flax seed oil

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
is flax ...flax. i mean, i ordering more supps here and need to stock back my flax seed oils. but i found 250 caps at 1000mg for bout $10. Thats much cheaper than other flax from brands like health from the sun, high lignan, etc. you thinking the ration amount of omega 3,6,9 are different from one brand to another and if so, any of the omegas a better choice?

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Flax oil SHOULD be flax oil. If its a reputable company then it contains all 3 essential omega fats. Get oil....not caps anyways.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
only reason i lean for the caps is cuz i hate messing with my shakes with the addes oil. the caps allow me to jus swallow uknow. and the ones i see for the cheapest has no brand name., just says flax seed oil at vitaglo.com

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Oil is fine in shakes as long as it's not post workout. And Id guess that its vitaglo.com's brand and I go out on a limb and say they're reputable.

MassMachine

Awards
ya take the oil. The pills will take longer to digest, i put my flax in my before bed protein shake, cant even taste it, and it slows my protein absorbtion down.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
A protein powder in milk with flax is a very good idea before bed...keeps your muscles supplied with protein so it can grow while you sleep! ow ow

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
its just from past experience with flax in liquid form that i switched over to softgels. ive had vitanimshoppe's and healthfromthesun in liquid and both added to my drinks, affected the taste in a negative way. thanx though....im gonna get the vitaglo's brand.

SteveDFW

Awards
I use to drink alot of flax oil. I recently switch over to ground flax seeds. I buy the whole flax seed and then use a coffee bean grinder to grind about a week or two worth and store it in the frig.

I add 1/8 cup to my protein shakes and it does not change the taste one bit.

With the ground flax seeds, you not only get the oil, you also get extra protein, fiber, and the very important lignans. The lignans have a positive effect on estrogen control in men.

BUT, you have to grind the flax seeds for your body to be able to use them.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
I use to drink alot of flax oil. I recently switch over to ground flax seeds. I buy the whole flax seed and then use a coffee bean grinder to grind about a week or two worth and store it in the frig.

I add 1/8 cup to my protein shakes and it does not change the taste one bit.

With the ground flax seeds, you not only get the oil, you also get extra protein, fiber, and the very important lignans. The lignans have a positive effect on estrogen control in men.

BUT, you have to grind the flax seeds for your body to be able to use them.
good idea. dont have a coffee grinder..but yes, good idea.

ChaseRoy

Awards
check the post about "flax tasting good" in the of the topic section. I think I have developed a trick where you can not even taste the flax.

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
ive added it in my protien shake and you car hardly taste or....

ive just taken a tablespoon and swallowed the **** followed my a chaser of my shake.....

definately doesnt taste as bad as a shot of whisky...

h19

ChaseRoy

Awards
ive just taken a tablespoon and swallowed the **** followed my a chaser of my shake.....

the trick is to hold it on the tip of your tongue...there are no tasted buds there. Hope that helps.

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
JUST EAT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

h19

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
i also posted some info on flax oil for those that want to know a little more about it.....

thread is flax oil info

if you couldnt guess...lol

h19

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
it oves....i already ordered the caps. eh...whatchu gonna do.

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
whats the site you are buying them from, i bought some flax seed oil and it taste like crap! i like my peanut butter alot better, but still looking for a good deal on caps. (so i dont have to taste it)

whats the site your ordering from ?

ChaseRoy

Awards
if anyone has a Sam's Club by them they (flax caps) are dirt cheap there. At least they are at the ones in MN.

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
i love going to sams and trying all the foods :)

my dad has a sam's club card so woohoo, have to go check it out.

ChaseRoy

Awards
yeah...all the vitamins are in the front section of the store across from all the candy....don't buy the candy though...resist!!! lol

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
lol thanks, and what sucks is if you buy candy, you buy about a years worth !! big ass bulk of candy from sams.

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
There are also some sites that sell flax powder, so that you don't have to grind it yourself.