what are everyones "essentials"

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
I'm in the process of stepping back and re evaluating everything that I'm taking and cutting out the fat so to speak. Just trying to determine what is essential and what really isn't all that essential/needed in my daily supp regimen.

So I'm just curious what everyone feels is their must have supps that they take non stop without cycling and can't live without?

Also, if you are anything like me, you sometimes lose track of something you are taking that needs to be cycled and when it is time to come off it. Any tips? Do you guys like write it down or something?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Protein powder, creatine, multi, BCAAs. when cycling stuff, i just mark on my calendar when i started.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A multi vitamin is the only thing I consider essential. I really don't like it when people call certain supplements a "staple".

sta·ple2    
[stey-puhl] Show IPA
noun, adjective, verb, -pled, -pling.

a basic or necessary item of food: She bought flour, sugar, salt, and other staples.

sup·ple·ment (spl-mnt)
n.
1. Something added to complete a thing, make up for a deficiency, or extend or strengthen the whole.

So you see how those two definitions would make saying "What are your staple supplements.?" a contradiction?.

mmacrazy

mmacrazy

Awards
  • Established
Stuff I always have (not staples as to not make t-bone have a fit :) )

Protein powder
Multi
Fish oil
BCAA

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
actually I never used the word "staple" I said essential, needed, can't live without, and must have. But never used the word staple :)

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm in the process of stepping back and re evaluating everything that I'm taking and cutting out the fat so to speak. Just trying to determine what is essential and what really isn't all that essential/needed in my daily supp regimen.

So I'm just curious what everyone feels is their must have supps that they take non stop without cycling and can't live without?

Also, if you are anything like me, you sometimes lose track of something you are taking that needs to be cycled and when it is time to come off it. Any tips? Do you guys like write it down or something?
Well my friend supplements are not essential. A good way to gauge if you are too dependent on supplements is to cut them out all together for a couple of months. This has a number of benefits to someone who chronically cyces various supplements.

First off this is nice and cheap. Second it really makes you focus on diet, rest and routine. And third it cleans out your body, allows it to re-establish its own natural non-supplemented homeostasis making future cycles more effective(i have found this true with natural, non-steroidal suppelements...i havent dabbled with hormonals). The only true essential in an athletes diet is proper caloric intake to meet your goals.

Now basic supplements include whey, creatine, and a nice pre-workout and if you wanna make life easy a good post-workout(even though oats and whey or a banana and whey works wonders). Amino Acids and multi's can easily be added as basics(notice i said basic and not staple).

And when it comes to cycling stuff, i have defined cycles outlined by start and stop dates. Logging your cycle really help you keep track of how the cycle went(and if you do it here it allows others to know how the supps treated you).

Personally I know I like to establish diet and routine before any cycle. This amplifies the gains of that cycle.

So in summary....there are no true "staple" supplements since they are truly to supplement good diet and routines. Hope that helps you "cut out the fat"

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
protein creatine multivitamin, bcaa, and stims!

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Those were pretty much all what I assumed to be keeping as the main importants. With the exception of nutrient partitioners, I actually like to always be on a nutrient partitioner. Not one for EVERY SINGLE meal, but 2 or 3 meals a day.

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Creatine

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Protein Blends
ArginoCarn
ALA
Multi
Fish/Krill Oil

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Protein powder, Multivitamin, TOCO 8, Fish Oil

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
test cyp(trt), aromasin, protein, toco-8, krill, multi, bcaa, cycle support

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Nobody uses anything GH related on a permanent basis?

adawg4929

Awards
  • Established
Protien supplements generally. Of course you got be taking a good multi and fish oil, but there are times where im pretty much off everything other then just protein, multi and fish oil. So i would definitely say those are my essentials, ofcourse creatine and BCAAs are really worth it as well.

ntornado

Awards
Protein, Fish Oils, Multi, Greens Powder, Vit D, Vit C, Magnesium.

WorkingClass

WorkingClass

Awards
Multi
Protein Powder/powdered milk
Vit C
Natural Vit D

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established

protein powder ( i like ON)
BCAAs
creatine
HCA
Recompadrol
Vitabolic or 2 tablets centrum silver to replace it
Flinstone vitamins or gummy vites (bc they are amazing)
L lysine for skin and immune system

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
protein powder ( i like ON)
BCAAs
creatine
HCA
Recompadrol
Vitabolic or 2 tablets centrum silver to replace it
Flinstone vitamins or gummy vites (bc they are amazing)
L lysine for skin and immune system
you should give your body a break from recompadrol every once a while for a little bit to clear the VS out of your system.

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
you should give your body a break from recompadrol every once a while for a little bit to clear the VS out of your system.
dont need to , Its VS so its excreted very readily and HCA works as a chelator of metals,.. been on it since its been out like 2 years already lol

along with other citric acids being chelators im definetly set and perfectly fine, blood work indicates im good to go. plus VS helps with sucrose induced high BP so im even better for my bulk!

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Multi
Fish Oil
Magnesium
Vit D when im not getting a lot of sun

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
Protein powder, multi vitamin, fish oil, vitamin D. Also think I'm going to stick with Nutraplanet's bulk cissus as a permanent supplement, it has really helped out some joint issues, somewhat to my surprise.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
protien powder
VitD
ASGT
fishoil
multi v/m
apple cider vinagar
taurine
ALCAR
creatine

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Protein powder, multi vitamin, fish oil, vitamin D. Also think I'm going to stick with Nutraplanet's bulk cissus as a permanent supplement, it has really helped out some joint issues, somewhat to my surprise.
Im gonna need to get this soon, thanks for the reminder