And bulk whey protein.
Or even weight gainer, when I played highschool football back in the day (03-07) I think our whole team was on cytogainer by cytosport.

Just a little trick, we would always have a cytosport in gym locker during school. So we could have a serving or 2 with lunch, an extra 800 calories 50+ grams of protein is a great addition to a mystery school lunch.

....Did I mention we went 11-3 and won NYS sectionals section II in 2007:bling::bling: