IYO, what's the best cortisol blocker?

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
I've always used lean fx but looking to try something different.

Edit: I've read similar threads but just to make sure there's nothing new on the market not covered in those older threads.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Edit: I've read similar threads but just to make sure there's nothing new on the market not covered in those older threads.
erase-the stuff really works.

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
I always mega dose vitamin C. Always. It is cheap and there is quite a bit of science behind it.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200304/vitamin-c-stress-buster
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6T57-47R9X45-GG&_user=10&_coverDate=12/15/1975&_rdoc=1&_fmt=high&_orig=search&_origin=search&_sort=d&_docanchor=&view=c&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=d751e107a7ef84be88ca68d4c3c135f8&searchtype=a

For times when you really want to cover your cortisol needs (PCT & Cut) I would add in Endoamp Max (large amount of research behind it as well) by PP. I've also run Lean Xtreme by DS with good results. It has EGCG in it as well.

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
I always mega dose vitamin C. Always. It is cheap and there is quite a bit of science behind it.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6T57-47R9X45-GG&_user=10&_coverDate=12/15/1975&_rdoc=1&_fmt=high&_orig=search&_origin=search&_sort=d&_docanchor=&view=c&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=d751e107a7ef84be88ca68d4c3c135f8&searchtype=a

For times when you really want to cover your cortisol needs (PCT & Cut) I would add in Endoamp Max (large amount of research behind it as well) by PP. I've also run Lean Xtreme by DS with good results. It has EGCG in it as well.
No ****? I dose vitamin C 2g AM, 2g PM, is that enough?

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Erase or Endoamp for sure. Erase will also give you a good estrogen reduction while Endoamp will raise GH and IGF-1 levels. So it's your choice

A

adawg4929

Awards
  • Established

Lean FX has always been my go to cortisol product, great overall product and usually notice good results as well. Ive definitly ran Lean Xtreme and it worked quite well too. So either or would definitly be your best bet, then again if it aint broke dont fix it haha

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Just to list a few things:
DHEA
Erase
Lean Xtreme (original)
EndoAmp Max
Vitamin C

~Rosie~

sking6464

sking6464

Awards
  • Established
same as everyone....vit C BIG TIME,throughout the day, its dirt cheap and works....i like lean extreme too, and endoamp lately has worked well in pct with torem

but vitC wins for price balanced with effectiveness

and dont over train also

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just to list a few things:
DHEA
Erase
Lean Xtreme (original)
EndoAmp Max
Vitamin C

~Rosie~
Thats a great list. I like PS because it only blunts the cortisol. No chance in risking cortisol getting to low.

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
Well endoamp and erase were mentioned a lot so... we have a tie, I'll get both.

Thanks to all.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
PS=Phosphatidylserine which is found in ENDOAMP

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well endoamp and erase were mentioned a lot so... we have a tie, I'll get both.

Thanks to all.
Cutting, I've got that last bit of belly fat.
You can stack these products as well - just so you know - and that would be the best thing to do for your goal, IMO.

~Rosie~

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You can stack these products as well - just so you know - and that would be the best thing to do for your goal, IMO.

~Rosie~
Its a little tougher now that most conventionally availiable PHs are off the market- 11-oxo was fantastic at limiting cortisol, and most AAS and PHs have some strong cortisol-lowering characteristics

PS is pretty good, and like Rosie said- Vitamin C is excellent as well as DHEA

One of the ingredients in Free Test- Androst-3,5-dien-7,17-dione (or 3-desoxy 7-Keto DHEA) is a pretty strong anti-cortisol agent as well

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Megadosing Vitamin C can be dangerous.

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
Its a little tougher now that most conventionally availiable PHs are off the market- 11-oxo was fantastic at limiting cortisol, and most AAS and PHs have some strong cortisol-lowering characteristics

PS is pretty good, and like Rosie said- Vitamin C is excellent as well as DHEA

One of the ingredients in Free Test- Androst-3,5-dien-7,17-dione (or 3-desoxy 7-Keto DHEA) is a pretty strong anti-cortisol agent as well
Maybe stack Free Test/ Endoamp/ Erase???

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How so, isn't it water soluable and excess is passed in urine?
Yes but I'd be more worried about a situation in which someone takes a megadose and then suddenly stops, creating a deficiency(Rebound Scurvy?). I guess it depends on how much the person is taking though. Vitamin C is not toxic at less than 2 grams.

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
Yes but I'd be more worried about a situation in which someone takes a megadose and then suddenly stops, creating a deficiency(Rebound Scurvy?). I guess it depends on how much the person is taking though. Vitamin C is not toxic at less than 2 grams.
I take 4g a day, in 2 doses. (2g. per dose)

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
Well than, I would cut down if I were you(Gradually). Don't you get Vitamin C is your multi?
Will do. I knew the top limit was 2000mg. but since it was pissed away I didn't think it would be harmful. I'm currently not talking a multi. Ran out of OT. Taking B-6, C, E, A/G Pro AA, and fishoil.

Oh, and Mag/Zinc.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

why block cortisol?

you need a ratio between Cortisol and Testosterone ;)

Cissus Q's mechanism of action is to block pro-inflammatory cytokines at the cellular level, as well as the gluccocorticoid family of steroids, of which, cortisol is one. Normal dosage will do it.

http://www.jssm.org/vol4/n1/10/v4n1-10pdf.pdf

http://www.musculardevelopment.com/articles/chemical-enhancement/1583-the-testosteronecortisol-connection.pdf

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
That could work- might be a little too much on the 3-desoxy DHEA end- we use a pretty high dosage in Free Test- but it should do a really good job at raising test levels and lowering cortisol levels- may dry you out quite a bit or cause joint pain at that high a dosage tho.....

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you're going to stack FREE TEST and Erase together, I recommend only using 1 cap of Erase daily, since both products contain the same active and both control cortisol, and you don't want to decrease your cortisol by HEAPS.

~Rosie~

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
This finding would seem to support the
notion that the observed testosterone reductions
following certain forms of physical exercise could
be related to cortisol elevations
in response to that
exercise. But, this is speculative on our part as the
current data only indicate the existence of an
associative relationship between the hormones and
does not indicate a cause and effect relationship.
Further research is necessary to fully address this
question.

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
That could work- might be a little too much on the 3-desoxy DHEA end- we use a pretty high dosage in Free Test- but it should do a really good job at raising test levels and lowering cortisol levels- may dry you out quite a bit or cause joint pain at that high a dosage tho.....
If you're going to stack FREE TEST and Erase together, I recommend only using 1 cap of Erase daily, since both products contain the same active and both control cortisol, and you don't want to decrease your cortisol by HEAPS.

~Rosie~
OK then FreeTest/ Endoamp followed by Erase/ Endoamp.

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
Soooo much information, you gotta love AM. And it's members.

S

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Soooo much information, you gotta love AM. And it's members.
Hopefully someone knowledgeable in that area can chime in on the subject. I'm on erase currently and this thread is of interest to me.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Steroids

anyone how knows me knows im dead serious

DO NOT FOLLOW THE PATH OF SCHWELLINGTON!

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It really depends on the individual- you can have blood tests drawn to see where you are at- a normal early morning value (when cortisol levels are highest) is 6 to 23 mcg- and these levels normally decrease during the day
I can think of a case off the top of my head where one of the IFBB pros got their levels too low, and it made him bleed out- he was taking Cytadren, which is a really strong cortisol synthesis inhibitor (a prescription drug)- they give it to people who have Cushing's Syndrome, which is a disorder characterized by abnormally high cortisol levels....he was also taking about 10-15 other drugs along with it as well. I don't think any commercial availiable supplement would cause this type of issue, however.....

Google Andreas Munzer for more info.....he died in 1996 as I remember

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
OK then FreeTest/ Endoamp followed by Erase/ Endoamp.
That could work- or maybe try Erase with HGH-Up and Lit-Up, just to get some variation- that way you are getting a big increase in test from all three, an increase in GH from Lit-Up and HGH-Up, cortisol inhibition, and the AI in Erase and the L-Dopa content in HGH-Up will counter any potential issues with the DAA in Lit-Up.......

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
It really depends on the individual- you can have blood tests drawn to see where you are at- a normal early morning value (when cortisol levels are highest) is 6 to 23 mcg- and these levels normally decrease during the day
Don't these levels increase as a person ages?

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
That could work- or maybe try Erase with HGH-Up and Lit-Up, just to get some variation- that way you are getting a big increase in test from all three, an increase in GH from Lit-Up and HGH-Up, cortisol inhibition, and the AI in Erase and the L-Dopa content in HGH-Up will counter any potential issues with the DAA in Lit-Up.......
I have bulk DAA and a bottle of HGH-Up on hand so I just need to purchase Free Test, Endoamp, and Erase.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Don't these levels increase as a person ages?
ACTH production decreases with age- and ACTH stimulates cortisol release, but actual cortisol levels, no

Fiziol Cheloveka. 2010 Sep-Oct;36(5):101-9.

[Age-related changes in blood concentration of hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis hormones, their central and peripheral regulators in healthy men].
[Article in Russian]

Kuzina IN, Kilikovskiĭ VV, Smirnova OV.

Abstract
We studied concentrations of cortisol, its precursors and active form in human blood and relation to the changes in concentration of central and peripheral hormonal regulators (total 36 parameters) in healthy male volunteers aged 18-72 y.o. The study demonstrated a significant decrease in blood concentrations of unutilazed cortisol precursors (pregnenolone and progesterone) with advanced age accompanied by maintenance of total and free cortisol concentrations. We found age-related decrease in ACTH level that is a known hypophysial stimulant of cortisol and cortisol precursor synthesis in adrenal glands. Cortisol and ACTH levels in study population had different correlation behavior in relation to central and peripheral regulators for hormonal axes. CONCLUSION: cortisol level remains stable with advanced age in males despite the decrease in steroidogenic activity and blood ACTH level. This may be due to the imbalance in the regulation of cortisol and ACTH production by central and peripheral regulators especially by hormones of reproductive and somatotrophic axes.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can think of a case off the top of my head where one of the IFBB pros got their levels too low, and it made him bleed out- he was taking Cytadren, which is a really strong cortisol synthesis inhibitor (a prescription drug)- they give it to people who have Cushing's Syndrome, which is a disorder characterized by abnormally high cortisol levels....he was also taking about 10-15 other drugs along with it as well. I don't think any commercial availiable supplement would cause this type of issue, however.....

Google Andreas Munzer for more info.....he died in 1996 as I remember
yes Cytadren is very powerful :sick:

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have bulk DAA and a bottle of HGH-Up on hand so I just need to purchase Free Test, Endoamp, and Erase.
and you will have one heck of a stack!

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
ACTH production decreases with age- and ACTH stimulates cortisol release, but actual cortisol levels, no

Fiziol Cheloveka. 2010 Sep-Oct;36(5):101-9.

[Age-related changes in blood concentration of hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis hormones, their central and peripheral regulators in healthy men].
[Article in Russian]

Kuzina IN, Kilikovskiĭ VV, Smirnova OV.

Abstract
We studied concentrations of cortisol, its precursors and active form in human blood and relation to the changes in concentration of central and peripheral hormonal regulators (total 36 parameters) in healthy male volunteers aged 18-72 y.o. The study demonstrated a significant decrease in blood concentrations of unutilazed cortisol precursors (pregnenolone and progesterone) with advanced age accompanied by maintenance of total and free cortisol concentrations. We found age-related decrease in ACTH level that is a known hypophysial stimulant of cortisol and cortisol precursor synthesis in adrenal glands. Cortisol and ACTH levels in study population had different correlation behavior in relation to central and peripheral regulators for hormonal axes. CONCLUSION: cortisol level remains stable with advanced age in males despite the decrease in steroidogenic activity and blood ACTH level. This may be due to the imbalance in the regulation of cortisol and ACTH production by central and peripheral regulators especially by hormones of reproductive and somatotrophic axes.
OK, I thought it was an increase in cortisol that cause the increase in fat deposites in the belly area of men and the hip/thigh area of women as the aged.

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
Phosphatidylserine... endoamp max seems to be the best ps containing product
Vitamin C dosages mentoned above
7-keto
BB.com had something called cortished that worked great, not sure if its still around though

Agreed as well with a need to balance cortisol, test, and I will add insulin in this equation, but honestly if any hormone in the body is off it will effect all the others, so its kinda cheating to say any other hormones to try and sound smart like I did.

K

KDLMaj

Awards
I used to use Lean Xtreme, but I switched to Free Test and have been very happy with the results. I also throw in some Vitamin C for good measure- especially since after a cycle my immune system is usually pretty shot.

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dont forget bcaa's. Studies show that after a month of supplementing with bcaa's, cortisol levels were significantly lower than those who didnt supplement w/bcaa's.

K

KDLMaj

Awards
Thanks for the Rulk- I'd never heard that before. I love this board- I always learn something new.