IYO, what's the best cortisol blocker?

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by bluehealer View Post
    I've always used lean fx but looking to try something different.

    Edit: I've read similar threads but just to make sure there's nothing new on the market not covered in those older threads.
    why block cortisol?

    you need a ratio between Cortisol and Testosterone

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Cissus Q's mechanism of action is to block pro-inflammatory cytokines at the cellular level, as well as the gluccocorticoid family of steroids, of which, cortisol is one. Normal dosage will do it.

    http://www.jssm.org/vol4/n1/10/v4n1-10pdf.pdf

    http://www.musculardevelopment.com/a...connection.pdf


  2. Quote Originally Posted by bluehealer View Post
    Maybe stack Free Test/ Endoamp/ Erase???
    That could work- might be a little too much on the 3-desoxy DHEA end- we use a pretty high dosage in Free Test- but it should do a really good job at raising test levels and lowering cortisol levels- may dry you out quite a bit or cause joint pain at that high a dosage tho.....
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by MAxximal View Post
    why block cortisol?

    you need a ratio between Cortisol and Testosterone

    http://www.jssm.org/vol4/n1/10/v4n1-10pdf.pdf

    http://www.musculardevelopment.com/a...connection.pdf
    And you need it to cushion joints- cut it too low and it can be really unpleasant.....

    However, you don't want it running rampant, either.....
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals

  4. Quote Originally Posted by bluehealer View Post
    Maybe stack Free Test/ Endoamp/ Erase???
    If you're going to stack FREE TEST and Erase together, I recommend only using 1 cap of Erase daily, since both products contain the same active and both control cortisol, and you don't want to decrease your cortisol by HEAPS.

    ~Rosie~
    Athlete ~ Trainer ~ Writer
    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - @rosiecheewarrior

    Contact [email protected] for INDIVIDUALIZED Fitness Management
    Motivation. Knowledge. Results.
    www.rosiesmusclerevolution.com

  5. Quote Originally Posted by MAxximal View Post
    why block cortisol?

    you need a ratio between Cortisol and Testosterone




    http://www.jssm.org/vol4/n1/10/v4n1-10pdf.pdf

    http://www.musculardevelopment.com/a...connection.pdf
    This finding would seem to support the
    notion that the observed testosterone reductions
    following certain forms of physical exercise could
    be related to cortisol elevations
    in response to that
    exercise. But, this is speculative on our part as the
    current data only indicate the existence of an
    associative relationship between the hormones and
    does not indicate a cause and effect relationship.
    Further research is necessary to fully address this
    question.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    That could work- might be a little too much on the 3-desoxy DHEA end- we use a pretty high dosage in Free Test- but it should do a really good job at raising test levels and lowering cortisol levels- may dry you out quite a bit or cause joint pain at that high a dosage tho.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    If you're going to stack FREE TEST and Erase together, I recommend only using 1 cap of Erase daily, since both products contain the same active and both control cortisol, and you don't want to decrease your cortisol by HEAPS.

    ~Rosie~
    OK then FreeTest/ Endoamp followed by Erase/ Endoamp.

  7. Not to be an alarmist, but how much cortisol is needed by the body to remain efficient with respect to other bodily processes? http://www.ehow.com/about_5183275_sy...ol-level_.html

  8. Soooo much information, you gotta love AM. And it's members.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by bluehealer View Post
    Soooo much information, you gotta love AM. And it's members.
    Hopefully someone knowledgeable in that area can chime in on the subject. I'm on erase currently and this thread is of interest to me.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    Not to be an alarmist, but how much cortisol is needed by the body to remain efficient with respect to other bodily processes? http://www.ehow.com/about_5183275_sy...ol-level_.html
    It really depends on the individual- you can have blood tests drawn to see where you are at- a normal early morning value (when cortisol levels are highest) is 6 to 23 mcg- and these levels normally decrease during the day
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals

  11. Steroids








    anyone how knows me knows im dead serious






    DO NOT FOLLOW THE PATH OF SCHWELLINGTON!
    Test e/dbol/epi/winnie
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/164764-schwellington-has-been.html

  12. Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    It really depends on the individual- you can have blood tests drawn to see where you are at- a normal early morning value (when cortisol levels are highest) is 6 to 23 mcg- and these levels normally decrease during the day
    I can think of a case off the top of my head where one of the IFBB pros got their levels too low, and it made him bleed out- he was taking Cytadren, which is a really strong cortisol synthesis inhibitor (a prescription drug)- they give it to people who have Cushing's Syndrome, which is a disorder characterized by abnormally high cortisol levels....he was also taking about 10-15 other drugs along with it as well. I don't think any commercial availiable supplement would cause this type of issue, however.....

    Google Andreas Munzer for more info.....he died in 1996 as I remember
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals

  13. Quote Originally Posted by bluehealer View Post
    OK then FreeTest/ Endoamp followed by Erase/ Endoamp.
    That could work- or maybe try Erase with HGH-Up and Lit-Up, just to get some variation- that way you are getting a big increase in test from all three, an increase in GH from Lit-Up and HGH-Up, cortisol inhibition, and the AI in Erase and the L-Dopa content in HGH-Up will counter any potential issues with the DAA in Lit-Up.......
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals

  14. Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    It really depends on the individual- you can have blood tests drawn to see where you are at- a normal early morning value (when cortisol levels are highest) is 6 to 23 mcg- and these levels normally decrease during the day
    Don't these levels increase as a person ages?

  15. Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    That could work- or maybe try Erase with HGH-Up and Lit-Up, just to get some variation- that way you are getting a big increase in test from all three, an increase in GH from Lit-Up and HGH-Up, cortisol inhibition, and the AI in Erase and the L-Dopa content in HGH-Up will counter any potential issues with the DAA in Lit-Up.......
    I have bulk DAA and a bottle of HGH-Up on hand so I just need to purchase Free Test, Endoamp, and Erase.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by bluehealer View Post
    Don't these levels increase as a person ages?
    ACTH production decreases with age- and ACTH stimulates cortisol release, but actual cortisol levels, no

    Fiziol Cheloveka. 2010 Sep-Oct;36(5):101-9.

    [Age-related changes in blood concentration of hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis hormones, their central and peripheral regulators in healthy men].
    [Article in Russian]

    Kuzina IN, Kilikovskiĭ VV, Smirnova OV.

    Abstract
    We studied concentrations of cortisol, its precursors and active form in human blood and relation to the changes in concentration of central and peripheral hormonal regulators (total 36 parameters) in healthy male volunteers aged 18-72 y.o. The study demonstrated a significant decrease in blood concentrations of unutilazed cortisol precursors (pregnenolone and progesterone) with advanced age accompanied by maintenance of total and free cortisol concentrations. We found age-related decrease in ACTH level that is a known hypophysial stimulant of cortisol and cortisol precursor synthesis in adrenal glands. Cortisol and ACTH levels in study population had different correlation behavior in relation to central and peripheral regulators for hormonal axes. CONCLUSION: cortisol level remains stable with advanced age in males despite the decrease in steroidogenic activity and blood ACTH level. This may be due to the imbalance in the regulation of cortisol and ACTH production by central and peripheral regulators especially by hormones of reproductive and somatotrophic axes.
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals

  17. Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    I can think of a case off the top of my head where one of the IFBB pros got their levels too low, and it made him bleed out- he was taking Cytadren, which is a really strong cortisol synthesis inhibitor (a prescription drug)- they give it to people who have Cushing's Syndrome, which is a disorder characterized by abnormally high cortisol levels....he was also taking about 10-15 other drugs along with it as well. I don't think any commercial availiable supplement would cause this type of issue, however.....

    Google Andreas Munzer for more info.....he died in 1996 as I remember
    yes Cytadren is very powerful

  18. Quote Originally Posted by bluehealer View Post
    I have bulk DAA and a bottle of HGH-Up on hand so I just need to purchase Free Test, Endoamp, and Erase.
    and you will have one heck of a stack!
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals

  19. Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    and you will have one heck of a stack!
    Hmmmmm
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  20. Quote Originally Posted by MAxximal View Post
    Hmmmmm
    LOL- haven't been over here in a while- forgot how much I miss this board
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals

  21. Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    ACTH production decreases with age- and ACTH stimulates cortisol release, but actual cortisol levels, no

    Fiziol Cheloveka. 2010 Sep-Oct;36(5):101-9.

    [Age-related changes in blood concentration of hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis hormones, their central and peripheral regulators in healthy men].
    [Article in Russian]

    Kuzina IN, Kilikovskiĭ VV, Smirnova OV.

    Abstract
    We studied concentrations of cortisol, its precursors and active form in human blood and relation to the changes in concentration of central and peripheral hormonal regulators (total 36 parameters) in healthy male volunteers aged 18-72 y.o. The study demonstrated a significant decrease in blood concentrations of unutilazed cortisol precursors (pregnenolone and progesterone) with advanced age accompanied by maintenance of total and free cortisol concentrations. We found age-related decrease in ACTH level that is a known hypophysial stimulant of cortisol and cortisol precursor synthesis in adrenal glands. Cortisol and ACTH levels in study population had different correlation behavior in relation to central and peripheral regulators for hormonal axes. CONCLUSION: cortisol level remains stable with advanced age in males despite the decrease in steroidogenic activity and blood ACTH level. This may be due to the imbalance in the regulation of cortisol and ACTH production by central and peripheral regulators especially by hormones of reproductive and somatotrophic axes.
    OK, I thought it was an increase in cortisol that cause the increase in fat deposites in the belly area of men and the hip/thigh area of women as the aged.

  22. Phosphatidylserine... endoamp max seems to be the best ps containing product
    Vitamin C dosages mentoned above
    7-keto
    BB.com had something called cortished that worked great, not sure if its still around though

    Agreed as well with a need to balance cortisol, test, and I will add insulin in this equation, but honestly if any hormone in the body is off it will effect all the others, so its kinda cheating to say any other hormones to try and sound smart like I did.

  23. I used to use Lean Xtreme, but I switched to Free Test and have been very happy with the results. I also throw in some Vitamin C for good measure- especially since after a cycle my immune system is usually pretty shot.

  24. Dont forget bcaa's. Studies show that after a month of supplementing with bcaa's, cortisol levels were significantly lower than those who didnt supplement w/bcaa's.
    Primordial Performance
    ( at heart )

  25. Thanks for the Rulk- I'd never heard that before. I love this board- I always learn something new.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. A2-Receptor Blocker or Cortisol Blocker?
    By OhHaiDare in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-11-2011, 12:27 AM
  2. Best cortisol blocker?
    By Nate101 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 06:20 AM
  3. PCT and Cortisol Blocker
    By bmw8591 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-06-2009, 01:26 PM
  4. Cortisol Blocker
    By firewalker24 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-25-2009, 11:26 PM
  5. Cortisol Blocker
    By Lene28 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-10-2009, 01:52 AM
Log in
Log in