NOW brand protein?

freefall365

freefall365

Awards
  • Established
Anyone ever try the NOW brand protein. I'm looking into the megapack, which is 10 lbs but need to hear it's go to go first. THANKS.

freefall365

freefall365

Awards
  • Established
yeah i have enjoyed other NOW supplements, i found a NOW protein blend, strawberry flavor at 53 bucks shipped for 10lbs :mischievous:

freefall365

freefall365

Awards
  • Established
yea it does seem like a good deal! anyone actually tired the stuff?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I was just looking at the nutrition facts and there are way too many carbs for my diet. If your not watching your carbs I would say go for it. I eat 30 carbs or less per day though. Still its an excellent product and an excellent company. They have been around forever. I trust them. Just get it already. Worst case scenario is you don't like the taste. Get the Dutch chocolate, I don't think you can go wrong with chocolate. Even if you don't like the taste it can't be that bad.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Here is the ingredient list,

Ingredients: Whey Protein Blend [Micro-Filtered Whey Protein Concentrate (providing B-lactoglobulin, alpha-lactalbumin, Immunoglobulins and Serum Albumin), Ion-Exchanged Whey Protein Isolate (providing beta-lactoglobulin, alpha-lactalbumin, Immunoglobulins and Glycomacro Peptides) and Enzymatically Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Concentrate], Fructose, Cocoa, Natural Flavors, Free-Form L-Glutamine, Soy Lecithin, Xanthan Gum and Stevia rebaudiana Herbal Extract. Contains milk and soy derivatives.

Looks like it doesn't contain any artificial sweeteners, which is always a good thing...

freefall365

freefall365

Awards
  • Established
yeah thanks t-bone. i like the no artifical sweeteners too.

I was just about to post this when you mentioned the profile:

serving size: 42 grams

Ingredients
Calories - 160 - %
Calories from Fat: 15 - %
Total Fat: 1.5g - 2%
Saturated Fat: 1.2g - 6%
Sodium: 81mg - 4%
Total Carbohydrate: 12g - 4%
Sugars: 7.5g - %
Protein: 24g - 50%
Calcium: 72mg - 8%
Potassium: 137mg - 4%
Stevia rebaudiana: 82mg - %

kind of an interesting profile to me.. a whopping 42 grams gets you only 24g protein and a decent amount if carbs as you pointed out