IYO, what's the best cortisol blocker?

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bluehealer View Post
    Don't these levels increase as a person ages?
    ACTH production decreases with age- and ACTH stimulates cortisol release, but actual cortisol levels, no

Fiziol Cheloveka. 2010 Sep-Oct;36(5):101-9.

[Age-related changes in blood concentration of hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis hormones, their central and peripheral regulators in healthy men].
    [Article in Russian]

Kuzina IN, Kilikovskiĭ VV, Smirnova OV.

Abstract
    We studied concentrations of cortisol, its precursors and active form in human blood and relation to the changes in concentration of central and peripheral hormonal regulators (total 36 parameters) in healthy male volunteers aged 18-72 y.o. The study demonstrated a significant decrease in blood concentrations of unutilazed cortisol precursors (pregnenolone and progesterone) with advanced age accompanied by maintenance of total and free cortisol concentrations. We found age-related decrease in ACTH level that is a known hypophysial stimulant of cortisol and cortisol precursor synthesis in adrenal glands. Cortisol and ACTH levels in study population had different correlation behavior in relation to central and peripheral regulators for hormonal axes. CONCLUSION: cortisol level remains stable with advanced age in males despite the decrease in steroidogenic activity and blood ACTH level. This may be due to the imbalance in the regulation of cortisol and ACTH production by central and peripheral regulators especially by hormones of reproductive and somatotrophic axes.
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    I can think of a case off the top of my head where one of the IFBB pros got their levels too low, and it made him bleed out- he was taking Cytadren, which is a really strong cortisol synthesis inhibitor (a prescription drug)- they give it to people who have Cushing's Syndrome, which is a disorder characterized by abnormally high cortisol levels....he was also taking about 10-15 other drugs along with it as well. I don't think any commercial availiable supplement would cause this type of issue, however.....

Google Andreas Munzer for more info.....he died in 1996 as I remember
    yes Cytadren is very powerful
    SNS Online Representative
    Maxximal @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

Got Glycophase ...?

3. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.

I have bulk DAA and a bottle of HGH-Up on hand so I just need to purchase Free Test, Endoamp, and Erase.
    and you will have one heck of a stack!
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

and you will have one heck of a stack!
    Hmmmmm
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    SNS Online Representative
    Maxximal @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

Got Glycophase ...?

5. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MAxximal View Post
    Hmmmmm
    LOL- haven't been over here in a while- forgot how much I miss this board
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  171 lbs.

ACTH production decreases with age- and ACTH stimulates cortisol release, but actual cortisol levels, no

Fiziol Cheloveka. 2010 Sep-Oct;36(5):101-9.

[Age-related changes in blood concentration of hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis hormones, their central and peripheral regulators in healthy men].
    [Article in Russian]

Kuzina IN, Kilikovskiĭ VV, Smirnova OV.

Abstract
    We studied concentrations of cortisol, its precursors and active form in human blood and relation to the changes in concentration of central and peripheral hormonal regulators (total 36 parameters) in healthy male volunteers aged 18-72 y.o. The study demonstrated a significant decrease in blood concentrations of unutilazed cortisol precursors (pregnenolone and progesterone) with advanced age accompanied by maintenance of total and free cortisol concentrations. We found age-related decrease in ACTH level that is a known hypophysial stimulant of cortisol and cortisol precursor synthesis in adrenal glands. Cortisol and ACTH levels in study population had different correlation behavior in relation to central and peripheral regulators for hormonal axes. CONCLUSION: cortisol level remains stable with advanced age in males despite the decrease in steroidogenic activity and blood ACTH level. This may be due to the imbalance in the regulation of cortisol and ACTH production by central and peripheral regulators especially by hormones of reproductive and somatotrophic axes.
    OK, I thought it was an increase in cortisol that cause the increase in fat deposites in the belly area of men and the hip/thigh area of women as the aged.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Phosphatidylserine... endoamp max seems to be the best ps containing product
    Vitamin C dosages mentoned above
    7-keto
    BB.com had something called cortished that worked great, not sure if its still around though

Agreed as well with a need to balance cortisol, test, and I will add insulin in this equation, but honestly if any hormone in the body is off it will effect all the others, so its kinda cheating to say any other hormones to try and sound smart like I did.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  166 lbs.

I used to use Lean Xtreme, but I switched to Free Test and have been very happy with the results. I also throw in some Vitamin C for good measure- especially since after a cycle my immune system is usually pretty shot.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  267 lbs.

Dont forget bcaa's. Studies show that after a month of supplementing with bcaa's, cortisol levels were significantly lower than those who didnt supplement w/bcaa's.
    http://www.primordialperformance.com/store/ibcaa.html
    Primordial Performance
    ( at heart )
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  166 lbs.

Thanks for the Rulk- I'd never heard that before. I love this board- I always learn something new.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by KDLMaj View Post
    Thanks for the Rulk- I'd never heard that before. I love this board- I always learn something new.
    BCAAs are so beneficial. They are am unsung hero in my book.

Rulk, are Primordial's BCAAs unflavored only? I never can cover the taste of bulk unflavored BCAAs enough.
  12. Primordial Performance Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bikeswimlive View Post
    BCAAs are so beneficial. They are am unsung hero in my book.

Rulk, are Primordial's BCAAs unflavored only? I never can cover the taste of bulk unflavored BCAAs enough.
    You could try Vitaberry with your next order. I swear to god this stuff tastes damn good. It covers up BCAAs (it really does) and it just tastes awesome on its own. I literally just make myself a drink of it sometimes for the hell of it.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    You could try Vitaberry with your next order. I swear to god this stuff tastes damn good. It covers up BCAAs (it really does) and it just tastes awesome on its own. I literally just make myself a drink of it sometimes for the hell of it.
    Do you take it intraworkout? I was wondering if the flavor and mixability are ok for drinking during a heavy workout without upsetting the stomach?
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.

vitaminc c works like a charm...i also use x-lean, just thought i would throw that out there
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.

Lean Extreme or Endoamp. Both worked well for me, the others I can't comment on.
  16. Registered User

I still don't understand people taking so many supps to lower cortisol. I mean it must work, enough people have gotten results from it that you'd have to say that. But even with the knowledge that too much can lead to fat stores and a host of other problems, you still need to have enough in your system. And especially if cutting, your thyroid function is going to depend A LOT on having adequate supply of cortisol in your system. If you lower your cortisol too much, it's going to shut your thyroid down and you won't be losing any weight my friend.

So if you are cutting, and taking something to boost your thyroid output, it would seem taking a cort reducer would be counter intuitive to what you are trying to accomplish.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  225 lbs.

trust me, they are unflavored, i like that they are anji, but it doesnt help with the taste
    i throw it into map, into torrent, into power shock....nothing works

the vitaberry they sell looks expensive, but if that really works itd be worth it....gatorade, crystal lite, nothing man

but bcaa are important, so i just chug em down
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  267 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by HATEFULone View Post
    Do you take it intraworkout? I was wondering if the flavor and mixability are ok for drinking during a heavy workout without upsetting the stomach?
    I use the vitaberry to mask the taste of ibcaa's and I usually consume mine post workout. No problems with upset stomach that ive ever exerienced, this way or intra. Vitaberry is pretty light even with ibcaa's.
    Primordial Performance
    ( at heart )
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.

Vitaberry is just awesome, but to salty for me to buy all the time. I'm not saying it's over priced, you get what you pay for. I feel it's worth it, but have a hard time justifying the price to the wifey.
  20. Primordial Performance Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by subweevil View Post
    Vitaberry is just awesome, but to salty for me to buy all the time. I'm not saying it's over priced, you get what you pay for. I feel it's worth it, but have a hard time justifying the price to the wifey.
    Yeah, I try to not us a whole scoop to combat the price, makes it stretch out a bit longer.

Yes hatefulone, I use it intra and have no issues.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.

Yeah, I try to not us a whole scoop to combat the price, makes it stretch out a bit longer.

Yes hatefulone, I use it intra and have no issues.
    How many servings per tub?
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.

Also, happened upon this little piece of info:

"Fish Oil Affects Cortisol, Fat Mass
    GETTYSBURG, Pa. Consumption of fish oil supplements can positively affect lean body and reduced serum cortisol levels, according to a new study (J Intl Soc Sports Nutr. ePub 8 Oct 2010. DOI: 10.1186/1550-2783-7-31). Researchers from Gettysburg College recruited 44 healthy adults to examine the effects of supplemental fish oil (FO) on resting metabolic rate (RMR), body composition and cortisol production. Subjects were randomized to receive either 4 g/d of safflower oil (SO) or 4 g/d of FO providing 1,600 mg/d eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and 800 mg/d docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) for six weeks.

At the end of the intervention, researchers found subjects taking FO had a significant increase in fat-free mass compared to the SO group; they also had a significant reduction in fat mass and a tendency for a decrease in body fat percentage. In addition, there was a tendency for salivary cortisol to decrease in the FO group, and a significant correlation in the FO group between the changes in cortisol and change in fat-free mass and fat mass. There were no significant differences between the groups in terms of body mass, RMR or respiratory exchange ratio."
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  171 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliThaDon View Post
    I still don't understand people taking so many supps to lower cortisol. I mean it must work, enough people have gotten results from it that you'd have to say that. But even with the knowledge that too much can lead to fat stores and a host of other problems, you still need to have enough in your system. And especially if cutting, your thyroid function is going to depend A LOT on having adequate supply of cortisol in your system. If you lower your cortisol too much, it's going to shut your thyroid down and you won't be losing any weight my friend.

So if you are cutting, and taking something to boost your thyroid output, it would seem taking a cort reducer would be counter intuitive to what you are trying to accomplish.
    Tell me this, if I am taking a cortisol blocker to aid in fat loss, and in turn it shuts down my thyroid, wouldn't it make sence to take a thyroid booster?

I'm not disagreeing with you here, I'm just trying to figure this whole thing out.
  24. Registered User

Tell me this, if I am taking a cortisol blocker to aid in fat loss, and in turn it shuts down my thyroid, wouldn't it make sence to take a thyroid booster?

I'm not disagreeing with you here, I'm just trying to figure this whole thing out.
    T3 requires cortisol to work. That's why a lot of people get hypothyroidism and adrenal fatigue/cortisol deficiency confused.

If your cortisol is too low, your thyroid is still producing a normal amount of t3, but without the cortisol it does not work. It's pretty much a guarantee that if your cortisol levels are low, you are also hypothyroid. If your cortisol is too low, and you start taking something to boost your thyroid, be it prescription or otherwise, you won't notice a thing from it. You need to address the low cortisol in your body before you can address any thyroid problems you may or may not have.

And I have nothing to back this up, this is just me theorizing how things should work with that knowledge. But it would seem that you are limiting any thyroid boosting supps effectiveness by trying to reduce the cortisol in your body as much as you can, since the thyroid cannot function without cortisol.

allthingsmale.com has a TON of great articles on how cortisol and the thyroid interact with one another
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  171 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by rulk22 View Post
    Dont forget bcaa's. Studies show that after a month of supplementing with bcaa's, cortisol levels were significantly lower than those who didnt supplement w/bcaa's.
    http://www.primordialperformance.com/store/ibcaa.html
    Yeah... I was using Axcell but I need to find another source. Axcel is way too expensive.
  26. Banned

so is it smart to take a cortisol lower like erase with a testbooster and all so a fatburner or would these be fighting against one another?i am taking the triple crown stack right now and my joint are hurting a little and libido is down a little and i am having trouble sleeping.but i am getting results in the gym for sure.
  27. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  122 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by benjiman View Post
    so is it smart to take a cortisol lower like erase with a testbooster and all so a fatburner or would these be fighting against one another?i am taking the triple crown stack right now and my joint are hurting a little and libido is down a little and i am having trouble sleeping.but i am getting results in the gym for sure.
    It's fine to stack cortisol controllers with testosterone boosters and fat burners. Everyone is different though, so how they are affected is going to differ as well - if it doesn't work well with your body, then don't do it, but if you have no issues, then by all means, go ahead.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  151 lbs.

Cutting, I've got that last bit of belly fat.
    if your just looking at cutting the last bit of belly fat, i had the same goal but wanted to gain some muscle as well. i stacked DHEA, Drive, cissus and Assault together for a month and had training and diet adjusted for my goal. by the end of the month i went from having a decent 6 pack to having a super freaking ripped six pack (got complements by strangers when i waled down the beach lol) and still gained about 4lbs of muscle while cutting back the belly fat.
  29. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  122 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by lpfleiderer View Post
    if your just looking at cutting the last bit of belly fat, i had the same goal but wanted to gain some muscle as well. i stacked DHEA, Drive, cissus and Assault together for a month and had training and diet adjusted for my goal. by the end of the month i went from having a decent 6 pack to having a super freaking ripped six pack (got complements by strangers when i waled down the beach lol) and still gained about 4lbs of muscle while cutting back the belly fat.
    That stack alone would be incredible to run! However, supplements are not the answer to getting the body one wants, and should only compliment nutrition and training - which you showed.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  30. Primordial Performance Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.

How many servings per tub?
    Vitaberry is 60 servings, I use 3/4 scoop and probably get around 90.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.

Vitaberry is 60 servings, I use 3/4 scoop and probably get around 90.
    I could have looked it up myself, but I was lazy. Thanks.
  32. Primordial Performance Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.

I could have looked it up myself, but I was lazy. Thanks.
    Not a problem man, anytime.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
  33. Registered User

I've been using something from VH Nutrition called Cortibol cortisol blocker and so far it's workin alright for me. But I'll check back later
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. A2-Receptor Blocker or Cortisol Blocker?
    By OhHaiDare in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-10-2011, 10:27 PM
  2. Best cortisol blocker?
    By Nate101 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 04:20 AM
  3. PCT and Cortisol Blocker
    By bmw8591 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-06-2009, 11:26 AM
  4. Cortisol Blocker