creating my own bcaa mix, thoughts?

tbarrows

tbarrows

Awards
  • Established
sup y'all, I was reading some posts from Layne Norton recently where he states that his lab mate recently tested adding in FFAA's between meals and found that 'it was able to overcome the refractory response and re-stimulate protein synthesis'.

This being said, I think it may be cheaper to make my own rather than buying xtend... am I missing anything for a good full spectrum FFAA mix with BCAA (valine, leucine, isoleucine), citrulline malate and beta alanine? I'm really just going for cost effectiveness here so any suggestions are certainly welcome. Thanks bra's and bra-etts.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
if you are just looking to increase protein synthesis you could probably get away with just buying Lecuine.

tbarrows

tbarrows

Awards
  • Established
is that so? I'm not well versed in this, why is leucine decent enough?

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I believe Layne Norton in his study only used Lecuine after meals. Lecuine is like the key activator in protein synth. The other bcaa's dont hurt as well but Leucine is what you are after. The beta alanine and CM, are just for endurance.

tbarrows

tbarrows

Awards
  • Established
I believe Layne Norton in his study only used Lecuine after meals. Lecuine is like the key activator in protein synth. The other bcaa's dont hurt as well but Leucine is what you are after. The beta alanine and CM, are just for endurance.
interesting, very interesting... thanks bro!! Buying just bulk leucine itself would def be a money saved. Any recollection on how much he used in his study between meals? 5g?

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
interesting, very interesting... thanks bro!! Buying just bulk leucine itself would def be a money saved. Any recollection on how much he used in his study between meals? 5g?
I think 3g, but I have heard to take in about 20 a day