Creatine Question

codered5

Awards
I have a couple of quick questions about creatine for the experts here

1. Would it be wise to take creatine if I am trying to cut weight? If so, which kind of creatine?

2. Is there any truth to the rumor that creatine lowers libido and erectile function? I had heard it raises DHT, which would do the opposite I would think, but I have no idea really.

Thanks for any input

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have a couple of quick questions about creatine for the experts here

1. Would it be wise to take creatine if I am trying to cut weight? If so, which kind of creatine?

2. Is there any truth to the rumor that creatine lowers libido and erectile function? I had heard it raises DHT, which would do the opposite I would think, but I have no idea really.

Thanks for any input
1. Creatine should be a STAPLE if you are anaerobic/resistance training, regardless of your goal, IMO. Creatine monohydrate is the most tried, tested, and proven supplement out there, so just stick with that.

2. Don't believe every rumor you hear - I recommend that you research WHAT creatine actually does in your body.

~Rosie~

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
High quality creatine like Creapure should not bloat you, besides it is fine while dieting imo. As far as your second question I have never heard of those issues.

rojasdave

rojasdave

Awards
im done with my 15g loading phase. now i take assault pre, but i got a question for post. i heard creatine is best absorbed into your muscles after working out. is it ok to still take another 5g post? it would be 10g training days and 5g off days.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i hardly ever get a bloat off of creatine. you will reap benefits from it, whether bulking or cutting.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
im done with my 15g loading phase. now i take assault pre, but i got a question for post. i heard creatine is best absorbed into your muscles after working out. is it ok to still take another 5g post? it would be 10g training days and 5g off days.
Yup, exactly what I do.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You can use creatine pre, post, or pre AND post. There is no need to use 10g of creatine a day, and if you're using Assault, you will be ok using creatine just pre. - in fact, until I started using Assault, I dosed creatine pre and post training, since I got the best results that way, but are fine just doing pre now and notice no real difference. It's up to you, honestly.

~Rosie~

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I'd keep the creatine (as monohydrate,) at about 5g a day. Also you shouldn't have to worry about weight gain or bloat from using a reasonable amount of creatine daily.