Prison Bodies from 100 Grams of Protein?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes, the dreaded old Prison Bodies Thread again. :afro:

I am aware of the fact that certain dudes have insane genetics (to get ripped and huge) and that some even get steroids smuggled in - FINE. However, based on 100-125 grtams of protein per day on their 3 square meals, how are these cats getting so freaking big. I got news for you, they arent snacking on Protein Shakes or Mass Gainers!

All you hear about around here, even if you are on gear, is "if you dont eat enough you dont grow". Why would the same logic NOT apply to Prison dudes?

S.K

Awards

I am aware of the fact that certain dudes have insane genetics (to get ripped and huge) and that some even get steroids smuggled in - FINE. However, based on 100-125 grtams of protein per day on their 3 square meals, how are these cats getting so freaking big. I got news for you, they arent snacking on Protein Shakes or Mass Gainers!

All you hear about around here, even if you are on gear, is "if you dont eat enough you dont grow". Why would the same logic NOT apply to Prison dudes?
Fights, Working out, basketball...
The one's that are huge, all the do is remain athletic!!!
That's my .02.

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
Thats about how much my protein intake has been for years and I have no problem growing. I think when you sit in a cell for 22 hrs a day, you dont burn many calories. More nutrients for growth.

bakerderek0

bakerderek0

Awards
  • Established
If you eat yours & someone else's food everyday.... The strong eat. The weak, well I think we know how the weak are treated. Also, some guys have a pretty good cash flow inside whether from people on the outside or extortion on the inside. Order extra food from the commissary. It's pretty simple. And genetics of king kong also help.

gidemon

Banned
Awards
If you eat yours & someone else's food everyday.... The strong eat. The weak, well I think we know how the weak are treated. Also, some guys have a pretty good cash flow inside whether from people on the outside or extortion on the inside. Order extra food from the commissary. It's pretty simple. And genetics of king kong also help.
just work in the kitchen

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
There's plenty of good bulking foods at the commissary/canteen.

Menoth

Awards
A friend of mine did some time and got out a couple years ago totally different physically than he went in. He said the guys he hung out with pretty regularly bought things stolen from the kitchens or stole them themselves. Ten pound bags of oatmeal, dozens of hardboiled eggs, lean cuts of meat that were 'accidentally' kept off the steam tables... you know, things.

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
They take steroids if they are huge. I know many guys from prison as I have hired and worked with a lot. The guy who trained me was in san quentin for 20+ years. He had some amazing stories. What he and everybody else has told me though, is that it is not hard to get things in the joint.

bakerderek0

bakerderek0

Awards
  • Established

Why do you ask? Looking at doing some time?

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
that and in there packages the real big guys are ordering tons and tons of tuna and other fish in packages, tons of protein right there. I mean some order 100's at one time.

BigBen89

BigBen89

Awards
kinda related but did you ever see that pic of Tookie Williams (the founder of the crips) in jail....dude is massive!

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
I think it might be due to the Butt rape/Butt raped factor... Never tried either so I can not say for sure :lol:

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
I think it might be due to the Butt rape/Butt raped factor... Never tried either so I can not say for sure :lol:
Hmm...so that's where they get their extra source of "protein"?! LOL

bakerderek0

bakerderek0

Awards
  • Established
:spank:Soap on a rope or not..If Tyrone wants him some manass, he's a gonna get it.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Maybe they just had Cell-tech smuggled in and that's how they got huge:toofunny:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

All of the medical studies out there show that there is virtually no difference in nitrogen retention (muscle growth) at levels over around 1.5g/KG or .6g/lb. Bros believe you need tons, you don't. At 200lbs, you have around an 80-90g a day average maintenance need, and each pound of muscle tissue you add has only 160g of protein in it. 30 g of spare protein a day builds a pound of muscle a week. Sure, on anabolics you can use more, but outside of that most guys are taking in large amounts of protein because of convenience of shakes and because they like big hunks of meat, not because its any more valuable than the same # of calories from oatmeal.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Believe it or not I was thinking that myself the other day...

Evreyone I've seen who spent time in jail were scrawny and muscleless. And hten on TV shows or movies all you see are the huge dudes. This occured to me the other day as I was watching "Faster". The Rock looks the biggest I've seen him since his Hurricane days and all I could think was "they are really trying to sell me that this dude was in Jail for the last whatever many years?!"

But I guess the stealing food does make sense, but still weirds me out since we, on the outside, devote so much, watch our intake so closely, take supplements like crazy, and yet they are the ones who get huge? :lol:

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
Believe it or not I was thinking that myself the other day...

Evreyone I've seen who spent time in jail were scrawny and muscleless. And hten on TV shows or movies all you see are the huge dudes. This occured to me the other day as I was watching "Faster". The Rock looks the biggest I've seen him since his Hurricane days and all I could think was "they are really trying to sell me that this dude was in Jail for the last whatever many years?!"

But I guess the stealing food does make sense, but still weirds me out since we, on the outside, devote so much, watch our intake so closely, take supplements like crazy, and yet they are the ones who get huge? :lol:
So true. "Prison bodies" are more of a Hollywood thing than anything else. For every one huge genetically gifted dude, I'm sure there are 50 scrawny ones.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

well for 1 they dont just 3 get sqaure meals a day. I forget what they call it, but you can have a friend or family member drop off money in an account for you so you can buy things. Some of the items include tuna packs and various things that you can supplement your diet with. Also protein requirments are over blown. You dont need 300 grams of protein to put on muscle, unless your dieting to extreme lengths and need to do it in a short amount of time.

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
That's plenty of protein to grow on. 1 gram/lb is WAY off, but everyone keeps quoting it. The original study that was based on referenced 1 gram/kilogram of body weight.

n87

Awards
  • Established
I think everyone in prisons is insanely jacked and siht. At leat that's what I saw in "Prison break". That true right? Also, anybody, that posted here did any time in a pen?
I sure as hell didn't. I'd guess, it's more like "Shawshank redemption" than "Prison break", "I think" is a keyword here.
Oh, and btw, there were about 5 threads about BB and prisons in the last few years on AM. Just search for it. :)

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
take it from a guy who works in a prison, a lot of these guys a giant. No its not from smuggling steroids (not saying it has never happens) Its not worth the risk. They do smuggle tons of coke,crack, heroin,weed, ect. but steroids really just dont come in.

Now they do work out for hours a day, maybe an hour on pull up'd,dips,ect. then they go lift weights (no weights in cali so they make them from trash bags full of water or sand) for an hour or so, Then prob an hour of cardio.

These guys get there three state issued meals, but the big thing is the canteen,or packages purchased by money placed on there books by friends and family. They buy tons of tuna, mackeral,and salmon. not they can aslo get protein and even creatine from these packages as well. A lot of them swear by eating 2-3 apples as soon as finishing working out as well.

n87

Awards
  • Established

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
Its all about consitency... they workout everyday!!! for hours.... doing bodyweight exercises and then weights.... if they have them. if not they make them.... Then they really dont have much other activity so all the activity was working out...

Also the food part is easy... the canteen... sells everything you need.. also vistors can bring stuff liek tuna...

they also think fruit is king... dont know why but they always are eating apples and oranges while and after working out...

also they rely on whole foods....not shakes like alot of us...they have no wheres to be and have to rush...

last thing you really only need like 150g of protein for 200lb person... the study that was out was based on kg not lbs.... somehow it got confused along the way... i still eat 200g though lol

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
It weirds me out that we tell so many people they are "overtraining" on they are in the gym for 2 hours and so forth yet these guys don't seem to catch that overtrain bug problem :lol:

bakerderek0

bakerderek0

Awards
  • Established
they also think fruit is king... dont know why but they always are eating apples and oranges while and after working out...
Well, the apples would act as glycemic carbs to optimize protein intake post workout. Not sure if they know that, but thats why it helps.

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
because manily... its hard to overtrain in prion where you just lift and sleep and eat... they dont have to work... have kids... tht kind of stuff... they get plenty of sleep....etc...

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
because manily... its hard to overtrain in prion where you just lift and sleep and eat... they dont have to work... have kids... tht kind of stuff... they get plenty of sleep....etc...
Guess that makes some sense.

Although I would be having a real real hard time sleeping in there :lol:

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
Guess that makes some sense.

Although I would be having a real real hard time sleeping in there :lol:
Yeah, you just gotta watch your butt...I mean, back, at all times! LOL

bakerderek0

bakerderek0

Awards
  • Established
Probably be a good thing if your cellmate is juicin' at least his libido would be crashed. Lol.

mDeezy

mDeezy

Awards
  • Established
Its all about consitency... they workout everyday!!! for hours.... doing bodyweight exercises and then weights.... if they have them. if not they make them.... Then they really dont have much other activity so all the activity was working out...

Also the food part is easy... the canteen... sells everything you need.. also vistors can bring stuff liek tuna...

also they rely on whole foods....not shakes like alot of us...they have no wheres to be and have to rush...

last thing you really only need like 150g of protein for 200lb person... the study that was out was based on kg not lbs.... somehow it got confused along the way... i still eat 200g though lol
lol, you just reworded everything stopstalking just posted

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
u read my mind!

Also, doesnt this indirectly dissprove the protein theory even moreso?

Specifically, if these guys are working out 2+ hours a day and only getting in 100 grams of protein but getting bigger, what's that say about the need for all these protein needs we scream around here?

It weirds me out that we tell so many people they are "overtraining" on they are in the gym for 2 hours and so forth yet these guys don't seem to catch that overtrain bug problem :lol:

bigzach1234

bigzach1234

Awards
  • Established
everyones pretty much touched in the factors
-unlimited down time to sleep as much as u want and recover..
-they sell food and protein powder for commissary although protein powder is like triple the price
-people work in the kitchen
-people trade food with others
-ppl buy food from others or do favors .. what not..
-no excuse to skip a work out ever... u have 24 hrs of nothing..
-in nj/nyc prisons multiple people have told me a 10mg dbol is cheaper then cigs

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
Hmm... I'll still take in 200g on off days and 250 on workout days... I don't want to be tue guinea pig for only eating have your weight in protein....

Rozman

Awards
I was a CO in a state prison for 4 plus years. Most of the lifters either worked in food service or had connections who did. As Stopstalking pointed out they can purchase items from the commissary. Back in the day (when I worked there) the prison store sold Weider protein and Dynamic Muscle Builder and Tiger's Milk bars. Of course, now they sell Muscletech products, especially Celltech (pun intended) and that's why the inmates are so huge today!!!

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What about their legs? Probably top heavy for most guys doin time.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i sneak em in some HGHup and Free Test and they get HUUUUGEEEE

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established

Hey check around to much protein is bad there are some real good reads about how.much protein you actually need to grow . Idk exActly but its around .4-1.1 g of protein per lb of bdy weight. A lot of ppl will tell u and it is popular belief more protein is good. To a point

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
Some strong dudes in that video. Too bad they didn't show the deadlift.

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
Prison and jail are two different things... In jail your starved on 1800 calories per day of nothing but starchy processed crap, and mystery meats. The only protein availble through commissary is beef sticks, cheese sticks, or tuna packs, and the tuna is about 4 bucks per pouch.

In prison your fed considerably better, and have alot more options when it comes to commissary foods... and in minimum security places, many have access to hot plates, microwaves etc... so you could cook some of your own food

As far as getting jacked, you get a couple hours of activity per day... and other than that your not doing a whole lot besides sitting in your cell, attending rehabilitation programs, or working as a trustee. So yes, lots of time for rest and recovery... plenty of food, and hitting the weights

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Some strong dudes in that video. Too bad they didn't show the deadlift.
I haven't seen the video but the first image that popped in my mind was of a big dude lifting 2 scrawny ones by their belt from the ground :lol:

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
here in cali we have to weights so they do body weight squats, and there not supposed to but they will put a guy on there shoulders and then do squats.